Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 06:48 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Karma can be good. Karma can be bad. To me it is simple cause and effect.

But that still doesn't tell me what your sentence means.

But never mind.

(BTW...did it ever occur to you that I don't like engaging with you? I just thought you were here for discussion. My mistake).
lol ... you don't engage in anything that doesn't get you want you want. Like playing the whole tape. lmaO, that way you can run around chirping about enlightenment. Is is so easy to be enlightened when we pick and choose what we want to "engage". Religion-ist type people do it all the time. And rational people don't have to pick between two religion-ist type people when they both are less reliable.

How can we tell who is who? What process can we use?

lmao .... ahh right ... don't engage in that either ...

Last edited by Arach Angle; 08-27-2021 at 06:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 08:59 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
There are many paths and all paths that achieve relief from suffering is good. Faith is one way and knowledge is another. No judgements necessary. What appeals to one is karma.
Aight.
Actually, what appeals to one is dhamma, not karma. A path chosen.
And indeed, All roads lead to Rome.
All dhammas lead to the same result.

Namaste

Old 08-28-2021, 09:08 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Aight.

Namaste
I may be misunderstanding you, but I don't think that all Dhammas lead to the same result. Some break the cycle and achieve nibanna. Others are left to repeat the cycle of life over and over and over.

Or perhaps you mean something different.

Old 08-28-2021, 01:05 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Aight.

Namaste
Whatever it is that appeals to you is so because of your karma, which is the sum of your tendencies, capabilities, leanings and desires, results of your actions good and bad, in this birth and previous births. That shapes not only your earthy life, it also shapes your spiritual life. You cannot choose your karma, it chooses you in effect. To get rid of karma, at least mitigate its effects, requires mindfulness, right actions, and prayers if you believe.
Go to the light Ukrkoz, go to the light!

Old 08-28-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I may be misunderstanding you, but I don't think that all Dhammas lead to the same result. Some break the cycle and achieve nibanna. Others are left to repeat the cycle of life over and over and over.

Or perhaps you mean something different.
How can we tell? How can one release self justification and answer "what am I doing?"

lmao ... I know, I know.

Old 08-28-2021, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Whatever it is that appeals to you is so because of your karma, which is the sum of your tendencies, capabilities, leanings and desires, results of your actions good and bad, in this birth and previous births. That shapes not only your earthy life, it also shapes your spiritual life. You cannot choose your karma, it chooses you in effect. To get rid of karma, at least mitigate its effects, requires mindfulness, right actions, and prayers if you believe.
Go to the light Ukrkoz, go to the light!
A moth friend of mine said that once.

Old 10-07-2021, 12:19 PM
nng

695 posts, read 289,391 times
Brilliant post. I think what's really remarkable is that something exists rather than nothing. Existence itself is something really amazing and baffling to me. I think that the meaning and purpose of life is to just be, to just exist. I had a moment of clarity about it in my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality