Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:33 PM

112 posts, read 92,832 times

Advertisements

Faith leaders: Exempt religious groups from order barring LGBT bias in hiring - The Washington Post

And the slippery slope has started already. Fantastic, what's next? Should I, as a non believer, be able to discriminate against the religious? No mental care? No health care for unwed mothers? Where should it stop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 07:25 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,527,370 times
Personally, this is what happens when Faith-based groups and the Government drink from the same well. One of the hundred or so White House "faith based" organizations World Vision already passed then reversed LGBT protections when donors squawked. They're trying to have their cake and eat it to.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:02 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisblues1986 View Post
Where should it stop?
That is up to the courts.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
social conduct has always been an employer measure for hiring. you can be what you want to be in your own personal life (as long as you stay off facebook LOL) but if you come in acting and dressing like a clown to the interview expect not to get hired. he is running a business not a circus show.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:28 PM

112 posts, read 92,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
social conduct has always been an employer measure for hiring. you can be what you want to be in your own personal life (as long as you stay off facebook LOL) but if you come in acting and dressing like a clown to the interview expect not to get hired. he is running a business not a circus show.
What in the world are you talking about? The thread is about discriminating against the lgbt community, just because someone is gay doesn't make them a clown right?

Old 07-02-2014, 09:23 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
So you don't have an opinion? Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the OP say where SHOULD it stop? Sounds like you have faith in the courts, but they have proved that the conservatives on the court aren't after what is best for the country, but best for their own agendas. The slippery slope has indeed started memphisblues, and the religious nuts won't stop until they can discriminate against everyone they please. If many more of these ridiculous things happen, I will stop looking for places to live here in America, and go somewhere with less nut jobs trying to force their religion into everyone's lives. While I'm here, since when has birth control or hiring gays been a no-no according to the bible?

Last edited by june 7th; 07-03-2014 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: Insulting comments within posts are deleted.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:23 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
No, I think it's up to The People who set up an fund those courts.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:25 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Opposing immoraity is not discrimination. It is the right thing to do.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:28 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I think religions are immoral. Scratch that, I know in my heart and have deep endless faith that they are immoral.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:48 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Are you at all familiar with an incident that took place in Nazi Germany in 1934 called The Night of the Long Knives?

As Hitler was rising in power, the SA (Brown Shirts) had to be reined in. They were becoming too powerful, too independent and too, dare I say it? Yeah, they became too ... entangled in homosexuality. Even the SA leader, Ernst Rohm, was a well-known homosexual.

So, over the period of about a month, Hitler had practically the entire SA leadership assassinated, including Ernst Rohm who was a personal friend of Hitler.

Now, the purpose here isn't to compare fundy Christianity with Naziism but to warn you of the dangers of fascism and intolerance.

For, you see, those SA leaders were often screaming 'Heil Hitler' and giving the Nazi salute even as they died.

Those men who were assassinated, they thought they were safe. They thought they had chosen the right side by embracing fascism, wearing the swastika, joining the Nazi party, and swearing fealty to Hitler. But they were killed anyway.

That should be a lesson to Christians who think they're on the "right" side of morality by supporting religious fascism. The problem with fascism is that it can turn on you like a viper - sooner or later, someone you actually care about, perhaps even yourself, will eventually be affected by this vicious campaign of hate you have going on. That which you now so vociferously support just might be your undoing somehow, not by the actions of atheists but by the intolerance and hatred of your own Christian brethren because -you- didn't pass the purity test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality