Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:35 PM

275 posts, read 686,965 times

Advertisements

I was raised in a strict Christian family from the beginning of my time . The book called the bible has always had countless questions that gave me no answers. Such questions as the Noah's Ark flood, the wife of cain?, Samson single handedly defeated 3000 soldiers with a jaw of an ass? and they many more fairy tales and contradictions that put a nail to the coffin disproving the bible is just a mythology just like any other religion.

The bible is a revised ancient philosophy of Greek and Egyptian religions and also the Genesis 1-25 has similarities to other earlier religions such as Zoroastrian and other creation myth that are all over the world religions on a global scale reference see; Creation myth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Personally i never had the intention of leaving Christianity despite the confusions, i neglected these facts that surrounded me and tormented me at the same time. I have made a fool of myself by defending a theory that has no logic but fallacies. Christianity made me a narrow minded person, it is not smart to conclude that the dinosaurs, mammoth and sober tooth tigers bones where laid underneath the earth for God's purpose to test our faith . It is logical to point out that there was an earlier primitive life that was proceeded by a more intelligent life form, than to come up with a non fundamental mythical reason hmmm

Today i can put a smile on my face to know the truth, we are brought up through a social psychological state of mind. We are influenced by what surrounds us than what is in stored within us. I expect better from us, as we all know the world would be a far much better place without religion. Religion is the worst thing that ever happened to man, from being sexist, to barbaric morals that led to the crusaders who murdered millions in the name of religion. Women in the Islamic world are still oppressed, why should a women cover her whole face only exposing the eyes, what happened to the equal rights and the expression of women as being the beauty of nature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 12:45 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
I remember when I was a teenager and more into church...

... the first question I would ask myself when meeting a new person was if they were the same faith as me.

I realized pretty quickly that I didn't want to catagorize people like that. After that, the other manipulations and religious cultural conditioning slowly became all to clear.

Sure, most religions preach a lot of good things, but they come at a cost. If you can take those basic good things AND free yourself from religious bondage perpetuated by the institution, you become a wiser, more complete person.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:17 PM

Absolutely but on a religious scale I will be counted as rebellious since MEN said the bible is a literal word of God. I see man in charge of the moral laws not God, believing is seeing but hearsay is a mystery. I now declare myself a Deist.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:46 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,001,661 times
When you buy into a religion that believe they ALONE know the REAL god or the only pure interpretation of him/her/it then they will inevitably believe they have the ONLY path to that god and after this delusional realization, it does not get any prettier.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:22 PM

457 posts, read 756,665 times
{True story}
I was raised catholic. The first time I ever felt brave enough (9yrs old) to approach a priest I wanted him to bless a rosary my grandmother gave me. When I walked over to him (this was in a catholic school at the end of a class) and asked if he would bless the rosary he slammed his bible down on his desk and snatched the rosary out of my hand and gave it a good hellish blessing. Then he looked at me as if I were the devil and stormed off.
I was beyond shocked, I didn’t know if he blessed my rosary or condemned it to hell. I remember thinking, “you would think a man like a priest who is supposed to represent God would be a little bit nicer”.
I can see where some folks could become narrow minded in this faith.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:37 PM

970 posts, read 1,699,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
Personally i never had the intention of leaving Christianity despite the confusions, i neglected these facts that surrounded me and tormented me at the same time. I have made a fool of myself by defending a theory that has no logic but fallacies. Christianity made me a narrow minded person, it is not smart to conclude that the dinosaurs, mammoth and sober tooth tigers bones where laid underneath the earth for God's purpose to test our faith . It is logical to point out that there was an earlier primitive life that was proceeded by a more intelligent life form, than to come up with a non fundamental mythical reason hmmm
I knew your username was familiar. You could say there's a fossil record of your evolution . And that was less than a year ago too. I wouldn't have guessed. Very glad for you, of course.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:53 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,001,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
This is GREAT! As a former Christian myself (8 or so years ago), I LOVE to hear stories of how and what caused individuals to finally "see the light," so to speak. I would LOVE to hear your story and you can also share it here:

Ex-Christian.Net.

Just click on "testimonials" near the top and add you story. Of course, there is a group of people on here who will tell you were never a True Christian™.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
This is GREAT! As a former Christian myself (8 or so years ago), I LOVE to hear stories of how and what caused individuals to finally "see the light," so to speak. I would LOVE to hear your story and you can also share it here:

Ex-Christian.Net.

Just click on "testimonials" near the top and add you story. Of course, there is a group of people on here who will tell you were never a True Christian™.
Well Ghandi who was never a Christian has stated his opinion on Christianity:

I like your Christ, but I do not like Christians so much, because they are so unlike him”......Ghandi

Old 01-20-2010, 11:40 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,136 times
You made yourself small-it is a poor workman who blames his tools

Old 01-21-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
I knew your username was familiar. You could say there's a fossil record of your evolution . And that was less than a year ago too. I wouldn't have guessed. Very glad for you, of course.

What a journey it has been, a year older, wiser and smarter proving i have evolved and still evolving and looking back to that old post also proves how narrow minded i was, life is phenomenon a great learning centre

Last edited by jackdonekings; 01-21-2010 at 04:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality