U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 01:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 21,267,092 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm on a complaint "fast" for a few days! The Bible says in Phillipians 2:14 "Do all things without grumbling or disputing;..." NASB
I was reading something about a "complaint fast" in a completely secular ladies' mag yesterday (Ladies Home Journal) and actually, I feel convicted that I DO indeed complain and be negative too much! The article in the mag was talking about how in our country negativity has become almost "cool" but that's it's really not very pleasant to listen to!

Then, blue's thread this morning about needing something more positive confirmed some of my thinking about it. So I am on a "complaint fast," officially now. Anyone wanna join me?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 01:37 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,637,700 times
I am right there on the "Complaint fasting" boat with you, Kaykay!

There is so much negativity all around. Sometimes it seems impossible to be positive with so much negativity.

We need to get the rest of the world to fast with us!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:49 PM

13,636 posts, read 23,003,941 times
I'm with you girls..Is it okay if we throw all complainers in the water to cool em offWe could call it some sort of baptism..We need to come up with a name for this ritual

Old 01-05-2008, 02:04 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,323,833 times
i think it's great!
i would love to join you
but dont know if i can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, im am totally NOT attracted to complainers and whiners but also it seems natural and healthy to vent sometimes? but yes! i am with you! (at least for the next 10 mins!)

You know, i think we are encouraged to complain! the old "the customer is always right" thing?

I do try (i think?) to not complain but maybe sometimes it is needed so you wont be taken advantage of?

guess ya need to be more specific (or simple!) when it comes to getting nicolepsy to catch your drift.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:38 PM

7,893 posts, read 11,386,804 times
Default "To complain is to live"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post

Is it okay if we throw all complainers in the water to cool em offWe could call it some sort of baptism..We need to come up with a name for this ritual
...Used to be one of June's (psuedo) mantras, but hey! I have thus cast aside my complaining ways in favor of gentle thoughts and uplifting mindsets. Bring it on, and I'll even (maybe) get on board with the (psuedo?) baptism thing...

"Religion Forum Cleanser" Cools your complaints and does wonder for your skin!

Old 01-05-2008, 02:47 PM

can i ask something? i have had a couple of people read my post about joining the non complaining club and they have said it makes no sense.
i just reread it and i think it makes sense.
if it doesnt then can some of you ladies please let me know?
i promise that i wont think of you as complainers.
seriously.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
i think it's great!
i would love to join you
but dont know if i can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, im am totally NOT attracted to complainers and whiners but also it seems natural and healthy to vent sometimes? but yes! i am with you! (at least for the next 10 mins!)

You know, i think we are encouraged to complain! the old "the customer is always right" thing?

I do try (i think?) to not complain but maybe sometimes it is needed so you wont be taken advantage of?

guess ya need to be more specific (or simple!) when it comes to getting nicolepsy to catch your drift.
This is not the type of complaining I think is necessarily bad. I think the type of complaining I'm talking about would be more accurately described as just "non-productive grumbling!" Like after I posted this, I started to complain to my husband about how he always gets stains on his laundry that I have to pre-treat to get out! Then I caught myself and realized that would be "complaining."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
can i ask something? i have had a couple of people read my post about joining the non complaining club and they have said it makes no sense.
i just reread it and i think it makes sense.
if it doesnt then can some of you ladies please let me know?
i promise that i wont think of you as complainers.
seriously.
I think I understood it!

Old 01-05-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I'm with you girls..Is it okay if we throw all complainers in the water to cool em offWe could call it some sort of baptism..We need to come up with a name for this ritual
How about "positizing?"

Old 01-05-2008, 02:56 PM

thank you kaykay for your quick response! i was worried that i may be losing my mind and typing crazy things that no one understood like: hhdaoyyeah;70pahohlaha;hg!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
This is not the type of complaining I think is necessarily bad. I think the type of complaining I'm talking about would be more accurately described as just "non-productive grumbling!"

I think I understood it!

Old 01-05-2008, 03:05 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,637,700 times
Maybe we should start a thread for venting and complaining ONLY! Make it like a two day long thread and let everyone vent out all their bottled up frustration...THEN, THEN we can move forward! For some people, to just stop complaining COLD TURKEY may not be a good thing. LMBO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality