Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 06:28 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

This falls under experiences...because trees and what they feel or say was brought up...
I am reminded of a little boy, now a grown up, that died, came back...and in
some sort of Life Review...was shown the big tree in Seneca Park, NY that he stood in front of and said, or thought..."Wow, what a beautiful tree!"
He was shown how that tree 'felt' when he thought that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 06:45 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
once i was at a community group meeting in a not so great part of town, about 15 people usually attended, and due to its sketchy location, the door to the building was kept locked, and people had to knock to get in, but sometimes the door was propped open to avoid having to get up every time to let someone in. anyway one day i was at this group, and a lady wandered in who looked like a bag lady that had wandered in off the streets. she kept staring at me during the group and i figured it was just another street person looking for a warm room to hang out in for a couple hours. after the meeting ended she came right up to me and kept staring me right in the face. I thought she was going to ask me for money, but she just stood their staring at me. finally she said, "you are in a lot of pain, and i am going to pray for you, when i pray for people they get better" and then she turned around and left the building.

well that totally threw me. it was very strange. she was strange, just your basic bag lady. no one in the group knew who she was and I never saw her there again but it had a strong impact on me. she was right i was at a very low point in my life (physical, emotional, legal, financial troubles, no hope or joy whatsoever in my world, no prayer, no religion, no nothing). and it was a turning point for me where things did begin to improve. what I really liked about it even to this day (it was about 17 years ago) was that she was shabby.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
GREAT story!!!!
A minister downtown (lots of 'shabby' people..) said to me ...
"Where do you think the saints are? Where do you think they came from in Jesus' day?
The streets!

Old 06-21-2015, 07:29 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
I can't rep any more..BUT just wanted you to know I am reading and nodding my head a lot!!

Old 06-21-2015, 07:35 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
once i was at a community group meeting in a not so great part of town, about 15 people usually attended, and due to its sketchy location, the door to the building was kept locked, and people had to knock to get in, but sometimes the door was propped open to avoid having to get up every time to let someone in. anyway one day i was at this group, and a lady wandered in who looked like a bag lady that had wandered in off the streets. she kept staring at me during the group and i figured it was just another street person looking for a warm room to hang out in for a couple hours. after the meeting ended she came right up to me and kept staring me right in the face. I thought she was going to ask me for money, but she just stood their staring at me. finally she said, "you are in a lot of pain, and i am going to pray for you, when i pray for people they get better" and then she turned around and left the building.

well that totally threw me. it was very strange. she was strange, just your basic bag lady. no one in the group knew who she was and I never saw her there again but it had a strong impact on me. she was right i was at a very low point in my life (physical, emotional, legal, financial troubles, no hope or joy whatsoever in my world, no prayer, no religion, no nothing). and it was a turning point for me where things did begin to improve. what I really liked about it even to this day (it was about 17 years ago) was that she was shabby.
BBM~
THAT's when the "Angel's" are sent TZ Let's face it IF we all lived a perfect life we wouldn't need that support or guidance or whatever..would we?

Human being are frail and vulnerable to temptations of easy way out..or quick fixes or excuses for our wrong decisions...BUT the truth of it is..WE made human choices..God didn't make them for us..Nor did GOD make the evilness that come our way.....So Yes..Eye's/ears Wide OPEN is important to not Judge less we be Judged..and listen ..WE all may learn something from that!! PTL

Old 06-21-2015, 08:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:

Good story.

Some people are gifted in ways that escape the ken of most.

Too soon etc.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:29 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
she was shabby.
Angels may be in many forms

Old 06-22-2015, 09:22 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
NPR had a segment about the science of religious experiences in the brain. Here is the link:

The God Chemical: Brain Chemistry And Mysticism : NPR

Old 06-22-2015, 10:13 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
Quote:

This has kinda happened to me a few times. Random strangers I meet that say exactly what I need to hear at the time. I can't say they impacted my entire life, but made a huge difference at that time.

Just a month ago I was very upset about something, I go to the store, and out of the blue a woman starts to talk to me and proceeds to tell me things that I am thinking. Long story short, it made my day, and I think meeting her that day was not a coincidence.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
This has kinda happened to me a few times. Random strangers I meet that say exactly what I need to hear at the time. I can't say they impacted my entire life, but made a huge difference at that time.

Just a month ago I was very upset about something, I go to the store, and out of the blue a woman starts to talk to me and proceeds to tell me things that I am thinking. Long story short, it made my day, and I think meeting her that day was not a coincidence.
Serendipity is just about the most persuasive evidence I've come across for a God-thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality