Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 07:56 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Well the problem is ultimately the message of God and His message of salvation is not received by the public at large. I just got cited here on City Data for speaking my opinion regarding Homosexuality's deviant behavior stating I was trolling and off topic, which I wasn't. Regardless of which, any mention of God or salvation through Jesus Christ ultimately cuts to the very heart and soul of Man.. especially if they are not right with God. And they don't like to feel guilty.. Which is why ultimately someone that follows Jesus Christ will be alienated from old friends.. just your presence makes people feel guilty.

I know because I spent most of my life as lost as can be and that's how I was. Shine the light and the cockroaches who love the darkness scatter.
The reason proselytizing isn't received well here is because most of us have heard it all before and we won't just let you make your assertions without some type of evidence to back up what you say. We aren't a captive audience of children open to believing whatever we are told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 08:47 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Wow. 99% of your posts are well thought out and, even tho I disagree I respect what you have to say.

With that said, you are wrong on this one. This place is absolute rubbish for evangelizing one's views. You can share, but nobody cares. Too many crackpots and fools spout their POVs. My faith has been made stronger thanks to the disinformation posted here and elsewhere.
My guess is that it is absolute rubbish to evangelize here because your views are challenged. You said it yourself - too many "crackpots" and "fools" spout their POVs.

Just one more example of the inherently fascistic state of religious belief. You want to be able to spread your religion without having to answer for the things you say - and then you call those with dissenting opinions "crackpots" and "fools."

This is really the only reason why Christianity and Islam became such mass movements. Dissenting opinions, even dissenting beliefs, were unilaterally crushed by law and by violence - often by both simultaneously.

And this is precisely why so many of the Christian posters here have taken issue with atheists even posting in the "Religion and Spirituality" forum - they want the ability to fill up everyone's head with ancient superstitions without the inconvenience of scientific atheists pointing out the flaws.

Disinformation ... LOL!

At any rate, this is the perfect place to proselytize - to some degree - because IF you manage to convert someone, you'll know you did it with a persuasive argument and NOT because you were surrounded by people who wanted to believe anyway and just needed a tiny little nudge.

In addition, churches are protected; ministers there can preach just about anything they want without any real fear of consequence or legal action, and they can do it without anyone contradicting them. Scientists and atheists do not have a church where we are free of dissenting opinions and religious fruit loops trying (unsuccessfully) to poke holes in vetted knowledge.

You claim that your faith has been strenghtened by what you laughably call "disinformation" yet you wish to cower in an echo chamber where you can be unchallenged - which sounds to me like even you feel that your faith-based arguments are not strong enough to stand side by side with science and atheism while still being effective. No, instead, you need to proselytize in isolation - which, by the way, is precisely the way many dictators brainwash their citizens. Places like North Korea spend considerable resources keeping information about the rest of the world from entering the country. Religious home schoolers do the same thing. Isolation - so that by the time the kids hear a dissenting viewpoint, it's already too late.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:58 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Which is why ultimately someone that follows Jesus Christ will be alienated from old friends.. just your presence makes people feel guilty.
If you share the views you have in real life as you do here, I have a suspicion that guilt isn't the reason

Old 07-15-2014, 06:52 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hmm, sounds famously familiar, like the story of a band we all know. Except that they eventually decided that they COULD go forward and have their band and still keep their faith, and they have, in the opinion of many, and some have claimed to have found God through their music. Others--well, they just aren't quite Christian enough in the eyes of some people. In the end, only God knows everyone's hearts.

Anyone can reason within they can do both--serve God and a rock band lifestyle--- they reason falsely--Gods word warns all--each is in possession of a desperate and treacherous heart----- means false reasonings can easily be believed as truth.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You weren't wicked, only a bad person because of your theft. The other activities you mentioned are undertaken by even good people. One needn't convert to mythical religious beliefs to change one's lifestyle and be a decent person. If you believe in the Abrahamic God's kingdom, I have no belief that I'll be there nor any desire to.

If you believe Gods word--1Cor 6:9-11,Galations 5:19-21---teaches those who do these things--Will NOT enter Gods kingdom( be saved) in both places--God listed liars along with murderers in revelation and calls them cowards. No good people in Gods eyes do the things I mentioned. Those who fail to listen to and apply Jesus' truths accomplish those deeds.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:44 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
If you believe Gods word--1Cor 6:9-11,Galations 5:19-21---teaches those who do these things--Will NOT enter Gods kingdom( be saved) in both places--God listed liars along with murderers in revelation and calls them cowards. No good people in Gods eyes do the things I mentioned. Those who fail to listen to and apply Jesus' truths accomplish those deeds.
"selling drugs, stealing, fornicating, drunkenness"

You think you have to do those things in order to play music???

Old 07-15-2014, 08:44 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post

Christians have had a beef with rock 'n roll since Elvis dared to shake his hips.

Whether you're Black Sabbath or Toto, it doesn't make any difference. Rock music is bad. Period. Even if you sing about God.

Thus we still have morons in this country having their merry little bonfires, reminiscent of another fascistic organization, where they burn CDs of rock bands and completely ignore gangsta rap musicians who openly sing about murdering cops, raping women, greed and avarice, running with gangs, reverse racism, and beating the snot out of rivals.

Rock bands usually just sing about having a good time on Saturday night.

Shows you where their priorities are - instead of where they ought to be.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:17 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
That's quite ironic since the OT God is guilty of ordering murder, condoning slavery and could be considered a coward himself.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:35 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Christians have had a beef with rock 'n roll since Elvis dared to shake his hips.

Whether you're Black Sabbath or Toto, i. doesn't make any difference. Rock music is bad. Period. Even if you sing about God.

Thus we still have morons in this country having their merry little bonfires, reminiscent of another fascistic organization, where they burn CDs of rock bands and completely ignore gangsta rap musicians who openly sing about murdering cops, raping women, greed and avarice, running with gangs, reverse racism, and beating the snot out of rivals.

Rock bands usually just sing about having a good time on Saturday night.

Shows you where their priorities are - instead of where they ought to be.
And I listen to the Classic Rock station here in NYC, on which, every week, they announce this fundraiser or that charity event run by the rockers.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post

Not at all--doing those things come from not knowing light--when one resides in darkness they accomplish things like that.
If 100 beautiful women were throwing themselves at me at every show or anywhere---it would be very hard to keep saying no--afterall the flesh is weak--sex has been the majorities downfall from God. Even the angels.
As Gods word teaches--of what benefit is it to those that gain the whole world but lose their eternal life in Gods kingdom? Nothing is worth risking eternal life in Gods kingdom-----
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality