Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:05 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,429,866 times

Advertisements

Thats a "no" then to the request to present your evidence I take it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 09:10 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,935,673 times
I would suppose that even if the cancer were removed from your own body , you would not attribute that to God's healing even though you were being prayed for.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:11 AM

Not without good reason I would not. Unexplained remission in cancer is not all that uncommon - and it is just that - unexplained.

You are playing the "god of the gaps". We can not explain it - thefore you just attribute it to "god".

I do not play "god of the gaps" games - so your trickery will not work on me.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:12 AM

Am I correct ?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:12 AM

I just answered that post. I am not answering it again.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:13 AM

You answered the question ,
no matter what's shown you you choose not to believe.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:15 AM

That is not what I said at all. Not even close.

You can keep your straw man misrepresentations to yourself thanks. If you wish to reply to what I wrote - I am here - but if you want to reply to something you just made up that I never said - I have no time for you.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:28 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,328,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
You answered the question ,
no matter what's shown you you choose not to believe.
This is a classic Christian dodge.

It's the age old, "You wouldn't believe me even if I did give you evidence, so I'm not going to give you any" argument.

Loosely translated, it simply means, "There is no verifiable evidence so I'll pretend like the evidence is a classified secret and keep my cards glued to my chest."

Oh, and has anyone other than me noticed that God seems to be a really good solver of first world problems?

Need a cavity filled? Here ya go ... glad I could save you some money.

Can't find your car keys? Right here they are. Wouldn't want you to be late for work.

Need some cash right down to a specific dollar amount? No problem ... it'll show up in your account by the end of the day.

Oh ... uh ... you would like some food for your starving village? Well, no ... sorry, I can't help you with that.

Huh? You want divine intervention with the Holocaust? Sorry, that's not my department.

And end to the fighting in Gaza? Who do I look like, Jimmy Carter?

Ah, you're an American lawyer driving a Beamer and want to survive any possible car wrecks? You got it!

No, I'm afraid I can't protect that bus filled with kids in Venezuela that might plunge over a cliff tomorrow. Can't do it.

Why yes, I will certainly make sure your son's high school football team wins tonight. But, while it's nice that you also included prayers for that Malaysian jetliner with 298 people on board, I'm afraid I have to let it be shot down. My service area doesn't cover Malaysia or the Ukraine.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:37 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
This is a classic Christian dodge.

It's the age old, "You wouldn't believe me even if I did give you evidence, so I'm not going to give you any" argument.

Loosely translated, it simply means, "There is no verifiable evidence so I'll pretend like the evidence is a classified secret and keep my cards glued to my chest."

Oh, and has anyone other than me noticed that God seems to be a really good solver of first world problems?

Need a cavity filled? Here ya go ... glad I could save you some money.

Can't find your car keys? Right here they are. Wouldn't want you to be late for work.

Need some cash right down to a specific dollar amount? No problem ... it'll show up in your account by the end of the day.

Oh ... uh ... you would like some food for your starving village? Well, no ... sorry, I can't help you with that.

Huh? You want divine intervention with the Holocaust? Sorry, that's not my department.

And end to the fighting in Gaza? Who do I look like, Jimmy Carter?

Ah, you're an American lawyer driving a Beamer and want to survive any possible car wrecks? You got it!

No, I'm afraid I can't protect that bus filled with kids in Venezuela that might plunge over a cliff tomorrow. Can't do it.

Why yes, I will certainly make sure your son's high school football team wins tonight. But, while it's nice that you also included prayers for that Malaysian jetliner with 298 people on board, I'm afraid I have to let it be shot down. My service area doesn't cover Malaysia or the Ukraine.
That's the cue for "God works in mysterious ways."

Old 07-21-2014, 11:06 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,698,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That's the cue for "God works in mysterious ways."
Or, "Who are we to question God?" Or, "We are not supposed to know the mind of God."

It all gets so predictable at a point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality