Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 08:31 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Well you know what they say, if it walks like a duck, if it talks like a duck............
Some people have a habit of looking without seeing, and listening without hearing.
I challenge you...Show me where you've ever seen anything religious from me...beyond acknowledging its great power and influence and various assessments of it.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Of course, I'm reading blowhole spew about determinations of me being "sick" for having the opinion and suppositions I stated.
But you STILL have not given me your objective basis for your determination that I am "one sick puppy". You simply stated you thought I was...then mikebnllnb chimed in...and then you again. Funny though...you have both avoided proffering an answer to my question.
So, AGAIN...What is the objective basis for the determination that I am "a sick puppy" based upon what I posted? Ya got an answer? You gonna back your statements, or is all you two have are your childish & ignorant insults?
I don't need an "objective basis" to assess when someone is being an abhorrent moron.

All I need is common sense, ethics, and the ability to read prose, however poorly and crudely constructed.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You have managed to outdo yourself with this....... supposition.
Thanx.
But you'd be surprised...I'm probably more "on the money" than you think. People don't typically mime sex acts they are not into. Especially adolescents in front of their friends and on social media. And at that age they are obsessed with sex.
It was a response to those that were going off about that he would be a "sodomy rape" victim if he was sent to detention. I was pointing out that you can't rape the willing.

If I was prosecuted for mimicking a sex act with a statue of Mary, and they sent me to a jail full of young horny girls...you wouldn't have to worry about me suffering and being traumatized from them "forcing" themselves on me.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Thanx.
That wasn't a compliment.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
That wasn't a compliment.

I didn't think it was. But it confirmed that I had accomplished my goal. I thanked you for the validation.
NOW...do you have a rebuttal beyond backhanded insults?
I stated my opinion...this is a debate forum. Do you have anything to add except some weak ad hom?

Old 09-15-2014, 09:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
NOW...do you have a rebuttal
To your..... suppositions? Anything I'd say would be a comment, not a rebuttal. It would also drag this thread into the weeds, get me a lengthy time-out and make the mods work very hard. (Since being a mod is a volunteer position I try my best to not make a difficult task any harder than it needs to be.)

Old 09-15-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
To your..... suppositions? Anything I'd say would be a comment, not a rebuttal. It would also drag this thread into the weeds, get me a lengthy time-out and make the mods work very hard. (Since being a mod is a volunteer position I try my best to not make a difficult task any harder than it needs to be.)
Noted.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:29 PM

888 posts, read 454,498 times
Forced sex is rape, regardless of the gender(s) and the particular sex act. I'd say the majority of people prefer to have sex with someone they know. Although people do choose to have sex with stranger and pay for sex, there is usually a level of privacy and anonymity involved that is not available to those who are incarcerated.

Whether or not one considers the jokes about oral copulation and sodomy in poor taste, the fact remains that they are a form of rape in the prison population. They serve to dehumanize, which only makes it harder for rehabilitation to occur. I don't mind discussing these issues, but could do without the jokes when we are discussing a 14-year-old child.

We know nothing of his preferences with respect to his sexuality, which others have pointed out. There are so many possibilities for why he did what he did that have nothing to do with his own preferences. I don't think it's any of our business to speculate on them.

Yes, he did something stupid. He's not the first and won't be the last. I don't think he will serve any time, which is appropriate. I certainly hope that's the case.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:00 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedPeach View Post
Forced sex is rape, regardless of the gender(s) and the particular sex act. I'd say the majority of people prefer to have sex with someone they know. Although people do choose to have sex with stranger and pay for sex, there is usually a level of privacy and anonymity involved that is not available to those who are incarcerated.

Whether or not one considers the jokes about oral copulation and sodomy in poor taste, the fact remains that they are a form of rape in the prison population. They serve to dehumanize, which only makes it harder for rehabilitation to occur. I don't mind discussing these issues, but could do without the jokes when we are discussing a 14-year-old child.

We know nothing of his preferences with respect to his sexuality, which others have pointed out. There are so many possibilities for why he did what he did that have nothing to do with his own preferences. I don't think it's any of our business to speculate on them.

Yes, he did something stupid. He's not the first and won't be the last. I don't think he will serve any time, which is appropriate. I certainly hope that's the case.

He should not even be prosecuted.

We have an overzealous fundy DA who is pursuing this. What a waste of money!

Old 09-16-2014, 12:47 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
[/b]

He should not even be prosecuted.

We have an overzealous fundy DA who is pursuing this. What a waste of money!
The DA is really a mess isn't he? Having sex with a women (not his wife) in his courthouse office isn't a crime, but posing with chuck of concrete is. Not deflection at all...nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality