Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 10:01 AM

44 posts, read 31,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
And I'm sure you're going to explain how atheism is a "fallacy" ... right?
Why atheists do not believe in god's existence? Two reasons:

1) They do not see him.
2) They understand that christian doctrine is illogical and irrational.

Let's look at these reasons.

1) We indeed do not see him. But. There is such principle in intelligence service - if dubious information comes in from many different detached sources this information is accepted as true. This principle should be applied in our case.

2) Really, official god's explanation about what is going on is rubbish. But now assume that god is liar and everything stands on its place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 AM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraspy View Post
There is such principle in intelligence service - if dubious information comes in from many different detached sources this information is accepted as true. This principle should be applied in our case.
I believe you're referring to the concept of "chatter" and unverified sources. These are accepted as indicators of relative probability but not as "truth". Where there's smoke there's more likely to be fire, but that does not mean you sound the fire alarms and dispatch fire trucks. It means you concentrate your intelligence resources in an attempt to verify the existence of any actual fire. Not that you assume fire. Perhaps, if the cost of addressing a potential but unverified threat is low, you might even deploy resources to preempt the threat, out of an abundance of caution. But that's about it.

Besides, a personal god who desires to be known and worshipped, would not be obtuse nor coy, he would put himself fully in the open for all to undeniably experience. Gods who are invisible and ineffable are convenient for those who want to make empty promises and control others, but not credible in and of themselves.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I believe you're referring to the concept of "chatter" and unverified sources. These are accepted as indicators of relative probability but not as "truth". Where there's smoke there's more likely to be fire, but that does not mean you sound the fire alarms and dispatch fire trucks. It means you concentrate your intelligence resources in an attempt to verify the existence of any actual fire. Not that you assume fire. Perhaps, if the cost of addressing a potential but unverified threat is low, you might even deploy resources to preempt the threat, out of an abundance of caution. But that's about it.

Besides, a personal god who desires to be known and worshipped, would not be obtuse nor coy, he would put himself fully in the open for all to undeniably experience. Gods who are invisible and ineffable are convenient for those who want to make empty promises and control others, but not credible in and of themselves.
You consider human body is result of evolution?

Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Of course. So does nearly every educated person on the planet.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:04 AM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
An irrelevant question designed to move quickly away from addressing my actual points.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
An irrelevant question designed to move quickly away from addressing my actual points.
On contrary, most relevant. Human body (for example) could not selfconstruct. Considering so is not less fool than christians' godloving. So, what is your first point from which you begin way?

Old 09-30-2014, 09:12 AM

225 posts, read 161,907 times
Quote:
=Kraspy;36543395]Religion doctrine teaches people are being sent on earth to pass test: if person behaves well he will be sent to paradise, otherwise - to hell. Ok, but then each person must have one yet option - to refuse from passing of test. I.e. each person must have opportunity to come to god and to say:
- I refuse from your test. Send me back to unbeing.
And god must answer:
- Ok, no problem. It is your indefeasible right.
And immediately to send person to unbeing. Question: how I can implement my indefeasible right?
If mortal man can dictate to our immortal God, perhaps.

But that is NOT the reason man exist.

Man is Created in the Image and likeness of God. HOW?

John 4:23-24 tells us that God is Spirit and Truth [an invisible reality]

Man exist for God's possible glorification.

Isaiah 43: verses 7 & 21

[7] And every one that calleth upon my name, I have created him for my glory, I have formed him, and made him. ...& 21] This people have I formed for myself, they shall shew forth my praise."

So HOW does mortal man emulate our Spiritual Immortal God? And why is it important to know?

Genesis 3:19 "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread till thou return to the earth, out of which thou wast taken: for dust thou art, and into dust thou shalt return"

So if {and we will!} man' returns to his origins upon death; what then remains to meet God in Judgment?

Matthew 12:36 "But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall render an account for it in the day of judgment."

Matthew 23:33 "You serpents, generation of vipers, how will you flee from the judgment of hell?"

John 5:29 "And they that have done good things, shall come forth unto the resurrection of life; but they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment."

Heaven; Purgatory {yes it IS in the Bible} and Hell ARE a;; Real! take your pick!

Man emulates God in our second spiritual nature: Our Souls like God are immortal, and our minds, intellects and freewill are permanently attached to our Souls. So it is the Spiritual reality of man that meets god and is Judged on all that we do our ought to do and didn't.

So man never ceases to exist and the OPQ is founded on a lack of understanding.

God Bless you,
Patrick
IamACatholic

Old 09-30-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamACatholic View Post
If mortal man can dictate to our immortal God, perhaps.

But that is NOT the reason man exist.

Man is Created in the Image and likeness of God. HOW?

Post #20, post #28, post #56.

How I wish to meet normal adequate sane interlocutors but where to find them? :-(((((

Old 10-13-2014, 12:29 AM

You know who did 9/11? God knows. But he will not say you. Because if god immediately disclosed crimes nobody would perform them. So obvious. But not for religionists.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:30 AM

All of you saw film "Rainman" about autistic who had phenomenal aptitudes in counting and memory but was completely disabled in simplest things.

On example of this man we can good see one of god's paramount instruments by which he manipulates entities and retains his Artificial System of Evil - Selective Intelligence. SI is what that causes entities to commit irrational, stupid, disgraceful, wicked actions. SI is what that causes all. SI is what that causes people on this forum not to understand each other.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality