Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 03:02 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I think you made some good points. Call me crazy but interesting to see how you interpreted the passages. I don't know, and you probably don't know but at least your reading and thinking. Ignore the people who called you nuts. They are nuts , they are the ones on a religious group starting fights. WHy come here? The Bible is very much a religious book. A book of fairly tales as someone posted? I guess he never read Josh Mcdowells book and the scholar part to back up the bible.
People with different views might all be interested in religion (exalting or degrading its practices), this is healthy for review and progress.
But even Japanese myths are based in history.
Even the Trojan War includes Athena.
What other religions might be fairy tales? What other religions back themselves with scholarship?

Old 06-25-2014, 03:14 PM

472 posts, read 385,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I think you made some good points. Call me crazy but interesting to see how you interpreted the passages. I don't know, and you probably don't know but at least your reading and thinking. Ignore the people who called you nuts. They are nuts , they are the ones on a religious group starting fights. WHy come here? The Bible is very much a religious book. A book of fairly tales as someone posted? I guess he never read Josh Mcdowells book and the scholar part to back up the bible.

Jesus said he would blind the unbelievers. It matter not their education, or IQ. If they do not believe in God...he blinds them from the truth.

If God came here, and stood in front of them, they would ask him for some ID. If he turned the moon into a flying pig, they would say it was a good trick. These will believe before they die at Gods hand...he will make sure of it.

Thank you for you post...I know many who believe in God do not post...they don't want to be called names, etc.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:17 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Jesus said he would blind the unbelievers. It matter not their education, or IQ. If they do not believe in God...he blinds them from the truth.

If God came here, and stood in front of them, they would ask him for some ID. If he turned the moon into a flying pig, they would say it was a good trick. These will believe before they die at Gods hand...he will make sure of it.

Thank you for you post...I know many who believe in God do not post...they don't want to be called names, etc.
Many of the posters here who oppose your silly "Satan seed" theory believe in God.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Many of the posters here who oppose your silly "Satan seed" theory believe in God.
Do you believe in the God of the Bible, and his son Jesus? As to believing, or not believing in the Satan seed is not a factor that will give one life, or death. It will just answer the questions, "Why we die, why things are as they are, and why God will do what he is going to do."

Please tell me, who are those who believe in God that asked you, a non-believer to speak for them?

Old 06-25-2014, 03:30 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
So, you've moved the goal post within the same post, to only include children of Adam's seed instead of human children. Per your Bible, the Egyptian first born included human children who were killed because...... (You can finish that statement, if you'd like)
OK, I will. Because God hardened Pharoah's heart. So, according to your Bible, God not only killed the first born child of all Egyptians, but he was the reason he punished Pharoah and the Egyptian people.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I believe in God. I believe Jesus Christ was His son.

I believe the Satan's seed stuff is a hateful bunch of malarkey.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
OK, I will. Because God hardened Pharoah's heart. So, according to your Bible, God not only killed the first born child of all Egyptians, but he was the reason he punished Pharoah and the Egyptian people.
What does Egypt have to do with anything? They worshiped the Gods Ashtoroth and Moloch. Moderator cut: inflammatory remarks deleted

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-25-2014 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: judaism bashing

Old 06-25-2014, 03:56 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Are you saying the Planet is a thinking thing? It will say to itself, "Well I see there are to many people. Guess I'll blow up some Volcanos, and attract some meteors...and kill off a few." And you believe Christian have their heads stuck up their butts?
Hmmm... I don't recall mentioning butts, or sticking anything up them

Nature has it's way. Nature tends to balance itself out. It's quite obvious that there is a certain number of humans our planet can handle. Something will happen. And for the record, I don't believe the planet has a brain.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I believe in God. I believe Jesus Christ was His son.

I believe the Satan's seed stuff is a hateful bunch of malarkey.
If you believe in God, his son Jesus...that is all you need to believe for life. If I am wrong about any subject, God will make it know to me. Thus far, I keep finding more to prove it is true. I have gone to him many times over the years...he keeps giving me more from the Bible to support the two seeds. I would rather he had given it to you, and not to me.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:02 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:

Then we have Denver airport which is really weird and apparently its underground serves as future shelter to the 'elite'. NASA made its roof out of kevlar and teflon fiberglass which cost billion dollars. Why would they do that? To protect from Sun and its intensified electromagnetic radiance. Do the leaders know what is to come, and not telling the people?
Woop! Woop! Woop! Conspiracy Theory Alert!

I missed this little nugget since it was buried among Bible verses (which I had no desire to read). Do you watch all those hillbilly monster/skwatch shows too?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality