Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:45 PM

98 posts, read 273,177 times

Advertisements

O.K. I know a lot of people just can't accept the idea of some people, that have been truly bad in life, might share heaven with such righteous people as themselves. I have a person in my family who acts as though, when all is said and done, it will be the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit and her in heaven and nobody else cause nobody else is good enough, or believes in Christ the exact same way she does. Well, if you feel this way this question is not for you.

Here is the question: If one good person asked God to save all the people who have ever lived, or will live, regardless of whether they accept Christ, would he? Would God answer his prayer and grant all souls entry into heaven?

I don't want to quote any scripture, or influence anyone's opinions or thoughts. I will just leave the question without my views on this matter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 07:58 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
God loves all of his children, for him there is no difference between the wicked and the righteous, in the end all will be saved by realizing what the self really is

Let's pray that the divine love of God awakens in the heart of all his children!!!

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM

Old 12-24-2007, 09:43 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
O.K. I know a lot of people just can't accept the idea of some people, that have been truly bad in life, might share heaven with such righteous people as themselves. I have a person in my family who acts as though, when all is said and done, it will be the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit and her in heaven and nobody else cause nobody else is good enough, or believes in Christ the exact same way she does. Well, if you feel this way this question is not for you.

Here is the question: If one good person asked God to save all the people who have ever lived, or will live, regardless of whether they accept Christ, would he? Would God answer his prayer and grant all souls entry into heaven?

I don't want to quote any scripture, or influence anyone's opinions or thoughts. I will just leave the question without my views on this matter!
Hi, a question to also ask might be is it God's will to save all people? I believe so because He will have/ desires all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth according 1 Timothy 2:3-4. Jesus died for all men and 1 John 5:14 says to believers that "And this is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him." God bless.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:56 AM

364 posts, read 766,005 times
No its person salvation is base on the accpeting of Jesus. There is a Big different from the wicked and just if you follow God like how the bible says not be any else religion borrowing from ours.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:50 AM

76 posts, read 172,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdblauvelt View Post

Ummm, your asking a question that includes terms and concepts like "God save", that come from new testament scripture. We wouldn't even have any knowledge about such things without that text. Why would the opinion of a random person who hadn't even been born when the new testament was written carry more weight than the very new testament that introduced those ideas, such as that of divine salvation..

If you really want to help save alot of souls support ministry efforts that do exactly that.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:06 AM

15 posts, read 37,642 times
Smile heaven

Heaven does not depend on accepting the 'christian' beliefs. If you love God and all His children You will go, trust me, and you will find Muslims there, Jews, but not all christians. peace and love this xmas season

Old 12-25-2007, 08:36 PM

98 posts, read 273,177 times
Christ said that if you believe in him you are save. He also said that the way people would know you believe in him is "If you have love one for another" if you have, and show love for your fellow man then you believe in him. He also said that "anything you ask in my name that will I do" So as a believer in Christ, as a person with full faith in him, his promises, his words, if I, or any other such believer would ask God to save all the people in the entirety of existence why wouldn't he do as he promised and "do as I have asked". That is the question!

Old 12-25-2007, 09:24 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdblauvelt View Post
Christ said that if you believe in him you are save. He also said that the way people would know you believe in him is "If you have love one for another" if you have, and show love for your fellow man then you believe in him. He also said that "anything you ask in my name that will I do" So as a believer in Christ, as a person with full faith in him, his promises, his words, if I, or any other such believer would ask God to save all the people in the entirety of existence why wouldn't he do as he promised and "do as I have asked". That is the question!
John 14:14 " Yes ask anything in my name and I will do it".

When Jesus says we can ask anything we must remember that our asking must be in His name, according to God's character and will and we cannot use His name as a magic formula to fulfill our desires. The closer we become to God the deeper our relationship grows and our prayers line up with His will. I do not believe all people will be saved because God gave us a free will and some people will reject Him and he honors our decision.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
When Jesus says we can ask anything we must remember that our asking must be in His name, according to God's character and will and we cannot use His name as a magic formula to fulfill our desires. The closer we become to God the deeper our relationship grows and our prayers line up with His will. I do not believe all people will be saved because God gave us a free will and some people will reject Him and he honors our decision.
Hi, ILNC, I believe that it is God's will for all people to be saved and that He is working towards this the fulfillment of this desire. He will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth according 1 Timothy 2:1-6. This is His desire. If it is His desire how is it that our will (those believers who might have this will) on this would not be lined up with His will? It is not just a want to fulfull our desires because this is His desire. How can someone who is said to be blinded and held captive able to make an informed decision about God? If God honors the decision to reject Him how is it that will all eventually be subjected to Him? Thanks for sharing and God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-25-2007 at 10:29 PM..

Old 12-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Here is the question: If one good person asked God to save all the people who have ever lived, or will live, regardless of whether they accept Christ, would he?
Hi I believe that all will come to a knowledge of the truth, confess and acknowledge Christ and will accept Him as Savior so this would be the prayer. Jesus is the only Way to the Father according to Christian scriptures. He died for our sins. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-25-2007 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality