Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 05:34 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
Open and increased homosexuality is the result of society's tolerance of adultery.

We just learn it now. But at the time of when the old (Sodom & Gomorrha) and new testament (Rome) were put together it was obvious.
The major reason why Rome fell was because it was built on the backs of slaves and conquest. Without maintaining slave labor and without the constant influx of war booty from conquered peoples, Rome couldn't sustain itself. In addition, the "barbarians" had become increasingly sophisticated in their battlefield tactics and technology; in essence, they caught up to Rome militarily which meant Rome could no longer hold on to their provinces.

Sure, Rome had its fair share of decadent emperors, but Britain has had its share of decadent kings and yet it grew to become the mightiest global empire the world had ever seen.

The downfall of all empires, from Rome to Britan to the Soviet Union occurs because the very definition of an empire is cobbling together disparate groups of people to live under one rule. It never works in the long run; provinces and colonies inevitably rebel, especially if those provinces and colonies have markedly different customs and languages than the capital.

Why people insist on blaming the fall of empires to things like adultery and homosexuality is completely beyond me. Where does this nonsense even come from? Is that what's being taught in history class these days? It's no wonder why our students can't compete globally in academics if -that's- the kind of thing students are taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 06:15 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Marriage before God, a man and woman are made one flesh.
When a man lay with another mans wife, it is the same as two men . She is bringing her husband into a sexual relationship with another man.
She is still connected to her husband for as long as he lives . Divorce does not dissolve the bond. it is merely a legal aspect the absolves one of the liabilities the other may incur.
Rehearse the vow.
When the Pharisees brought the woman caught in adultery to Jesus looking or his judgment in the matter, they failed in one major thing in jewish/God's law.
Both the man and the woman were to be stoned together as public display, not just the woman.
Judgment could not be performed.
They could not prove, nor legally cary out their accusation, with out all parties present. Leviticus 20;10
Jesus did not compromise with God's law ,and reenforced the fact that none of God's law would be touched even slightly.
As for ceremonial man made laws there is no such bind.
Remember too that What Jesus provided in the Holy Spirit ,made man more accountable before God than mere written law.
Obedience on a personal level is now the state of the art, not academics.
Sin is no longer the academic list, but a matter of personal obedience to the Father as Jesus demonstrated.
Sin is now the absence of this obedience.
So the issue of one SIN being worse than another, is moot.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
When a man lay with another mans wife, it is the same as two men . She is bringing her husband into a sexual relationship with another man.
When it comes to two gay men, there is no "she" in the picture.

At all.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:06 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
And how does this religious stuff apply if it is a civil marriage, not performed in a church 'before god'?
Oooops... I slap my own hand. Even though things do sometimes wander away from the op, I'll be the first to admit my question doesn't really apply to the question asked .

Old 07-12-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Oooops... I slap my own hand.
Here, let me do that for you ...

Old 07-12-2014, 08:13 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Here, let me do that for you ...
G*Damn it !!That hurt!!

Old 07-12-2014, 08:53 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
That pic of the nun brings back memories.

Ouchy ones.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:30 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
The major reason why Rome fell was because it was built on the backs of slaves and conquest. (shortened)

Why people insist on blaming the fall of empires to things like adultery and homosexuality is completely beyond me. Where does this nonsense even come from? Is that what's being taught in history class these days? It's no wonder why our students can't compete globally in academics if -that's- the kind of thing students are taught.
I didn't say that the Roman empire fell because of homosexuality, duh. But that the contributing writers of the bible had ample evidence of the tolerance towards adultery leading to widespread homosexuality during the Roman empire.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:43 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
There was nothing 'before' God or Zeus or any other imagined deity about my marriage.

Nothing supernatural in any way was referenced. It did not take place in a religious building of any sort. It was not administered by a religious figure.

The religious scrawlings of your faith or of anyone else's are completely and utterly irrelevant to any discussion of civil marriage.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:27 PM

153 posts, read 150,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Both are equivocal, in God's Word. God views sin as sin. Between the two options, there is no Biblical-based delineation/differentiation.
That is not true ,there is sin and there is 'sin' . One of the most ill used, non truths ,evident to all with any brain at all, and why taking every single quote in the bible without using logic has caused so much evil .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality