Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 03:47 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times

Advertisements

Making the title of the thread How to destroy atheism without beheading anyone implies that beheadings have destroyed Atheists in the past. Although you said nothing about that in the post itself, choosing that title MUST have had some significance. What historical evidence do you have that beheadings were used to try to eliminate Atheism? Which pious religious order did that?

Old 10-05-2014, 03:52 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimaniac View Post
Will atheism be destroyed if there won't be any atheists in the world?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I suppose that might work... so I suppose you've given up on the use of "logic" in favor of beheadings, burning at the stake all the old school methods...
Dimaniac does have a point here. If there aren't any atheists, then atheism would be destroyed. That covers pretty much everything though. If there aren't any christians/Hindus/taoists, christianity/Hinduism/Taoism would be destroyed.

Of course, this point is so blindingly obvious and meaningless I am not sure why s/he bothered to post it.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:11 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
So.....the idea that the creators of life (parents) initiate a sequence that ends in death for the immeidate product of their creation is supposed to keep atheists from procreation?

I have to ask, because it is hard for me to believe that I am understanding the OP correctly.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:33 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
What this says is that you have to believe that god has murdered everyone who has ever lived and everyone who will ever live. If god created life then god is responsible for giving someone life and, given the fact death is the end of life, that means god has the blood of billions on his hands. I'd say the sort of reasoning you're advocating really just destroys the idea that god is an entity of love. Killing billions of people seems to be an indicator of a genocidal maniacal sociopath. Nothing in this thread destroys my atheism. It only further confirms that my conclusions make sense.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:47 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Hello, everyone. Creationist here. Sorry for my English.
So I caused MASSIVE butthurt on local atheist forums with this:
Life leads to death. Conception leads to life. Parents are responsible for conception. Therefore parents are killers(murderers? same word in my native language) of their biological children.
Enjoy!
All you are causing for me is confusion about what the 'cute' thing about parents starting the death sequence even has to do with atheism much less destroying it.
As far as I know, this life to death thing is exactly the same for believers of one religion or another.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:53 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Hello, everyone. Creationist here. Sorry for my English.
So I caused MASSIVE butthurt on local atheist forums with this:
Life leads to death. Conception leads to life. Parents are responsible for conception. Therefore parents are killers(murderers? same word in my native language) of their biological children.
Enjoy!
Even if I was to accept your premise, why does it matter?

Old 10-05-2014, 06:43 PM

11 posts, read 12,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So.....the idea that the creators of life (parents) initiate a sequence that ends in death for the immeidate product of their creation is supposed to keep atheists from procreation?

I have to ask, because it is hard for me to believe that I am understanding the OP correctly.
Do you care about your children?

Old 10-05-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
All you are causing for me is confusion about what the 'cute' thing about parents starting the death sequence even has to do with atheism much less destroying it.
As far as I know, this life to death thing is exactly the same for believers of one religion or another.
No, believers have afterlife

Old 10-05-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
What this says is that you have to believe that god has murdered everyone who has ever lived and everyone who will ever live. If god created life then god is responsible for giving someone life and, given the fact death is the end of life, that means god has the blood of billions on his hands. I'd say the sort of reasoning you're advocating really just destroys the idea that god is an entity of love. Killing billions of people seems to be an indicator of a genocidal maniacal sociopath. Nothing in this thread destroys my atheism. It only further confirms that my conclusions make sense.
You forgot about afterlife

Old 10-05-2014, 07:40 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Thread closed pending Moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality