Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 05:07 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Please keep in mind that the same God that judges evil also loves us so much that he died on the cross himself in order to redeem man. He's not JUST into war and killing.
You mean the same God that knew beforehand that he would come back to life? Doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 05:07 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
I've not stuttered or stammered. I've been completely open and truthful. God does judge sin.

If God determined it was ok to do so, then it is. Because that 2 year old child was sinful. Because he/she would grow up to be a sinful human being. I'm not suggesting, nor have I ever suggested that we should go kill babies. Heck, we're not the side that advocates abortion and kills hundreds of thousands of babies a year.

Why? What system of morality tells you that? Why is your morality any better? How do you judge that?

The fact that the child would have grown up to be a child-sacrificing false-god worshiping, sinful human being and God decided it was needed is reason enough.
Maybe Hittler should have been killed when he was two, look at what he did as an adult...

Old 02-07-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Please keep in mind that the same God that judges evil also loves us so much that he died on the cross himself in order to redeem man. He's not JUST into war and killing.
Ahh, you're Oneness...

Old 02-07-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
So Richard...if Israelites came here and invaded and killed a bunch of pagans, it wouldn't be murder? Every law enforcement agency in our country would disagree with you.

I also wouldn't go around telling too many people you believe that, let alone post it online. These days with the Patriot Act, they don't even really need a reason to lock people up. That seems like terrorist thinking to me. It's what the crazy Muslims believe who want to terrorize Americans. I honestly can't believe you went forward and said that...but that just proves what is so dangerous about religious indoctrination.
You know nothing about me...And obviously know nothing about Muslims nor constitutional rights...Freedom of speech anyone?...Thinking is not a crime...

Old 02-07-2014, 05:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ahh, you're Oneness...
Nope. I am a Trinitarian. That's what the bible teaches.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Nope. I am a Trinitarian. That's what the bible teaches.
Believing that G-d Himself died on the Cross is Oneness thinking...On a side, who was Yeshua's G-d and Father?...

Old 02-07-2014, 05:38 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Believing that G-d Himself died on the Cross is Oneness thinking...
God himself did die on the cross. Jesus is God. He is the 2nd person of the Trinity--fully God, but also fully man.
Quote:

On a side, who was Yeshua's G-d and Father?...
The Bible calls him "Jesus". Actually more like "Yaysoos". Nowhere in the Bible do you see his name as "Yeshua".

But in any event, His Father is God, the Father -- the 1st person of the Trinity. No, the Father did not die on the cross, but God the Son did.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
God himself did die on the cross. Jesus is God. He is the 2nd person of the Trinity--fully God, but also fully man.

The Bible calls him "Jesus". Actually more like "Yaysoos". Nowhere in the Bible do you see his name as "Yeshua".

But in any event, His Father is God, the Father -- the 1st person of the Trinity. No, the Father did not die on the cross, but God the Son did.
Can you prove this with Scripture?...

Old 02-07-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
So Richard...if Israelites came here and invaded and killed a bunch of pagans, it wouldn't be murder? Every law enforcement agency in our country would disagree with you.

I also wouldn't go around telling too many people you believe that, let alone post it online. These days with the Patriot Act, they don't even really need a reason to lock people up. That seems like terrorist thinking to me. It's what the crazy Muslims believe who want to terrorize Americans. I honestly can't believe you went forward and said that...but that just proves what is so dangerous about religious indoctrination.
Let me ask you something...Would you or could you put a bullet into a 8 year old child's chest...why or why not?...

Old 02-07-2014, 07:34 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Let me ask you something...Would you or could you put a bullet into a 8 year old child's chest...why or why not?...
Let me ask you. If your God told you to kill the 2 yr. old child next door because he would eventually grow to be the anti-Christ, would you do so? Same question for Vizio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality