Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2014, 10:01 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I already answered that same question, from another poster. Do you believe repeated use of the anus as an entrance is NOT harmful to the body?
I don't know. Is it?

And is it SO harmful that it must be attacked with all the ferocity and resources the nation's collective churches can throw at it?

Is it SO harmful that condemning gays must be a greater priority than helping the sick and poor? (See Council of Bishops and the letter they sent to American nuns).

Is it SO harmful that the Mormon church can justify spending $42 million to get gay marriage banned in just one state?

Is it SO harmful that Bible Belt states felt the need to enshrine their definition of marriage in their state constitutions?

Is it SO harmful that businesses simply cannot do business with gays who engage in anal sex? (Straight people who do, however, are happily served with a smile.)

There is simply -no- case in which you can justify the disproportional response from the religious right.

No case at all.

And you have yet to explain why it is harmful to society, because -that's- what I'm interested in. We all know that people do unhealthy things individually all the time and we're not out to ban them all. But if you think -society- should enact laws banning gay marriage and discriminating against homosexuals, you had better have a damn good reason prepared to justify it. Being unhealthy or it being against your religion are reasons heard and rejected as easily defeatable arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 10:52 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
I know this has never been asked before jimmie, and since you prefer to ignore questions you don't want to ( or can't?) answer, how about two new ones?
How is anal sex unhealthy?
How is the practice of two guys having supposedly unhealthy anal sex bad for society?

Oh, what? They aren't new questions? Oh well, must be you just missed them before.
Here's your chance to give some answers.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:00 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I know this has never been asked before jimmie, and since you prefer to ignore questions you don't want to ( or can't?) answer, how about two new ones?
How is anal sex unhealthy?
How is the practice of two guys having supposedly unhealthy anal sex bad for society?

Oh, what? They aren't new questions? Oh well, must be you just missed them before.
Here's your chance to give some answers.
Has AIDS been cured that I don't know about, whether it be heterosexual or homosexual, yea I would call it pretty unhealthy, downright dangerous.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:04 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Even if that were true, your comment was juvenile. Try to respond like an adult.
Jimmy, me boy, your attempts at insults are not working. But then, what else do fundies resort to when caught in situations they can't answer?

Old 07-04-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Has AIDS been cured that I don't know about, whether it be heterosexual or homosexual, yea I would call it pretty unhealthy, downright dangerous.
Are you going to educate me about how AIDS is transmitted by telling me that it is only through anal sex?

Old 07-04-2014, 11:37 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Are you going to educate me about how AIDS is transmitted by telling me that it is only through anal sex?
So you don't think it is unhealthy ? WOW!!!!!!! You don't think AIDS affects society ? I guess maybe you do need to be educated.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:40 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Oh I completely agree.

Men are -far- more concerned about gender identity than women are. Women are free to morph and change as their whimsy sees fit. They can dress in all men's clothing and walk down the street without a second look. They can have short or long hair, they can have tattoos and piercings, they can wear leather or lace, skirts or pants. They can fix trucks or grow flowers, cook a mean pot roast and then go play football. There is less stigma regarding a woman's gender roles (except within the extremely conservative religious camp).

But men ... oh no, they have to -be- men and must act like men, have male interests, dress macho, and avoid anything that even hints of femininity. Men seem to be very insecure about their own sexuality, their own sexual identity, and their own gender role. So they over-compensate. They way, way, way over-compensate.

This abject hatred and fear of gays, then, is primarily felt by men, and they can't stand gay men. It calls into question their own sexuality and gender. Oh no, if he's doing -that- with him, does that mean it could happen to me? Could I be gay? What if I find out I am? What if a gay guy hits on me? Then other guys will think I'm gay. What does that say about me if I'm appealing to a gay man? Does that mean I'm too feminine?

And the doubts and questions swirl.

Now, I'm not trying to stereotype all men, but most of the ones who are so outspoken and vehemently against homosexuality fixate only on male homosexuality (but will secretly be aroused if they see two women engaging in sex).

Which tells anyone with even a modicum of psychology knowledge - the big issue surrounding gay marriage is not religion, it's not whether it's natural, not whether it's harmful, not even that it's icky.

It's because the homophobes fear and loathe gays because of what it says about masculinity as a whole.
Even most women see it this way though Shirina.
Most, if they heard some hetero couple they knew broke up because the woman left for another woman she would be much less critical of the homosexual aspect of the new relationship than she would be if the man left for another man.
In my work I am around women that are 9 out of 10 bisexual. They are very sexually uninhibited. They commonly speak of "three ways" with their various boyfriends...but always with another woman. And neither have a problem with the third party getting it on with the other.
But...I must say, in the entire 30 years that I have been around people of this proclivity...I can count on one hand the "three ways" I heard of that included a opposite-gender couple bringing in another man where the third party had sex with both the girl and the guy...in that situation, the third party typically just joins in with the man in the couple both doing the girl, and never touch each other sexually.
There is something to that...beyond the mindset of the man.

As a hybrid of the Adultery vs SSM debate:
Have a guy walk in on his girl getting it on with another girl...and check out his reaction...especially if they ask him to join in.
NOW
Have a girl walk in on her man getting it on with another man...and check out HER reaction...especially if they ask her to join in.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
So you don't think it is unhealthy ? WOW!!!!!!! You don't think AIDS affects society ? I guess maybe you do need to be educated.
No, I don't see it as inherently unhealthy although in certain circumstances it could be....so could brushing your teeth.
You're twisting my words...not an uncommon thing around here with some of you.

Did I ever say AIDS has not affected society? No, I didn't think so.
You have, however, tried to use that little bit of twisting so as to avoid answering the actual questions.

I'll repeat them....
"How is anal sex unhealthy?"(Other than the very narrow situation of one of the partners having AIDS)
"How is the practice of two guys having supposedly unhealthy anal sex bad for society"

Old 07-04-2014, 11:45 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
I think championing sin in the public square is bad for any society. It normalizes immoral behavior. This is why there is a pushback amongst Christian sects against homosexuality.

I've never met anyone proud of adultery, but if that ever happens, it should be frowned upon as well.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:46 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Hopefully you know that HIV can be transmitted through heterosexual sex. And heterosexuals can get that virus when the husband/wife they married at the Church of the Open Bible in a traditional marriage commits adultery with someone who carries the virus. Using the "standard" parts of the body that even the most traditional in society would consider acceptable use for that body part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality