Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 06:18 PM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
What about the two men who were crucified side by side with Jesus?
Then there are the 6000 rebels that were crucified along with Spartacus on the Appian way in May of 71 BC.

It's funny that history can tell us exactly when this event occurred. The crucifixion of Jesus? Not so much.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:36 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
40 lines of whining about his suffering followed by...

Quote:
Tell My children that I do not regret My Passion on the Cross
Yeah, sure sounds like it.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:22 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
What is interesting for me is that I can see why none of this 'message' is correct and it even disagrees with the gospel account (the damage to the eye). But there is no way I can prove it is false (1), because one can always play the 'witnesses don't always agree' card plus the 'People thought and wrote differently, then'.

It is quite a useful post in that you cannot dismiss this as not being believable if one accepts the gospels as being believable - for example Matthew's Roman guard whipped up on the Passover sabbath by the priests, not to mention his descending angel, shekel -eating fish, zombies coming out of the graves and shanking through the streets calling for brains and of course the mobile star. This at least doesn't look ridiculous. And, after all - this is straight from the divine messiah's mouth.

(1) they even got the right place for the nails and while 600 soldiers seems excessive, Pilate had them available, as it was a festival so he had brought maybe 500 more from Caesarea to supplement the 500 normal garrison in the Antonia. But, if they make a slip, I'll jump on it.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 06-25-2015 at 09:32 AM..

Old 06-25-2015, 10:51 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
What is interesting for me is that I can see why none of this 'message' is correct and it even disagrees with the gospel account (the damage to the eye). But there is no way I can prove it is false (1), because one can always play the 'witnesses don't always agree' card plus the 'People thought and wrote differently, then'.

It is quite a useful post in that you cannot dismiss this as not being believable if one accepts the gospels as being believable - for example Matthew's Roman guard whipped up on the Passover sabbath by the priests, not to mention his descending angel, shekel -eating fish, zombies coming out of the graves and shanking through the streets calling for brains and of course the mobile star. This at least doesn't look ridiculous. And, after all - this is straight from the divine messiah's mouth.

(1) they even got the right place for the nails and while 600 soldiers seems excessive, Pilate had them available, as it was a festival so he had brought maybe 500 more from Caesarea to supplement the 500 normal garrison in the Antonia. But, if they make a slip, I'll jump on it.
On the other hand, we can't automatically declare it to be true and accurate. What happens if someone claims a vision that contradicts it? What then?

Old 06-25-2015, 10:52 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Then there are the 6000 rebels that were crucified along with Spartacus on the Appian way in May of 71 BC.

It's funny that history can tell us exactly when this event occurred. The crucifixion of Jesus? Not so much.
Hmm....you're actually asking why history records 6000 rebels being crucified along with Spartacus...but you wonder why the crucifixion of a carpenter from Nazareth wasn't recorded in the same way?

Really?

Old 06-25-2015, 11:01 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
On the other hand, we can't automatically declare it to be true and accurate. What happens if someone claims a vision that contradicts it? What then?
You open a thread denouncing their views as false interpretation.

Quote:
Hmm....you're actually asking why history records 6000 rebels being crucified along with Spartacus...but you wonder why the crucifixion of a carpenter from Nazareth wasn't recorded in the same way?

Really?
Credit where it's due. The same thing occurred to me. while it pretty much debunks the Gospel claims of huge crowds from all over the middle east flocking to listen to him, a small scale mission - whatever you want that to be - could indeed have been overlooked by the contemporary historians...and even the later ones...and only became known widely after his followers became sufficiently numerous to be noticed.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:01 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibioiniui View Post

Our God wants all of us to prepare so that we can join him in Heaven without having to suffer due to the conflicts of the world. Read the messages yourself with a humble spirit in the following links.
No, he doesn't....how could that be when soooooo many of us are suffering immensely already.
All the messages in the world won't end the intense suffering seen daily around us.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:42 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
It's over...Jesus overcame...He is at the right hand of God now...that is where
my focus is.
That is where he wants my focus...on the glory, and magnificence of our Father.

My input.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:30 PM

197 posts, read 208,139 times
Quote:
For all of us who believe in God, the answer is quite simple: pray to God Himself and ask Him directly. If you truly believe and have faith, He will clearly tell you yes or no regarding these messages.

For those who do not believe, no harm done. I only advise you not to resort to ridicule and slander - those are unpleasant traits to encounter from anyone, and no truly righteous person in history embraced such attitudes. One should always seek out the Truth, and slander, hatred, and cruelty do nothing but interfere with pure rational, human judgment.

Read the messages, I implore you, with an objective mind. If you disagree, a no suffices. Slander, mocking, and sarcasm only interfere with intelligent discussion.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:00 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibioiniui View Post
For all of us who believe in God, the answer is quite simple: pray to God Himself and ask Him directly. If you truly believe and have faith, He will clearly tell you yes or no regarding these messages.

For those who do not believe, no harm done. I only advise you not to resort to ridicule and slander - those are unpleasant traits to encounter from anyone, and no truly righteous person in history embraced such attitudes. One should always seek out the Truth, and slander, hatred, and cruelty do nothing but interfere with pure rational, human judgment.

Read the messages, I implore you, with an objective mind. If you disagree, a no suffices. Slander, mocking, and sarcasm only interfere with intelligent discussion.
Fine, let's engage in a serious discussion. You believe that a corpse came back to life and flew away and that hordes of dead people came up out of their graves and wandered the streets of Jerusalem, among other totally ridiculous claims. How exactly does one go about pointing out how absurdly foolish such claims are WITHOUT slandering your beliefs? And why would you expect to openly promote such claims without encountering some measure of disdain, sarcasm and push back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality