Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 02:38 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I would say at the speed of thought . . . . but "transmitted" does not really apply in the sense we mean in the measurable aspects of our reality, hiker.
OK, let me re-phrase my question.

After a person says a prayer, how long does it take for God to become aware of that prayer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 03:33 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Accurate smiley. Your knowledge is incorrect, Cruithne. It is the accelerated rate of expansion that can NOT be accounted for from the Big Bang that is attributed to dark energy. It should be slowing down . . . NOT accelerating at an accelerating rate.

You misunderstand I think. You made it sound in your statement "we do not know what is doing the stretching in all directions at the same time" as though you were attributing the stretching to god or something (please can we do away with the term stretching and use the correct term expansion instead). Or perhaps that was my interpretation based on previous posts, so I do apologise. When in fact we do know why the universe is accelerating instead of slowing down, or at least we have a very good current theory.
The answer is quite simple really. I am sure you must be aware of the Cosmological Constant?

Quote:
And you know this how?
I know what how? Why god has nothing to do with Julian658's statement;
Quote:
And with the expansion of the universe God was able to travel at a speed greater than the speed of light!
Because again, the question has already been answered by physics and it has nothing to do with god.

EDIT: (sorry I really wanted to write a longer answer but I have to go get the kids from school. I may revisit later with a more in-depth answer).

Old 01-10-2014, 04:04 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
After a person says a prayer, how long does it take for God to become
aware of that prayer?
I know for a fact He is already in my HEAD!!

My experience is He knows what I'm going say or want or think before I DO!

So Mystic would be wrong, teehee,...He knows even BEFORE our thought.
(And I'm as serious as a heart attack..)

Try it...think of something you want....and Voilá....it can't just be me.
Don't think of something you want, keep it sublimated...and Voilá....there it is again!!!

He's EVERYWHERE!

( I easily could have written Psalm 139.)

Old 01-10-2014, 04:18 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
You misunderstand I think. You made it sound in your statement "we do not know what is doing the stretching in all directions at the same time" as though you were attributing the stretching to god or something (please can we do away with the term stretching and use the correct term expansion instead). Or perhaps that was my interpretation based on previous posts, so I do apologise. When in fact we do know why the universe is accelerating instead of slowing down, or at least we have a very good current theory.
The answer is quite simple really. I am sure you must be aware of the Cosmological Constant?
I am aware, Cruithne . . . that has been the point of this discussion . . . why we have dark energy. We need a repulsive force to cause the expansion (stretching equally in all directions). If you use a balloon analogy it misrepresents the expansion as emanating from a central locus and the mathematics doesn't work because of the curvature . . . except at extreme expansion making the surface virtually flat. The rubber sheet analogy eliminates the curvature problem. But all analogies require the existence of a force to cause the expansion (stretching) of space itself . . . hence dark energy.
Quote:
I know what how? Why god has nothing to do with Julian658's statement;
Because again, the question has already been answered by physics and it has nothing to do with god.
This presumes physics knows what IS the source of the dark energy (repulsive force) causing the expansion and knows it is NOT the universal field (God's consciousness). That was why I posed the question.
[
Quote:
EDIT: (sorry I really wanted to write a longer answer but I have to go get the kids from school. I may revisit later with a more in-depth answer).
No problem . . . we aren't going anywhere.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:29 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Hi Mystic,

I guess you missed my question:

Quote:
After a person says a prayer, how long does it take for God to become aware of that prayer?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:44 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I know for a fact He is already in my HEAD!!

My experience is He knows what I'm going say or want or think before I DO!

So Mystic would be wrong, teehee,...He knows even BEFORE our thought.
(And I'm as serious as a heart attack..)

Try it...think of something you want....and Voilá....it can't just be me.
Don't think of something you want, keep it sublimated...and Voilá....there it is again!!!

He's EVERYWHERE!

( I easily could have written Psalm 139.)
I agree. You are correct He knows our prayers before we even think of them. All communication between us and God(swt) is instantaneous. Knowledge of what our communication occurs before we know what it will be.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:02 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Mystic, what is the name of your deity, if I may inquire.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
OK, let me re-phrase my question.
Quote:
Hi Mystic,
I guess you missed my question:
This is not a chat room, hiker. We are not here all the time. It is instantaneous. As Miss Hepbrun suggested, the time it takes for us to form it is longer. The consciousness we experience as our instantaneous awareness is actually a quantum time-delayed broadcast of the actual process. We literally are living after-the-fact in our consciousness.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Mystic, what is the name of your deity, if I may inquire.
There is only one because there is only one reality . . . and the name is irrelevant. Every believer in God has their preferred name. I actually like the one Jesus suggested "Abba" or Father. His God is the one He revealed and epitomized . . . that's good enough for me

Old 01-10-2014, 07:15 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
There is only one because there is only one reality . . . and the name is irrelevant. Every believer in God has their preferred name. I actually like the one Jesus suggested "Abba" or Father. His God is the one He revealed and epitomized . . . that's good enough for me
So... El or Yahweh, you mean? Not like Ahura Mazda or Brahman? "There is only one because there is only one reality..." is this a bit of monistic theism and pluralism? It is reminiscent of non-duality in the Advaitist context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality