Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 10:10 PM

285 posts, read 426,998 times

Advertisements

Refer to himself as Yahweh/Jehovah when he was on earth? This is the name Jews said was God's name and Jesus was a Jew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 10:15 PM

285 posts, read 426,998 times
Feel free to PM me
I grew up with and live with an abusive parent that has been a Jehovah's witnesses all their life. I have recently decided not to follow the truth anymore I'm more than sure that Jehovah doesn't love me and I believe I have committed the unforgivable sin which is another topic

Last edited by readytofly; 01-12-2014 at 10:31 PM..

Old 01-12-2014, 10:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
he was not god. he was son of god and said so.
lots of people teaching different stuff.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:28 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he was not god. he was son of god and said so.
lots of people teaching different stuff.
That's actually interesting. Maybe Jesus never claimed to be God himself, but just a representation of him.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:13 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
That's actually interesting. Maybe Jesus never claimed to be God himself, but just a representation of him.
That would certainly put his divinity in question. Anyone can claim to be God's representative - and many people have.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:19 AM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
That would certainly put his divinity in question. Anyone can claim to be God's representative - and many people have.
That might be what Jesus said, that he was a representative for God, and people confused him to be God.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytofly View Post
Feel free to PM me
I grew up with and live with an abusive parent that has been a Jehovah's witnesses all their life. I have recently decided not to follow the truth anymore I'm more than sure that Jehovah doesn't love me and I believe I have committed the unforgivable sin which is another topic
It is an act of great courage to take this first step, but you probably don't yet understand how utterlyModerator cut: edit messed up your belief system is since you seem to still believe Jehovah or an unpardonable sin even exist.

Being disappointed in or feeling betrayed by your god -- or seeing the gap between that god's promises and actual reality -- is often a first step away from faith, but wrapped up in that is a lot of bitterness and resentment for which (1) life is too short and (2) no god is worth it. Your religion teaches, in effect, that life is all about you and your special relationship with god, when in fact the entire thing is a fabrication. No one has the slightest basis to tell you that you have a special invisible friend who tips the scales of life in your favor. I urge you to examine other religions and the various forms of irreligion from a completely objective basis. Eventually you'll see through it all and find freedom of thought you never thought possible.

I am assuming, of course, that this isn't just a way to act out against your parent, however much they may or may not deserve to be punished. I assume you have genuine doubts. Contrary to your religion, doubt and skepticism is the basis of all human progress. Pursue those doubts and don't take BS for actual answers. You'll be fine.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-13-2014 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: changed ****ed up to messed up because it is a filtered word

Old 01-14-2014, 01:07 PM

591 posts, read 926,030 times
Look up Holy Trinity in your Bible. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all one in 3 different states.

It's all poppycock and none of it actually exists, but it's surprising the lack of knowledge from those who claim to be a true believer. Maybe you should just become beliebers instead.

Last edited by Northern Matt; 01-14-2014 at 02:08 PM..

Old 01-14-2014, 01:23 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
That might be what Jesus said, that he was a representative for God, and people confused him to be God.
Actually...

Matt. 1

23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.”

Old 01-14-2014, 04:08 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytofly View Post
Refer to himself as Yahweh/Jehovah when he was on earth? This is the name Jews said was God's name and Jesus was a Jew
He called himself God. Rev 1:18
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality