Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 06:22 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

orogenicman, Because God created them all differently that way. Humans cannot procreate with any animal unless it is human.

Just because they have fingers and a thumb and humans have fingers and a thumb does not make a human an ape or an ape a human nor does it prove we evolved one from the other. It is just that God created the ape, baboon, etc. with hands like that so they could fulfill very specific functions God created them to do.

Like I said, just because we have certain genes other animals have does not prove we are evolved from those animals. It just proves God created them all with their very specific gene system so they turn out the way they do and we turn out the way we do.

Humans cannot procreate with other animals. That should tell you something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 06:23 PM

392 posts, read 351,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
If apes and humans are not related, why do they, as well as all other primates share the following characteristics (that are shared with no other animals)?

Features found in all primates, including Homo sapiens include:

Humans vs Primates

1.Opposable thumb

- meaning that thumbs can be held in position opposite to the attached fingers.

2.Hands and feet can grasp

-i.e. "prehensile" hands and feet

3.Fingernails instead of claws

-as opposed to other mammals such as bears, dogs, both large and domestic cats, and many other smaller animals have sharp claws at the end of each digit whereas primates have comparatively flatter fingernails and very sensitive tactile pads on palmer surface of the digits.

4.Flattened face resulting in two eyes next to each other pointing in the same directions

- as opposed to other mammals such as horses, deer, elephants, dolphins and many others whose eyes are on either side of the head/face pointed in opposite directions, i.e. one eye points to the left and the other to the right.

Eyes located side-by-side as in primates makes possible stereoscopic vision, which is important for depth perception.

5.32 teeth in permanent heterodont dentition

-"heterodont" refers to animals that have several different types of teeth, e.g. incisors, canines, premolars, and molars. This indicates feeding/hunting specialization in a species (compared with other species that are often considered more primitive e.g. certain bony fish, amphibians, and reptiles).

6.Single pair of mammary glands (breasts)

-as opposed to many other animals such as e.g. cats, dogs, pigs, rabbits and squirrels whose adult females have multiple pairs of mammary glands, which is important for feeding large litters of many young.
Wow and I have two eyes...does that make me a fish?

Old 03-05-2014, 06:28 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
Wow and I have two eyes...does that make me a fish?
Think "gnat." LOL!

Old 03-05-2014, 06:35 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Quote:
If apes and humans are not related, why do they, as well as all other primates share the following characteristics (that are shared with no other animals)?

Features found in all primates, including Homo sapiens include:

Humans vs Primates

1.Opposable thumb

- meaning that thumbs can be held in position opposite to the attached fingers.

2.Hands and feet can grasp

-i.e. "prehensile" hands and feet

3.Fingernails instead of claws

-as opposed to other mammals such as bears, dogs, both large and domestic cats, and many other smaller animals have sharp claws at the end of each digit whereas primates have comparatively flatter fingernails and very sensitive tactile pads on palmer surface of the digits.

4.Flattened face resulting in two eyes next to each other pointing in the same directions

- as opposed to other mammals such as horses, deer, elephants, dolphins and many others whose eyes are on either side of the head/face pointed in opposite directions, i.e. one eye points to the left and the other to the right.

Eyes located side-by-side as in primates makes possible stereoscopic vision, which is important for depth perception.

5.32 teeth in permanent heterodont dentition

-"heterodont" refers to animals that have several different types of teeth, e.g. incisors, canines, premolars, and molars. This indicates feeding/hunting specialization in a species (compared with other species that are often considered more primitive e.g. certain bony fish, amphibians, and reptiles).

6.Single pair of mammary glands (breasts)

-as opposed to many other animals such as e.g. cats, dogs, pigs, rabbits and squirrels whose adult females have multiple pairs of mammary glands, which is important for feeding large litters of many young.
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_apr20...utionOfMan.jpg

makes sense right.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:54 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I wouldn't know because your link doesn't actually show anything.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
orogenicman, Because God created them all differently that way. Humans cannot procreate with any animal unless it is human.

Just because they have fingers and a thumb and humans have fingers and a thumb does not make a human an ape or an ape a human nor does it prove we evolved one from the other. It is just that God created the ape, baboon, etc. with hands like that so they could fulfill very specific functions God created them to do.

Like I said, just because we have certain genes other animals have does not prove we are evolved from those animals. It just proves God created them all with their very specific gene system so they turn out the way they do and we turn out the way we do.

Humans cannot procreate with other animals. That should tell you something.
And the reason why Chimpanzees have been used in HIV research would be?

You know, I don't know if anyone has ever told you this, but denial is not a river in Egypt.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Hopefully, these threads will be preserved so folks 25 years from now can read exactly what certain primitive goat herders actually believed in the year 2014.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hopefully, these threads will be preserved so folks 25 years from now can read exactly what certain primitive goat herders actually believed in the year 2014.
Isn't it wonderful that today we can talk about these things without the threat of an 'holy' inquisition?

Old 03-05-2014, 07:06 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
Quote:
Isn't it wonderful that today we can talk about these things without the threat of an 'holy' inquisition?
oh quit monkeying around.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
oh quit monkeying around.

But I've only just begun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality