Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 12:01 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Thanks for ripping that out of context. I just said in the context there is no proof in the bible that God is eternal. Saying Christians take it for granted does not mean they are correct in taking it for granted.
Taking it for granted means that you believe it. You asked Shirina where did you say that God is eternal. I just showed you where you said you believe God is eternal - I did not say anything about proof or being correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 12:06 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
This is always the response when an atheist is shown that a "cosmic accident" is illogical.

Nevertheless, to answer your question, the creator (ID) is always greater than the created. Therefore, it is conceivable that the creator has always existed, or exists outside of time as we know it.
This statement tells very little information until you define "greater."

I do not understand why this supposed creator would have to be greater than the creation, because I do not understand what you mean by "greater."

I think there is about a 97% chance you do not know what you mean by "greater" either. If I am wrong, prove it. Define "greater," in a way that makes it clear that the statement the creator (ID) is always greater than the created makes sense. If you do not respond...I will assume you did not see this post, but I will also assume you do not know what you mean by "greater" in your above statement.

'

Last edited by Clintone; 07-01-2014 at 12:25 PM..

Old 07-01-2014, 12:08 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Don't take your defeat so badly. There's always another day.
That was your defeat! See, it was ironic that you accused us of having no argument and then turning around with a response that was essentially a non-argument. Get it? Probably Not!

Quote:
God creating the universe is so much more logical then everything coming into being by accident that I can't believe you don't at least see the logic.
Another Strawman - again Irony after I just got done telling you that regarding your other strawman.

I can't believe you are going around in circles after I just posted about accidents and you responded to me with your Dryer argument.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:23 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
God I love the 'logic' of creationists.

First they accuse us of not having any arguments then they attribute to us arguments that we have not made (strawmen).

Then they ask us where is the logic in our arguments and claim that they at least have logic. Not to forget all the other assumptions and fallacies that we have to contend with.

No wonder progress is so slow.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:28 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Sorry, wrong again - special pleading is a logical fallacy.

It is logical to say God is eternal.

It is also logical to say matter/energy are eternal.

It is not logical to conclude that only God can be eternal and not matter energy therefore God is the only source for matter/energy particularly without any demonstration of such a claim.
A "cosmic accident" is illogical. ID is logical, based on what we see around us.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
No one said anything about the Bible. Jimie is the one saying that God is eternal.
No, I said it conceivable, since everything has a source, and the creator is greater than the created.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
The moose moving is only part of the accident. It was a pure accident.
What would have happened if the moose hadn't moved?

Old 07-01-2014, 12:32 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
A "cosmic accident" is illogical. ID is logical, based on what we see around us.
Obviously you did not read anything I posted - TRY AGAIN! And Stop Your Strawmanning.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:35 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
No, I said it conceivable, since everything has a source, and the creator is greater than the created.
Go read my post #31.

It is conceivable that he is not.

It is also conceivable that matter/energy are eternal.

If everything has a source so does God.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Don't take your defeat so badly. There's always another day.

God creating the universe is so much more logical then everything coming into being by accident that I can't believe you don't at least see the logic.
Exactly! Tried to, but couldn't rep you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality