Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 06:29 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why do you believe the Koran?
Probably for the same reason you believe the Bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 10:10 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion, sure...but how do you know that?
You keep asking how people "know" things . . . as if YOU have some magic secret squirrel way of "knowing" things from your magical Bible. I find it hard to believe a grown man could possibly believe such magical nonsense. What YOU "know" is just opinion too, Vizio.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:06 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Every tale found in the Bible is a tale from some older civilization. And remember, every old civilization has a story of dragons and most rational people don't believe in them either.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:14 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Why do you believe the Koran?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Every tale found in the Bible is a tale from some older civilization. And remember, every old civilization has a story of dragons and most rational people don't believe in them either.
Sometimes we discover the old myths had some level of truth.

10 Beasts That Used To Be Mythical

10 Beasts That Used To Be*Mythical - Listverse

Old 06-26-2015, 05:15 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,668,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Well, that's where we have a problem, because the same sort of material held up as the sort of knowledge that men could not have known at the time is found in the Bible .
what are the books that are in the Bible?

as far as I know the bible contains the book of Moses , the book of David and the book of Jesus
and they are all messengers from Allah , so if it contains miracles knowledge it would be from Allah but still these books
have been changed be men and that cancelled them to be the word of Allah , and even if they are not the changed

the Quran and the final messenger Mahammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) are the one that should be followed

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.
1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.
2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying
and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection).
5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.
Quote:
and, as we have seen, the claims for that kind of thing in the Quran
doesn't seem to stand up. We already looked at that 'low place' battle
claim,

I would like to remind you about that verse of low place that it also contain another miracle which is
it mentioned that the roman win within 3 to 9 years and that is recorded in the history.

Quote:
The claim that there is guidance about al aspects of life doesn't either. That's
just another Holy Book telling us how it thinks we ought to live.

first it is not easy to establish rules for all aspects of life such as Marriage, Inheritance, Criminality , Property and every subject

and we and this planet belong to Allah so it logically to compliance to his rules

Old 06-26-2015, 08:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
As Kurt so wisely opined:

And so it goes.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:38 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
what are the books that are in the Bible?

as far as I know the bible contains the book of Moses , the book of David and the book of Jesus
and they are all messengers from Allah , so if it contains miracles knowledge it would be from Allah but still these books
have been changed be men and that cancelled them to be the word of Allah , and even if they are not the changed

the Quran and the final messenger Mahammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) are the one that should be followed

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.
1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.
2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying
and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection).
5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.
I would like to remind you about that verse of low place that it also contain another miracle which is
it mentioned that the roman win within 3 to 9 years and that is recorded in the history.

first it is not easy to establish rules for all aspects of life such as Marriage, Inheritance, Criminality , Property and every subject

and we and this planet belong to Allah so it logically to compliance to his rules
None of that is addressing the post I made about evidence divine knowledge in the Quran other than the 'Low place' battle. And that was looked at in a previous thread and is more like recording the history of the time than some kind of foreknowledge.

It is a sight earlier to issue rules and restrictions about every aspect of human life than to find and prove things that were not know or lost. That is why science has a good track record in substantiated fact and Holy books don't.

So, to get back to the Topic, I'll go with the science because just commenting on the Creation aspect .. the Quran and genesis are apparently wrong, and all the cut and paste texts stating that this or that author of the script is unquestionably right and we must believe everything written - just doesn't work for me and -as I said - I wonder what these people expect when they make plonking claims: 'Everything was made in 6 days' or indeed try to fiddle the Creation account by turning days into a billion or so years so as to match it to the science story and then try to claim that it proves the Bible true - or the Quran.

That wouldn't count for anything even if it worked - which it doesn't, because of course the length of the geological ages is not regular, so you can't make 'days' of them.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 06-27-2015 at 02:51 PM..

Old 06-27-2015, 05:14 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You keep asking how people "know" things . . . as if YOU have some magic secret squirrel way of "knowing" things from your magical Bible. I find it hard to believe a grown man could possibly believe such magical nonsense. What YOU "know" is just opinion too, Vizio.
Careful...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality