Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 03:41 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryia View Post
For starters being gay will never be normal.
For example you may man and women kiss at bar and will not raise tension,disturb or disrupt the environment.
By man on man or women on women will
The truth is people do not have to except gays and what they do in public. my personal opinion is that they should not respect it either. ask yourself this is being gay a respectable thing? Why do people looked down on what do? Sense the beginning of time it was said that man women should lay together. God did not take rib from Adam and make a man for him. In all religions i never of such abonimal being excepted but city's where this activity occurred were destroyed
If seeing gay people in public offends you, STAY HOME. I am not required to live my life to not offend you.

Your religion offends some people, yet here you are spouting your god nonsense.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryia View Post
they are advertising gayness in cartoons by giving male characters feminine voices and I have witnessed young boys copying these cartoons sounding very feminine and thinking it's funny. I'm like wow this you have learned from a cartoon. Even on realty shows they leaking this type of sexuality. There are parents that have grown weak in raising kids now. I don't know about others but I don't my son asking why is another man kissing man like you kiss mommy? Is that normal? We don't know what type of effect that has on kids.
There was a time where most people were very religious it does not matter what religion at this point because most religions have good principles, there was no boys left behind closed doors with no adult supervision or boys playing gay, or being flamboyantly feminine because parents were not ***** they were very strict and involve with their kids, the were no advertising fagetry on tv and people weren't dieingto let the world no are gay. Nobody really wants know it's is not information that needs be shared or celebrated
If cartoons offend you, CHANGE the channel.
AGAIN, it is not anyones responsibility to make sure that they do not offend you. It actually looks like you are out searching for something to be offended about. Live your life and let others do the same.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
10 Reasons Why Homosexual

#3 and #10 are the ones I mostly agree upon
#3. So you want to outlaw divorce, and mandate immediate remarriage in the event of a spouse. Right?

#10. Doesn't matter in regards to SECULAR LAW.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:01 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Not everyone is a follower of your brand of god, or of any god at all. Your religious beliefs do not get to make the rules for the rest of us. Live YOUR life according to your religious beliefs, but please have the courtesy to allow others to do the same. And when it comes to legal civil marriage YOUR religion doesn't get to make the laws. Sorry.
Then why are you posting in the religion forum?

Obviously, there are going to be posts referring to God in the religion forum!

Old 01-11-2014, 07:14 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
When was the last time Christians called for the immediate closing of all Red Lobster restaurants because they all serve shellfish?
This inaccuracy really should stop being repeated.

I will refer you to my post from last year:

//www.city-data.com/forum/30281775-post515.html

Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Then why are you posting in the religion forum?

Obviously, there are going to be posts referring to God in the religion forum!
THIS thread is about marriage, and same sex couples being allowed to finally get married. Legal civil marriage.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:35 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about. Being gay is a biological characteristic found in nearly every animal species on earth. God created both gay humans and gay animals. And he didn't destroy any city for gay people. Quit believing the right wing extremist nonsense your pastor spews at you.
You don't know what you are talking about, everyone has a choice as sexual preference and yes Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed as plenty of warnings were given.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:55 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,065,463 times
Quote:
You don't know what you are talking about, everyone has a choice as sexual preference and yes Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed as plenty of warnings were given.
While most of us have a choice regarding our sexual activities, I tend to doubt we have a choice about our preferences.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:58 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Boy, don't we know how you repeatedly say a lot of things despite being proved wrong, despite all the questions hurled your way that you continue to ignore.

I posted a link to a Gallup Poll showing a majority of Americans would support a national Marriage Equality Law and yet, here you are, trying to preach your erroneous propaganda that only 1% want to change marriage.

Come ON!

Stop being so intellectually dishonest.
I fully support a national vote to ammend or not ammend the Constitution. Put it to the vote.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
So you can make a conscious decision and CHOOSE to be attracted to only people of the same sex as you?
Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.