Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:04 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdreamer View Post
I've heard a couple of different explanations of this, and I'd like to know what the general consensus is. Jesus is supposed to come again to judge the living and the dead, right? And then all good souls will be brought into the kingdom of heaven, or heaven will come to earth.

But when someone dies today, people say, 'he's in a better place,' or 'she's with Jesus.'

So which is it? Are souls brought immediately to that better place, or are they in limbo until Jesus comes again for final judgment?
There is no limbo. When a person dies, they go immediately before Jesus. Since Jesus IS the door to the Father (and heaven), unless you are saved you cannot go into heaven. You must go to hell. There is in some cases an anterior room to heaven where some meet Jesus. It is a dark place and that is where this action takes place for which direction you go, but you don't stay there it is just and in/out type of thing.

Those who go into hell, some get dragged, some pushed, some fall into a casym and get attached by demons at the bottom. Some slide down a hot slide, getting there skin burned all the way down.

From there the demons bring you to several places of their choosing. Whatever tourture they prefer for you based on your life.

When you go to heaven, it is bright and light, and lots of nice music. It looks like earth, in that there is grass and trees, not the walking on clouds like you see in some illustrations. In heaven all the angels I saw looked just like humans except you knew they were angels. There are lots of people in heaven and everyone is happy and joyful. People don't talk as much as you'd think. Many of the word that we use cannot describe heaven or the feeling you have so you just have to smile. For example you can't say "This is heaven" because that is just stating the obvious, or even "This tastes great" or "this is pretty", because these words fail to describe what is experienced in heaven.

Since heaven is where Jesus IS at the present, that is why people say "he's with Jesus" when refering to heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 11:11 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,766,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
I believe that this is the main reason why most Christians do not want to be cremated.
They believe that once you loose the ashes (by accident or other) there is nothing to resurrect.
we were made from water and mud, we can be reconstituded, how ever,don''t we get new bodies?...

Old 01-26-2009, 11:16 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
but if you are interested in scientific evidence etc etc...let me recommend the Quran,,,lots of scientific evidence in it...that only now science has unveil...awesome..
I've read the Quran. I find it very similar to and about as useful as the bible. Neither of them is big on science.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:20 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
I've read the Quran. I find it very similar to and about as useful as the bible. Neither of them is big on science.
Sigh...thats not what some scientists said after reading the Quran and reverting to Islam..Granted there are some who don't but then God ultimately decides who gets to see the light and who don't..

Old 01-26-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
There is no limbo. When a person dies, they go immediately before Jesus. Since Jesus IS the door to the Father (and heaven), unless you are saved you cannot go into heaven. You must go to hell.
Those who go into hell, some get dragged, some pushed, some fall into a casym and get attached by demons at the bottom. Some slide down a hot slide, getting there skin burned all the way down.
What i don't get it is....The one who strays, who tempts, who misleads believers - you know..the big S... he gets a kingdom all of his own? albeit its Hell..but still...? Thats not fair....

I think what i believe in is more 'fair' and balanced That the big S.. and all the lil demons..they will also be dragged and thrown into hell as are the sinners...there are about 7 levels of hell (if im not wrong) The ones taking charge and dishing out the punishments are His angels...not the kindly sort,,,thats reserved for heaven..no.the ones in hell will be big and able to withstand heat and will show no mercy for they are only carrying out their duties..

Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Sigh...thats not what some scientists said after reading the Quran and reverting to Islam..Granted there are some who don't but then God ultimately decides who gets to see the light and who don't..
Uh huh. That's why the Quran is recited as a solid scientific resource all the time. It's just chock-full of science-y goodness.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:03 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,779 times
Quote:
What i don't get it is....The one who strays, who tempts, who misleads believers - you know..the big S... he gets a kingdom all of his own? albeit its Hell..but still...? Thats not fair....

I think what i believe in is more 'fair' and balanced That the big S.. and all the lil demons..they will also be dragged and thrown into hell as are the sinners...there are about 7 levels of hell (if im not wrong) The ones taking charge and dishing out the punishments are His angels...not the kindly sort,,,thats reserved for heaven..no.the ones in hell will be big and able to withstand heat and will show no mercy for they are only carrying out their duties..
I don't know about 7 layers of hell. There is some pits there which have human souls chained above. But it's pretty much one level.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:48 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Quote:
If you want me to believe that blatant fairy tale, you'll have to offer some sort of definitive scientific evidence to back up your ludicrous claims. Until then, when I die I'll just rot and be dead. There is nothing afterwards, and I'm fine with that. I do rather like the idea of reincarnation though. If I had to choose, that would certainly be the most fun.
Oh I believe, and it's not a fairy tale. If I'm wrong, I have nothing to lose. If I'm right, I have everything to gain.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Oh I believe, and it's not a fairy tale. If I'm wrong, I have nothing to lose. If I'm right, I have everything to gain.
Heard that fallacious argument a brazillion times, too. Why don't you Google "Pascal's Wager" just for giggles?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Heard that fallacious argument a brazillion times, too. Why don't you Google "Pascal's Wager" just for giggles?
Guess there's no way of turning you to the path of God's (not necessarily christianiy) huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality