Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 12:57 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Please confirm that this is a joke, before I have no choice but to claw my eyeballs out. Asap, please. Thank you.
Yep, I'm afraid our Cardinal friend has outdumbed jeffbase40 in terms of commentary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 03:00 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sounds like a pretty oppressive society if you want to be a Christian.
You're mistaken. Even putting aside the corrupt nature of your source, what it makes Canada sound like is a pretty oppressive society if one needs to actively hate other people. The vast majority of Canadian Christians have no problem being Christian without being driven to publicly vilify non-Christians and Christians who believe differently from them, living their lives in accordance with their own beliefs and values.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:24 AM

19,990 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
And the odds of a secular atheist website speaking in defense of Christianity? ZERO.
In defense of Christianity as a belief system that is close to true. In defense of Christianity's rights ... I subscribe to Friendly Atheist at Patheos.com and there are a number of times in the past year that they have unambiguously opined in favor of Christian rights to their beliefs. And they occasionally admonish atheists for overreaching.

Atheist activists are people, and have their firebrands and hotheads, and moderates, just like everyone else.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:43 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
And the odds of a secular atheist website speaking in defense of Christianity? ZERO. Does the church openly and publically speak out against homosexuality? I doubt it.

What are the odds of an evangelical fundie actually accepting the WILL OF GOD?

Only when "god" agrees with the narrow-minded thinking of a fundie is it accepted? And why does it seem that every event that is "god's" will is ALWAYS (90%) vindictive towards the non-fundie crowd?

But when GOD'S will seems to oppose the fundie will, it is the fault of EVIL people like SCOTUS?

After a good long look,it appears teh evangelical-fundie is attempting to make God in to THEIR IMAGE and are determined to take GOD from being in control and HIS WILL BE DONE to a god-n-the-tiny-bigoted-hateful-oppressive BOX just so the fundie can say MY god is a BAD-ARSE????

JUNE 26, 2015---GOD HAS SPOKEN AND DECLARED EQUALITY THE LAW OF THE LAND!!!

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

MICAH 6:8

Old 06-27-2015, 06:00 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Silly us for actually believing God at his Word!
I agree, it is silly.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:46 AM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And what will happen if gays come in majority and influence supreme court under the flag of democracy to make same sex marriage mandatory for EVERYONE in all 50 states?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Please confirm that this is a joke, before I have no choice but to claw my eyeballs out. Asap, please. Thank you.
no he is serious
the post comes from a muslim view; and that is the Islam way....because that is what Islam does. look at life in Muslim majority countries

so in his "thinking" that is the logical reasonable next step; if a group is in favor of same sex marriage then surely (in his thinking / in Islam thinking) they want to force everyone into a same sex marriage. because that is standard procedure for Islam. there is only one "religion"allowed; and there is only one sexual orientation allowed; and democracy is seen as at fault so it too definitely needs to be abolished for it is "evil." That is the mindset of the post. Also the posted view is to incite others to hate gays through fear.

(please feel free to correct if this is not the case)

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-27-2015 at 08:16 AM..

Old 06-27-2015, 08:16 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,109 times
Quote:
Most major Christian denominations oppose homosexuality. This was a vote against the will of the people in favor of a small minority of the population. And America is not progressing. Our country is more divided and in more turmoil than any period I've seen in my lifetime. American pride is flushed down the toliet. We are not number one in any category anymore either. God doesn't bless a country that thumbs its nose at Him.
First off "American Pride" is a joke in the first place. I created a thread on the world form about that a few months ago. I could care less if I'm an American, or a Canadian, or a Dutch citizen. My country doesn't define me. I do.

Secondly, as far as voting against the will of the people? Check Facebook. I'd say my entire feed since yesterday has been filled with rainbow colored things. From people of all ages.

Thirdly, if you hate it so much, the move to Canada...... Oh wait.

Get over it. Two people getting married don't affect you in the least bit. Just your sense of "pride"

Thankfully, the United States was NOT founded as a Christian nation, but one that should be accepting of ALL.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:52 AM

618 posts, read 540,897 times
Hello all.

It was quite some time ago that I gave up on this forum, discouraged beyond hope by the intellectual dishonesty that I so often encountered here. Nonetheless, I just had to visit so I could witness the responses to the Obergefell v. Hodges decision.

To the hand-wringing conservatives, I remind you that Jesus himself said that his kingdom is not of this world (John 18:36). I encourage you to use this as an opportunity to give up on our sinful society entirely and the dream of legislating your religion's morality. Instead spend your energy imagining an afterlife in which we will all be crying out for mercy, and leave the real world to those of us interested in progressing beyond your narrow biblical view.

That's all I've got to say about that.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Hello all.

It was quite some time ago that I gave up on this forum, discouraged beyond hope by the intellectual dishonesty that I so often encountered here. Nonetheless, I just had to visit so I could witness the responses to the Obergefell v. Hodges decision.

To the hand-wringing conservatives, I remind you that Jesus himself said that his kingdom is not of this world (John 18:36). I encourage you to use this as an opportunity to give up on our sinful society entirely and the dream of legislating your religion's morality. Instead spend your energy imagining an afterlife in which we will all be crying out for mercy, and leave the real world to those of us interested in progressing beyond your narrow biblical view.

That's all I've got to say about that.
Thank-you...allow me to paraphrase in a much less elegant,politically correct fashion---

Yes by all means, evangelical fundies ought to focus on the here-after and how grand life is suppose to be and let the least of these continue to suffer. Because Jesus was the first to say---FRACK this world, let it rot.

For all those convinced that "satan" rules this world and Jesus is POWERLESS to exert any influence--follow the example set by Judas and get on board that train for heaven and beat the the apocalyptic RUSH.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Most major Christian denominations oppose homosexuality. This was a vote against the will of the people in favor of a small minority of the population. And America is not progressing. Our country is more divided and in more turmoil than any period I've seen in my lifetime. American pride is flushed down the toliet. We are not number one in any category anymore either. God doesn't bless a country that thumbs its nose at Him.
God blesses NO country. He may bless INDIVIDUALS based on their actions, but He in no way rewards or punishes an entire country for the deeds of a few.

Each person answers for their OWN sin, and the child will not die for the sins of their parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality