Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:49 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisblues1986 View Post
Too soon to rep! +1

I just thank the stars that the religious fanatics get smaller and smaller every year. You are 100% right, they are becoming obsolete, and pushing more people, especially young people, away every day.
And the sooner, the better.

The US is the last bastion for Christian fundavangelists.

Wake up America!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 09:49 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Religion is long past it's Use By date.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:51 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Sin does not "evolve". Right and wrong hasn't changed since the creation of man. What society "wants" doesn't make wrong right.
Slavery?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:01 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Yep, first time I have agreed with Bideshi, because it doesn't say anything, so therefore their argument is null. This is in my opinion of course.
No, we are no where near in agreement.The Bible doesn't bother to say not to hire homosexuals just as it doesn't say not to hire adulterers or pedophiles or prostitutes. A practicing homosexual was shunned by society if not stoned to death, so hiring one knowingly wasn't even worthy of mention in God's Holy Word.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:03 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Slavery?
Good example: something society wanted, declared right, and was wrong.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:03 AM

112 posts, read 92,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And the sooner, the better.

The US is the last bastion for Christian fundavangelists.

Wake up America!
I think we are starting to. The fundamentalists may be louder now, but there are less of them. I just wish all those who don't believe weren't afraid to admit it. I think you would find the numbers of non believers far higher than expected. I know people here in the south that are atheist, but would never admit it to family or anyone they work with for fear of what might happen. I work for a Catholic family, but they are very tolerant and know my beliefs, but not all are, obviously.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
No, we are no where near in agreement.The Bible doesn't bother to say not to hire homosexuals just as it doesn't say not to hire adulterers or pedophiles or prostitutes. A practicing homosexual was shunned by society if not stoned to death, so hiring one knowingly wasn't even worthy of mention in God's Holy Word.
So we should stone them?

If it isn't there then how can you use that as a reason to discriminate? Oh, that's right, you guys use it to discriminate against anyone you hate.

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do."

Anne Lamott

Old 07-03-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Good example: something society wanted, declared right, and was wrong.
It's what you religious guys wanted. Used the bible to say it was okay, kind of like y'all do now, no?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:20 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Faith leaders: Exempt religious groups from order barring LGBT bias in hiring - The Washington Post

And the slippery slope has started already. Fantastic, what's next? Should I, as a non believer, be able to discriminate against the religious? No mental care? No health care for unwed mothers? Where should it stop?
In my opinion, if you want a company of non believers in America and it is your company you should be able to hire that. I think the government needs to keep its nose out of hiring unless safety is involved. I am a law abiding person so if the law is on the books, I abide with it; but personally I would not care if you hired who you please. Hiring someone really different from then rest of the staff can cause workplace tension and stop productivity. An employer should be able to hire anyone he feels helps his company function in a more efficient way.

I am glad the Supreme Court is ruling according to our constitution. Freedom of religion is good.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:23 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,721 times
Quote:
Yep, but Religious organization hire adulterers all the time. Religious organizations are not asking fo rthe right to refuse to hire all sinners, just gays...

And let me be clear, you believe that the United States government should kill homosexuals? Or do you believe that it should allow private religious organizations and citizens to kill homosexuals?

-NoCapo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality