Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 04:39 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
Sarcasm is wasted on you huh?

After a couple of things you posted, it didn't seem unreasonable to think you serious
Sorry 'bout that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 06:18 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
Charleston Shooter To Black People: You're Raping Our Women' ‘You’re Taking Over Our Country. You Have To Go.’

So the shooter openly admits this was a race driven act. Why then is the entire right wing saying he was attacking christianity?

They will not say it's about race. And why is he not a thug? Or a terrorist?

Eric Garner was allegedly selling loose cigarettes he's dead,
Mike Brown allegedly stole some cigars, he was shot down in the street.
Walter Scott shot in the back while running away had a gun planted on him on video.

This guy shot and killed 9 people in a church for being black, he gets led to the car wearing a bullet proof vest the cops put on him.

People please!
From the very little I have read about this shooting, it seems it was some white, racist guy who hated blacks. I heard today he chose this church for reasons that had nothing to do with religion. Not sure if he was part of the KKK? A lot of those KKK people use religion, specifically the Christian beliefs, to try to justify their sick beliefs.

People will not say he is a thug or terrorist because this is a southern, white young man. I would not be surprised if he was a Christian. If he was black or a Muslim then it would okay to call him those things. Instead everyone will try to "figure out" what went wrong and blame the parents, the lack of funding for mental help, and whatever else they can put the blame on. It would be so much easier if he was black, then people could just call him an evil thug.

I always say this to people about how it is so amazing that a white dude will shoot up a crowded store or theater or whatever, he could even come out shooting at police, yet somehow he is always apprehended without a scratch. Yet a black dude could be running away from the cops, could be totally unarmed, but somehow they always feel threatened by him, and end up "having" to kill him. Of course, that is a whole other topic...

Old 06-20-2015, 07:29 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
From the very little I have read about this shooting, it seems it was some white, racist guy who hated blacks. I heard today he chose this church for reasons that had nothing to do with religion. Not sure if he was part of the KKK? A lot of those KKK people use religion, specifically the Christian beliefs, to try to justify their sick beliefs.

People will not say he is a thug or terrorist because this is a southern, white young man. I would not be surprised if he was a Christian. If he was black or a Muslim then it would okay to call him those things. Instead everyone will try to "figure out" what went wrong and blame the parents, the lack of funding for mental help, and whatever else they can put the blame on. It would be so much easier if he was black, then people could just call him an evil thug.

I always say this to people about how it is so amazing that a white dude will shoot up a crowded store or theater or whatever, he could even come out shooting at police, yet somehow he is always apprehended without a scratch. Yet a black dude could be running away from the cops, could be totally unarmed, but somehow they always feel threatened by him, and end up "having" to kill him. Of course, that is a whole other topic...
With all the news stories, video, stats to the contrary it's really hard for me to believe you guys think this is true.
I'd list them but I still think you'd just ignore it. So, nothing to do to change it. All one can say is hopefully you all find a way to make something good come around as an end result. It's terrible that you think America is against all black or brown people. I'm pretty brown and foreign and an atheist but have never felt this bitter. I've run into jerks, who hasn't, but the majority of people have been really nice. I hope there is some peace in the future.
With so many blacks in powerful positions I will ask you.
What do you think will help with all the racism in America? What action should be taken to make it less?

Last edited by PoppySead; 06-20-2015 at 08:43 PM..

Old 06-20-2015, 08:45 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Who ever left me the nasty rep, fell free to address me in public. Save the reps for agreement. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality