Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 04:01 PM

26,151 posts, read 22,334,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In other words, you only agree with a God who hates the same people you do.
How old does the buzz word "hate" get to everyone else? I am so sick of trying to be guilted into saying that homosexual acts are not immoral because they are today, yesterday and tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Might as well ask "What if Jesus returned and said adultery was ok?"

He has already spoken. It's sinful. God doesn't change. What was immoral and sinful 2000 years ago is sinful today.
I know, so basic. I guess I would doubt the dude was Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
What if he said, "Hey, there are too many of you humans on the planet. Things are out of control! You can't all keep producing more humans, so some of you humans are to fall in love with and marry the same sex, and adopt kids in need of a family. This is actually a way to prolong the human existence!"
Prolonging human existence? Really? In the world today. I think the answer if there must be one in this case would be infertility. I do expect that to increase as it seems to work with nature unlike what is being described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
That's the EXACT same bigotry "Christians" used to fight interracial marriage legalization
Apples and oranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Not really. People are born with a skin color.
And, it was never considered a sin to be a person of color. I know nothing in the Bible that says anything other than a marriage is between one man and one woman. It didn't mention color at least I never seen anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post

Jesus Christ would never say Gay marriage or homosexuality was OK with Him.

That kind of message would only come from ...
The Father Of All Lies ... The Deceiver ... Satan The Devil ! ! !

I second that. No one following Biblical Law is going to say that homosexual acts are moral. Plus, since this isn't in the Christianity forum and not all people that are of a religious faith that believe homosexual acts are immoral are even Christiansl, I don't think most would listen anyway. Biblical Law is unchanging despite the butcher jobs that some churches, in an effort to get butts in the seats, have done to the supposed word of God. I listened to a youtube of some nutjob the other day and was blown away by the twisting of The Word.

Someone shows up and tells me that he is Jesus and homosexuality is moral and not against Biblical law, I will call 911. This will not be the first person that told me they were Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 04:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,310,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
How old does the buzz word "hate" get to everyone else? I am so sick of trying to be guilted into saying that homosexual acts are not immoral because they are today, yesterday and tomorrow.

I know, so basic. I guess I would doubt the dude was Jesus.

Prolonging human existence? Really? In the world today. I think the answer if there must be one in this case would be infertility. I do expect that to increase as it seems to work with nature unlike what is being described.

Apples and oranges.

And, it was never considered a sin to be a person of color. I know nothing in the Bible that says anything other than a marriage is between one man and one woman. It didn't mention color at least I never seen anything.

I second that. No one following Biblical Law is going to say that homosexual acts are moral. Plus, since this isn't in the Christianity forum and not all people that are of a religious faith that believe homosexual acts are immoral are even Christiansl, I don't think most would listen anyway. Biblical Law is unchanging despite the butcher jobs that some churches, in an effort to get butts in the seats, have done to the supposed word of God. I listened to a youtube of some nutjob the other day and was blown away by the twisting of The Word.

Someone shows up and tells me that he is Jesus and homosexuality is moral and not against Biblical law, I will call 911. This will not be the first person that told me they were Jesus.
It's May, so things could change, but the above is my current nominee for this year's Post With The Most Wrong-Headed Ideas.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:19 PM

3,530 posts, read 794,338 times
if jesus came back and said men could marry men and GOD would be ok with it i would marry him in a minute .. it would be great being GODS son in law ...

Old 05-15-2015, 04:35 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,981,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Huh?

That's not even remotely what I said.

God's morality is not derived by decree, but flows naturally from His perfect nature. All sin follows this constant. If God arbitrarily decided that a specific sin was now moral, He would be acting against His nature and would cease to be God.
This is true, but the conclusion you draw is not. The whole point about the basis for the New Covenant in the New Commandment is that it is concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation which determines the right course. It is NOT about rules derived in any cultural situation in the past, but what the purpose for those rules and whether that purpose applies to the current situation. Paul knew that, and that is why he said that to him ALL things are "lawful," or nothing has power over him by being anyone's "law," but the determining factor is whether any one thing is "beneficial" (another way of saying correct for the well-being of a person under consideration. Jesuis does not have to come back to say that anything is ok, He left a principle for us to apply. Just do it.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:40 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,981,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Stockton has obviously gotten more exciting since the last time I was there.
I know, right?

Old 05-15-2015, 04:48 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,346,828 times
I really hope all the Christians sitting behind their keyboards aren't wearing blended fibers, eating shellfish and doing any of the other ridiculous rules in the old testament. It's frustrating when some Christians pick and chose the parts of the Bible they want to follow.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:02 PM

3,530 posts, read 794,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
. It's frustrating when some Christians pick and chose the parts of the Bible they want to follow.
if we didn`t there would`nt be 100 different kinds of churches ..

Old 05-15-2015, 05:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,308,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I know, right?
I've been thinking about it....Everyone just stays on the 5 and zips right through Stockton. What if that's where Jesus goes to tell us, "Gay marriage is OK!" The millions of Americans who are in favor of marriage equality can just stay in the Diamond Lane. But all the fundamentalists would be excited to learn Jesus is in Stockton.

CalTrans could put up big signs saying "Jesus Ahead". "This Exit". "Shuttle Bus Parking". Jesus can tell them...and then they can all concentrate on minding their own business instead of interfering with the lives of people they don't even know.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:40 PM

867 posts, read 913,266 times
And this thread is the reason the Christ will never come.

Nowhere in the Gospels, which is as close to the word of Christ as we can get, does the Christ discuss homosexuality. The Epistles of James and Peter, who were with the Christ as well, do not discuss homosexuality. The only part that does discuss homosexuality is Paul but Paul was Saul (A Jewish Convert still attached to Judaism) and never knew the Christ as indicated in the Acts of the Apostles.

If the Christ ever does come back I hope he comes back with an army of Angels; the first thing Jews, Muslims and many Christians would do is want to persecute him again because he is different then they suppose and may teach something different then they suppose. I wouldn't want the Christ to get hurt again and for no point really because you can't evolve people into getting into Heaven; they have to evolve on their own.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:46 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,666,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
If Jesus, the Son of God came down to Earth and said that homosexual acts were, in fact, moral then I would have serious issues with a hypocritical God. It wouldn't make any sense if God's nature is still constant to betray that. It would be similar to Jesus coming to Earth to tell me that squares are round.
That's right. You tell him. Who does he think he is, deciding what is and is not a sin ? God, or something?

This is why if Christ really was the son of god, it would be pointless for him to come back. Nobody who believes in him would believe that he was really Christ, because they wouldn't agree with anything he said. This time, he'd be crucified by the Christians. I'd give him a life expectancy of about a week - two weeks tops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality