Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:23 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I respectfully disagree. There is something called free will. We all have it, and we all use it. There is also something called sin. We all sin, plain and simple. The devil does not have the ability to be in all places at the same time. We are responsible for the wars, we are responsible for the bad things in this world. Yes, the devil exists. But to lay all the blame on him is not correct. We will be held accountable for everything we did and said.

And, I like best what ptsum said. "I'd invite him in for dinner". I agree. But do remember that it does say "ask and you will receive". And we're not talking lottery numbers or a new car. You want that kinda stuff go talk to the devil...I betcha' he'll help you out there.
Very true, in the Garden, Eve tried to blame the serpent, Adam tried to blame Eve, but God dealt with each one individually. It's easy to try to blame someone or something for our sins but God knows the truth and He holds each one of us responsible for what we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 07:40 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara^bess View Post
Just a thought....but why doesn't anyone think they can't ask Him their questions now?
Because it would be off topic.

The OP asked;
Quote:
Here's the deal, Jesus has agreed to appear in this day and age and answer three questions for you....
So as he hasn't shown up yet......

Old 01-10-2008, 11:08 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
Well, Im not saying this is the answer, but I think i remember hearing this in bible study or somewhere, I think that our world here is meant to be far from perfect. God made humans imperfect and there is sin in the world (adam and eve), therefore an imperfect world. That is why we must work to get to heaven, where things are perfect.

Not so much about perfection, as it is about pain.
The pain isn't worth it.
Why does this God need us to suffer to get something good? Not everyone suffers equally, nor do the people who lie, cheat, or steal, get punished.

Why does this God need people to suffer? That is sadistic.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:09 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Just a thought....but why doesn't anyone think they can't ask Him their questions now?

Can't see, hear, touch, any God is why.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:28 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I wouldn't ask a question, I would merely invite him to my table and share a meal with him, nothing more would be necessary.
Excellent! Perhaps if we were quiet, and just simply listened to him, (instead of listening to everyone else), he could answer our questions, without a word being said by us. We spend so much time wagging our tongues, that we can't hear anything. I think we could learn a great deal just sitting at the kitchen table with him, (much more intimate than a dinning room).

Old 01-11-2008, 03:56 PM

22,138 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Yes, I can and do ask the questions regularly, but the difference is if Jesus is in person then I get the answer directly from Jesus and I trust that Jesus is a credible source. I do not trust other people places and organizations who claim to be speaking for Jesus now.

So the opening post then becomes more succinctly, "If you could have Jesus answer for you any 3 questions what would you ask?"

Old 01-11-2008, 03:59 PM

22,138 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Excellent! Perhaps if we were quiet, and just simply listened to him, (instead of listening to everyone else), he could answer our questions, without a word being said by us. We spend so much time wagging our tongues, that we can't hear anything.
so true! I like reminding myself that I was given 2 ears and 1 mouth therefore I should do waaaaaaaay more listening than speaking.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:16 PM

66 posts, read 185,557 times
1. Does the Christianity of today at all resemble what you wanted it to be?

2. How much of the bible is true and how much is guff?

3. Did you love Christopher Moore's book "Lamb" as much as I did?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 PM

66 posts, read 185,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by googie View Post
1. Does the Christianity of today at all resemble what you wanted it to be?

2. How much of the bible is true and how much is guff?

3. Did you love Christopher Moore's book "Lamb" as much as I did?
This is goofy, but I don't like the way I used the term "guff," (I realize too late to edit ) so I amend my second question to:
2. What do you think about the bible being taken literally?

Sorry about that, even though I don't take the bible literally I don't want to offend those that do.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,479 times
Is Life everlasting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality