Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times

Advertisements

Some scientists now believe that homosexuality is nature's way of population control. Homosexual behavior exists in every animal species and studies show that homosexual behavior peak in over populated species. Population control is important because there has to be a balance in the food chain. Otherwise it would lead to extinction of many species. There are certain breeds of south american frogs that can change sex in a male/female dominated environment. In nature there is a reason and function for everything and that includes homosexuality among all animal species. God does not make mistakes. If all the gay people since the beginning of mankind were straight, the world may have 3 to 5 times as many people today. This planet would be overcrowded and humans would use more of the earth's resources due to population. That would lead to further extinctions and there would be more famine. The fact is that we need gay people for our survival. So to people who say its not natural, that might not entirely be true.

medical evidence that shows being gay isn't a choice.

What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7791888/...-straight-men/

In addition Scientists have discovered that a developing male inside a woman that is exposed to too many female hormones has a higher chance of being gay. Hormones do affect the development and structure of the brain.

Its very similar as to how our brain interprets the taste of food. One person may like carrots and another person may find carrots disgusting and can't figure out how people can like them. (one man may be attracted to another man. Another man may not be attracted to other men) Its not a matter of choice whether or not you like carrots.

Many use the bible to condemn homosexuals but its more like twisting scripture. No where in the Bible does Jesus condemn homosexuality. Why is that? Jesus does condemn liars, thieves and adulterers. Ironically our preachers spend more time condemning homosexuals than liars, thieves and adulterers. They talk about "protecting marriage" but all the talk is about gay marriage and nothing is said about divorce and other non traditional structures of the family. The book of Leviticus does say homosexuality is an abomination but so is eating shell fish. Leviticus also says its okay to own slaves. (Scripture in Leviticus was used to condone U.S. slavery in the 18th and 19th centuries) Not only was Leviticus written by MAN but the laws in Leviticus were created by MAN. Just like when the Catholic Church say its a sin to use a condom. I'm sure 2,000 years from people will be believing God said its a sin to wear condoms. The only "God laws" are the Ten Commandments and there is nothing about homosexuality in the Ten Commandments. You would think if it were this big great sin it would be in the Ten Commandments and the number one law. Christians already break one Ten Commandment in all the churches. Thou shall not worship graven images and thats exactly what the cross is. Religion is a double edge sword. It can enlighten people but at the same time it can lead people to blindly think in ignorance. In the end its not about the religion itself, its about your connection with God, your faith in him, where your heart is and your good deeds to others on earth. God loves EVERYONE and he expects us to do the same.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 10-28-2011 at 09:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
I don't think so. The real answer would be that life is messy. It's not a designed system... life just happens and has no goal or direction. The only thing focusing and directing life is the survivability and reproducability of life; but that does not entirely stop life from going in all directions anyway.

Perhaps that's why so many religious folks hate gay people. They are yet one more sign that "Intelligent Design" is a false premise.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
I fully agree with Chango. I'm an advocate of science, but I'm a little skeptical. That doesn't mean I dismiss it completely, though.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:33 AM

181 posts, read 234,067 times
I agree.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:41 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
If over-population is true nature must respond; however, mankind is anything but natural. Natural+ but natural in the natural sense.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:46 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Well that is one way of looking at it, after all we are a species of animals and maybe we do need a little population control, I mean after all, look at what our population is now and think of what it's gonna be like in the future, so maybe those from high and mighty Christians and Muslims should be thankful that there is such a thing as homosexuality......

Old 10-28-2011, 06:38 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Homosexuality could be nature's way of population control
Makes sense to me.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:23 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Some scientists now believe that homosexuality is nature's way of population control.
Are these the same scientists who deny that children benefit most from the 2 that created them - A MOTHER AND A FATHER?
Quote:
Homosexual behavior exists in every animal species
So, does that mean we should hump anything & eat our young, as animals do? WHY do you compare the consciousness & behavior of humans to animals?
Quote:
and studies show that homosexual behavior peak in over populated species.
- Especially overcrowded prisons.
Quote:
Population control is important because there has to be a balance in the food chain. Otherwise it would lead to extinction of many species. There are certain breeds of south american frogs that can change sex in a male/female dominated environment. In nature there is a reason and function for everything and that includes homosexuality among all animal species. God does not make mistakes.
So, all of the famines, disease, & natural disasters killing people, were God's purposeful act to keep population down?
Are you sure the popular, yet counterintuitive enthusiasm for people adopting homosexual practices doesn't have something to do with greedy people... as evident in #1 on the Georgia Guidestones?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones
Quote:
If all the gay people since the beginning of mankind were straight, the world may have 3 to 5 times as many people today. This planet would be overcrowded and humans would use more of the earth's resources due to population. That would lead to further extinctions and there would be more famine. The fact is that we need gay people for our survival. So to people who say its not natural, that might not entirely be true.

medical evidence that shows being gay isn't a choice.
Evidence shows being gay IS a choice, more linked to environmental influences than to biology...

The Born "Gay" Hoax |
http://www.cwfa.org/images/content/bornorbred.pdf
http://journalseek.net/cgi-bin/journ...uery=0004-0002
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/724179/posts
Quote:
In addition Scientists have discovered that a developing male inside a woman that is exposed to too many female hormones has a higher chance of being gay. Hormones do affect the development and structure of the brain.
This happens to people who choose heterosexual practices too, which again supports evidence that homosexual preferences are more based on environmental influences than anything else.
Quote:
Many use the bible to condemn homosexuals but its more like twisting scripture. No where in the Bible does Jesus condemn homosexuality. Why is that? Jesus does condemn liars, thieves and adulterers. Ironically our preachers spend more time condemning homosexuals than liars, thieves and adulterers. They talk about "protecting marriage" but all the talk is about gay marriage and nothing is said about divorce and other non traditional structures of the family.
Please explain exactly who "they" is & cite when & where "they" spend more time condemning homosexuals than liars, theives & adulterers.
Quote:
The book of Leviticus does say homosexuality is an abomination but so is eating shell fish. Leviticus also says its okay to own slaves. (Scripture in Leviticus was used to condone U.S. slavery in the 18th and 19th centuries) Not only was Leviticus written by MAN but the laws in Leviticus were created by MAN. Just like when the Catholic Church say its a sin to use a condom. I'm sure 2,000 years from people will be believing God said its a sin to wear condoms. The only "God laws" are the Ten Commandments and there is nothing about homosexuality in the Ten Commandments. You would think if it were this big great sin it would be in the Ten Commandments and the number one law. Christians already break one Ten Commandment in all the churches. Thou shall not worship graven images and thats exactly what the cross is. Religion is a double edge sword. It can enlighten people but at the same time it can lead people to blindly think in ignorance. In the end its not about the religion itself, its about your connection with God, your faith in him, where your heart is and your good deeds to others on earth. God loves EVERYONE and he expects us to do the same.
I agree with many parts - that religion can potentialy either help or harm, depending on how we interpret it. I also believe it is essential to use the miraculous brains we've been blessed with to consider what is best & what would cause harm.

I base my ideas about homosexuality on logic, not on scripture.
It's common sense how I & each of us were created... by a man & a woman.
We know that the sexual organs of males & females fit together... & those of the same sex do not, & that when trying to, there are health risks among 2 healthy men engaging in anal sex.
We know, from statistics at US Center for Disease Control, that homosexuals change partners more often than heterosexual couples do & spread STDs & AIDS at a much greater rate.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/fastfacts-msm-final508comp.pdf (broken link)
CDC - Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Gay and Bisexual Men's Health

Homosexuality practices are proving to be population control... killing off people - & teaching children that this is a healthy lifestyle when statistically, it isn't.
"Homosexuality is death, and I choose life." - Ex-Homosexual & ex-gay rights leader, Michael Glatz

Last edited by SuperSoul; 10-28-2011 at 07:41 PM..

Old 10-28-2011, 09:22 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
I've heard of this theory and I think it probably has a lot of truth. I haven't studied it so I don't have much to add other than it makes sense to me!

Old 10-28-2011, 10:16 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
Homosexuality is not "natural" so I don't give "Nature" any of the credit, or blame, for it existing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality