Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 01:15 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,649,624 times

Advertisements

Btw, I have always insisted 90% of Muslims are good people and I can say 99% are reasonably good like any other human beings.

British Prime Minister, David Cameron made the following statement in parliament..

Tunisia terror attack: Cameron vows tough response and promises 'together we will prevail' | World | News | Daily Express
"We must take on the radical narrative that is poisoning young minds.
The people who do these things do it in the name of a twisted and perverted ideology which hijacks the Islamic faith and holds that mass murder and terror are not only acceptable but are necessary."
Perhaps Cameron is ignorant of the real situation or he was trying to be political correct. However whilst the above statement is better than his usual repeated [and Obama's] 'Islam is a Religion of PEACE,' such a statement do not address the root causes.

The truer narrative is those Muslims [jihadists] did NOT hijack the Islamic faith [there is no central authority to decide on that] but what the jihadists are following is a part [albeit small] and parcel of the whole package called Islam with its ethos.

Getting rid of ISIS will not cure the problem, instead it is merely fire-fighting. Note first we have Al-Qaeda, then Boko Haram and many others then the worst ISIS. Getting rid of ISIS or the existing terror groups will NEVER resolve the issue unless we recognize and deal with the root causes.

I wrote this earlier,

I have researched thoroughly and noted 55% of the 6236 verses in the Quran contain antagonistic and evil elements [in various degrees] against the Kuffar.
The point is, these 55% of negatives against the Kuffar in very derogatory terms in the Quran are an imperative part of the whole of the Quran.

Why imperative?
It is because it is stated in the Quran, Allah had delivered a perfect Quran via Gabriel to Muhammad. In addition the Quran as words of Allah is immutable, i.e. cannot be changed.

Since those 55% of antagonistic and evil laden are in fact inside the immutable Quran,
plus the fact that SOME Muslims sincerely obey [as demanded in the Quran] those negative verses that result in a perverted ideology that commit terrible violence and evil around the word,
we can conclude Islam [in part of an imperative whole] do promote violence via SOME Muslims.

Therefore those 'some' Muslims did not hijack the Islamic faith but are somehow an inevitable part of the whole package of religiosity called Islam.
(btw, I note the 'peace' in Islam is not so much the peace on Earth [an illusion re Quran 54:2, 57:20] but the critical PEACE in heaven which is pursued by the majority of Muslim and jihadists alike from their own perspective of the Quran)

To resolve the issue of Islamic related terrorism, violence and evils, we must recognize, accept and address the above root causes.
Then we find solutions to deal with these root causes. How? -that's the 64-million-dollars-question.

Agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 01:31 AM

689 posts, read 495,189 times
Moderate Islam, like moderate Christianity is benign, it is the extremes of both faiths which are evil.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:05 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Btw, I have always insisted 90% of Muslims are good people and I can say 99% are reasonably good like any other human beings.

British Prime Minister, David Cameron made the following statement in parliament..

Tunisia terror attack: Cameron vows tough response and promises 'together we will prevail' | World | News | Daily Express
"We must take on the radical narrative that is poisoning young minds.
The people who do these things do it in the name of a twisted and perverted ideology which hijacks the Islamic faith and holds that mass murder and terror are not only acceptable but are necessary."
Perhaps Cameron is ignorant of the real situation or he was trying to be political correct. However whilst the above statement is better than his usual repeated [and Obama's] 'Islam is a Religion of PEACE,' such a statement do not address the root causes.

The truer narrative is those Muslims [jihadists] did NOT hijack the Islamic faith [there is no central authority to decide on that] but what the jihadists are following is a part [albeit small] and parcel of the whole package called Islam with its ethos.

Getting rid of ISIS will not cure the problem, instead it is merely fire-fighting. Note first we have Al-Qaeda, then Boko Haram and many others then the worst ISIS. Getting rid of ISIS or the existing terror groups will NEVER resolve the issue unless we recognize and deal with the root causes.

I wrote this earlier,

I have researched thoroughly and noted 55% of the 6236 verses in the Quran contain antagonistic and evil elements [in various degrees] against the Kuffar.
The point is, these 55% of negatives against the Kuffar in very derogatory terms in the Quran are an imperative part of the whole of the Quran.

Why imperative?
It is because it is stated in the Quran, Allah had delivered a perfect Quran via Gabriel to Muhammad. In addition the Quran as words of Allah is immutable, i.e. cannot be changed.

Since those 55% of antagonistic and evil laden are in fact inside the immutable Quran,
plus the fact that SOME Muslims sincerely obey [as demanded in the Quran] those negative verses that result in a perverted ideology that commit terrible violence and evil around the word,
we can conclude Islam [in part of an imperative whole] do promote violence via SOME Muslims.

Therefore those 'some' Muslims did not hijack the Islamic faith but are somehow an inevitable part of the whole package of religiosity called Islam.
(btw, I note the 'peace' in Islam is not so much the peace on Earth [an illusion re Quran 54:2, 57:20] but the critical PEACE in heaven which is pursued by the majority of Muslim and jihadists alike from their own perspective of the Quran)

To resolve the issue of Islamic related terrorism, violence and evils, we must recognize, accept and address the above root causes.
Then we find solutions to deal with these root causes. How? -that's the 64-million-dollars-question.

Agree?
Yes, that some disobey has nothing to do with what The Koran teaches. Just as some "Christian" disobey God's word in scripture, does not make their actions Christian.

Islam is a teaching of violence ignored by some believers in Islam. Christianity is a teaching of peace and ... ignored by many claiming to be Christian.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:15 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,790,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes, that some disobey has nothing to do with what The Koran teaches. Just as some "Christian" disobey God's word in scripture, does not make their actions Christian.

Islam is a teaching of violence ignored by some believers in Islam. Christianity is a teaching of peace and ... ignored by many claiming to be Christian.
This is just not true. Both religions have violent, pacificist, and mystic strains that have evolved through history. Your choice to assume that a personal, non-violent variant of Christianity is the "one true" version, while assuming that a theocratic, violent variant of Islam is the "one true" version is simply what you want to be true.

It would be a bit more productive to encourage and support the type of Islam that you prefer, than trying to delegitimize the best of the religion. It makes one believe that you are not interested in anything other than the eradication of an entire faith...

-NoCapo

Old 06-30-2015, 03:08 PM

63,837 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
This is just not true. Both religions have violent, pacificist, and mystic strains that have evolved through history. Your choice to assume that a personal, non-violent variant of Christianity is the "one true" version, while assuming that a theocratic, violent variant of Islam is the "one true" version is simply what you want to be true.
It would be a bit more productive to encourage and support the type of Islam that you prefer, than trying to delegitimize the best of the religion. It makes one believe that you are not interested in anything other than the eradication of an entire faith...
-NoCapo
It was the ultimate incongruity when I discovered the many values within Islam that paralleled Christ's Sermon on the Mount. I couldn't understand how this could ever have been perverted into the Islamic terrorism and jidhad that was reported in the news. I ultimately found the same kind of perverted elements in the Quran and Sunna (hadiths) that permeate the Christian Bible. My friend Wood disabused me of any notion of a central authority in Islam responsible for this perversion. It seems the same problem plagues the Abrahamic religions . . . ancient ignorance and primitive superstition laced with a significant dose of magical thinking. Regrettably, the lack of any central authority in Islam compounds the problem the fanatics represent.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:58 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,649,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It was the ultimate incongruity when I discovered the many values within Islam that paralleled Christ's Sermon on the Mount. I couldn't understand how this could ever have been perverted into the Islamic terrorism and jidhad that was reported in the news. I ultimately found the same kind of perverted elements in the Quran and Sunna (hadiths) that permeate the Christian Bible. My friend Wood disabused me of any notion of a central authority in Islam responsible for this perversion. It seems the same problem plagues the Abrahamic religions . . . ancient ignorance and primitive superstition laced with a significant dose of magical thinking. Regrettably, the lack of any central authority in Islam compounds the problem the fanatics represent.
To effective one has to make the following comparisons;

note: I used 'Buddhism' as representative of the major Eastern religions.

1. Buddhism: 1. 90% good people, 2. 10% evil-prone, 3. no violence in holy texts, 4. Non-martial founder, 5. limit violence, 6. Large number of followers

2. Judaism - OT: 1. 90% good people, 2. 10% evil-prone, 3. Lots of violence in holy texts, 4. Non-martial founder?, 5. no limit to violence 6. Small number of followers

3. Christianity -NT: OT: 1. 90% good people, 2. 10% evil-prone, 3. Minimal violence in holy texts, 4. Non-martial founder, 5. limit violence [love your enemies, golden Rule, other cheeks]. 6. Very Large number of followers

4. Islam: 1. 90% good people, 2. 10% evil-prone, 3. Lots of violence [55%] in holy texts, 4. Martial founder, 5. no limit to violence, 6. Large number of followers.

We will note from the above comparisons, there is no origin of violence from Buddhism itself as there are no* violent and evil elements in the Buddhist sutras. *if any, very rare. The founder, Gautama Buddha avoided his martial background as a warrior prince to become a monk.
Like humans every where, there will be appx. say 10% of evil prone within the Buddhists [it is easy and anyone can be a Buddhist] and these people will commit evil and violence but only based on their inherent human nature of evil but not inspired by any Buddhist texts or its founder.

I am not super familiar with Judaism, but its small number of followers need to be wary of but it is not critical at present.

As for Christianity, Jesus is a pacifist and has no martial background. The 'love' verses in the NT override and abrogate any violent element in the NT and OT.

Islam is a uniquely different kettle-of-fish from the rest. Islam as whole package of religion has all the ingredients to promote and inspire its 10% evil prone believers to commit terrible evils and violence on infidels. i.e.
1. 55% of the 6236 verses of the Quran contain negative elements [of various degrees] that are antagonistic to the Kuffar [infidels].

2. It founder, Muhammad ended with a martial background that is filled with violence and evils that are reflected in the Quran itself. Muhammad is supposed to be the perfect example for ALL Muslims to follow.

3. There is no absolute deterrence of violence and evils enforce on Muslims. There are direct and indirect approval for Muslims to commit violence and evil on the Kuffar [infidels]. On the matter of the indirect, self-defence is encouraged but whatever is to defended is highly open to interpretations. Note cartoons to justify mass killings all over the world and other minor reasons?

4. There is a large number of Muslims, i.e. 1.5 billion around the world is a very significant quantum. 10% means 150 million, and even 1% is still 15 million and even 0.1% of 1.5 million is still very scary. It only took a 18++ to do a 911 and lone wolves or a couple to create real havoc [note Boston, now Tunisa].
From the above, it is fully justified terrorism, violence and evil is an inevitable PART [small but critical] of the package of Islam. When the 5 elements above combined the malignancy within Islam manifest spontaneously and inspire SOME [not all] very zealous and bigoted Muslims to commit terrible violence and evils.

Until we recognize this fact and deal with it effectively, Islamic terror will not be resolved.
We need to recognize this fact, terrorism is an inevitable part of Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality