Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:02 PM

285 posts, read 535,598 times

Advertisements

Oh and BTW if you want to add up all the deaths in the name of religion over those in the name atheism, man you have us beat by a long shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 04:09 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,192,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahteist2 View Post
Interesting that christians always tend to drag in the communist or marxist, but then when hitler is added to the mix want to get all offended.

How dare you call hilter a christian ! I did not say he was, HE DID !

Anyways, if you all dont what the war issue then dont bring it up.
I didn't bring up the war issue, someone else did. Well, I think it's difficult to call Hitler a Christian when he expressed his dismay that Europe wasn't Islamic as Islam would've served his purposes better--that doesn't sound like a Christian to me!

Last edited by ainulinale; 04-04-2008 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 04-04-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Oh and BTW if you want to add up all the deaths in the name of religion over those in the name atheism, man you have us beat by a long shot.
First of all, I think we settled this in another forum...anyway. Maybe part of this could be attributed to the fact that atheists haven't been very substantial in numbers until later centuries and still only account for 150 million people. What you're saying is a little like this: Californians killed more than people from Coudersport, Pennsylvania.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:18 PM

Do not fear, as we learn more and more about the world and the universe, there will be more and more atheist.

Wonderful what knowledge can do, it is true the truth shall set you free.

And one day, there wont be any religion at all and then finally we can be truly free.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Do not fear, as we learn more and more about the world and the universe, there will be more and more atheist.

Wonderful what knowledge can do, it is true the truth shall set you free.

And one day, there wont be any religion at all and then finally we can be truly free.
With the 5 billion religious, that'll take quite a while...

Old 04-04-2008, 04:24 PM

ainulinale

Well there was a time when the majority of the population believed the earth was flat, and now they are very much the minority.

Sadly they are still out there though, but not taken very serious

The Flat Earth Society -- Home

Someday theism will just like the flat eathers

Old 04-04-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
ainulinale

Well there was a time when the majority of the population believed the earth was flat, and now they are very much the minority.

Sadly they are still out there though, but not taken very serious

The Flat Earth Society -- Home

Someday theism will just like the flat eathers
Maybe, but that is not in my control. Perhaps it won't though as the existence of God is rather unprovable one way or the other...the idea that the earth is a globe is pretty secure.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:39 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
I'm not pointing the finger at anyone...all I'm saying is that criticizing Christians for Hitler is absurd, and is equivalent to accusing atheists for Marxist slaughters. Anyway, this topic has been done to death on here.
Both accusations are baseless.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
the idea that the earth is a globe is pretty secure
Uhmm did you check out the site ? There are still people who seriously think the earth is flat.

Oh yea and mental illness used to be attributed to demons, what is your take on that ?

Do you hold to the belief in demons, or do you believe the truths that science has taught us ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality