Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:44 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,532,554 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone, I have not been posting much the past couple of days, because there just seems to be too much discussion on a subject that has been discussed to death on this forum..I miss the uplifting posts of a thread that was started months ago and was brought back up now and then when we felt we needed a "good feeling"..I miss the threads by Arguy, Alpha, Bud, Noland and many others who would quote a verse that we would respond to and enjoy good fellowship at the same time...I miss the threads that someone would start just because we needed a laugh..Somehow we managed to stay connected.

Now may the God of hope fill you with peace
in believing, that you may abound in hope by
the power of the Holy Spirit..Romans 15:13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 10:17 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,966,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Hi, everyone, I have not been posting much the past couple of days, because there just seems to be too much discussion on a subject that has been discussed to death on this forum..I miss the uplifting posts of a thread that was started months ago and was brought back up now and then when we felt we needed a "good feeling"..I miss the threads by Arguy, Alpha, Bud, Noland and many others who would quote a verse that we would respond to and enjoy good fellowship at the same time...I miss the threads that someone would start just because we needed a laugh..Somehow we managed to stay connected.

Now may the God of hope fill you with peace
in believing, that you may abound in hope by
the power of the Holy Spirit..Romans 15:13
Yes, an important point. It so easy to fall into negative positions, to let the worlds troubles weight on you, to worry and concern about all things, but this scripture really puts things into perspective.

Peace can be found and hope can thrive through the Holy Spirit, that through God's strength we can find that comfort of peace and contentment in even the most dire of times. Thank you, that was needed.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:53 AM

356 posts, read 1,129,862 times
I feel you Blue. Where did that pink bus go?

Old 01-05-2008, 10:53 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,076,635 times
Yes.. homosexuality topics have jumped the shark!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTbound View Post
I feel you Blue. Where did that pink bus go?
And the restaurant..I think we are in need of some good "vittles " How bout it bigthirsty?

Old 01-05-2008, 12:04 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,792,316 times
Hello, my dear friend! How about a joke? I accidentally stumbled on some very tacky Catholic jokes today when doing a search. However, I thought this one was cute. And since I'm Catholic, I figure it's allowed...

A very pushy and ambitious salesman is trying to get the salesman of the year
award. So he goes to the vatican and shoulders his way in to see the pope.
" Your holiness, I represent the brewing federation. we would like to offer
you a million pounds to change the lords prayer to give us our daily beer."
"Offering money to change the lords prayer indeed, be off with you!" replies
the pope.
" Okay then two million" retorts the salesman.
"How dare you suggest we change the words of our lord, get this man out of
my sight" shout the pope beckoning to the guards.
" As my final offer , Three million pounds" shouts the salesman as he is
dragged out the door. The pope then turns to the cardinal and says
" When does our contract with the bakery expire?"

Last edited by weatherologist; 01-05-2008 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-05-2008, 12:21 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,558,682 times
Thank you, Blue62!!!

Why are so many christian people so caught up in what other people do? If it ain't your life, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. Go sit in the corner and read your Bible! Vent vent.

Okay, time to share uplifting words.

Today I took a walk in the woods behind our property with my faithful canine companion Myla Rose.

As we walked deeper into the woods, it got quiet and peaceful. The rays of light shone down through the treetops and all was well. A covey of quail took off and one quail flew to the nearest tree top and I froze.

The quail and I had a good time frozen in time watching each other. In another time, my ancestors would say this moment shared was a good omen. I let my imagination run and felt this quail was talking to me, telling me good things which I will keep between us.

In my opinion, that is what life is about. A feeling of peace and tranquility, a oneness with God's creation which allows me to pray and heal and be thankful.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:38 PM

Ah, Redbird, this post and almost all of yours are in the light of peacefulness..I so agree that each of us needs to spend quality time alone with God..I also feel so close to Him among the beauty of nature he has given us..I see Him in everything that I love about the naturalness in the world..

Old 01-05-2008, 01:16 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,015,095 times
I agree. The gay topic has been discussed to death and nothing comes of it other than hurt feelings and/or bitterness. I understand that there is a need to try to get people to become more tolerant, but the more the topic is pushed, the less tolerant some people seem to become. I just don't like seeing people at odds over something there is no control over.

HEAVEN LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE DOWN!

Here's something a bit "upbeat"...This is probably the best rendition of this I have ever heard, and it ALWAYS lifts me up!

YouTube - Chris Tomlin - Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)

Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,015,095 times
Well, I guess we can tell which topics still rule the roost.

Kind of goes along with the scenario of people following an ambulance rather than a wedding party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality