Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 635 times

Advertisements

Deluded, as are all believers in fantasy land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 01:01 PM

888 posts, read 451,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmasalma View Post
I'm doing this academic research on the perception of non-Muslims about Muslims in the West and I designed this survey which i need some non-Muslims to take. the survey only has 12 multiple choice questions which I'm sure it won't take much of your time.
The survey only requires responses from Non-Muslim youth living in Western or English-speaking countries, aged 15-35.
Since there is no way you can know the age of your anonymous posters and where they live, what kind of a disclaimer are you going to put in your academic research about the potential lack of validity of your data?

Do you really think the only people who are going to respond actually fit your criteria? And do you think you're going to get accurate results in light of recent events since there are many people with very strong feelings about how Muslims should be treated?

Of course this assumes that enough people will consider an anonymous City-Data poll posted by an anonymous user worth their time for so-called academic research. I'm curious to know how much data do you consider enough for a statistically valid sample when you can't verify the age or location of the respondents?

"According to an academic poll done anonymously on the internet for which there was no verification of the respondents' age or location of their primary residence, it is assumed that Western youth think......" sounds like something you'd read The Onion or Andy Borowitz would write, only they'd be smart enough to make up their data to save time.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:24 PM

18,822 posts, read 27,268,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmasalma View Post
Thanks for your opinion. It happens to be that Muslims belief in Jesus, Moses and Abraham just as Jews and Christians do. Jesus is the prophet of Muslims as well as Muhammad, Moses, Abraham and many other prophets. Their god is the same as the christian God but with a different name, Allah (because its in Arabic). It happens to be that those Muslims that murder others are not devout Muslims, but Muslims in name. The same as those Christians who murder people in the name of democracy and peace, are not devout Christians either. All religions I believe promote peace and kindness towards each other.
Muslims do not believe in Jesus. They consider Him a prophet. A historical figure, but nothing more.
Jews do not believe in Jesus either.
Muhammad is not prophet of Muslims, he is prophet of Islam. Even better, he is prophet of Allah.
You need to get your terminology straight, doing academic research. No one will be taking you seriously.

Of course it's same god, as you are talking 3 Abrahamic religions, given to the the son's of Abraham - Hebrews (Jews and Arabs included) - after Abraham signed covenant with god and by the same god.

As of all religions promoting peace.... I think Mayans would have had fun with this statement. So will Satanists, as it's a religion too. There have benn many very very bloody and malevolent religions in human history.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:32 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,507,234 times
They need to do a bit less declaring that their faith is right and a bit more wondering whether it really is.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:35 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,109,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Muslims are no different than Christians or Jews. It is like comparing the Red Sox to the Yankees. They seem different, but play the same sport.
Agreed.
Everyone who still clings to ancient boogeywoogie religious crap is not to be completely trusted ever. Muslim or any other religion.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:02 AM

22,860 posts, read 10,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Agreed.
Everyone who still clings to ancient boogeywoogie religious crap is not to be completely trusted ever. Muslim or any other religion.
I feel the same way about people who don't believe in a God. They shouldn't be trusted in the least, and why would anyone trust people like that? I think maybe we should have a list of names of all the people who don't believe in God so that we can know where they are before they destroy the nation.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:22 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,109,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I feel the same way about people who don't believe in a God. They shouldn't be trusted in the least, and why would anyone trust people like that? I think maybe we should have a list of names of all the people who don't believe in God so that we can know where they are before they destroy the nation.
I believe in god.
I don't need someone holding my hand and telling me how to do it and bullying me with arbitrary weirdo rules. Strangely, I lead a vastly more moral life than 99% of the people I know or come across, religious or not. Honesty, integrity, compassion, courtesy, honor...those actually mean something to me. Not something I've been scared into.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Don't believe in GOD, or don't believe in the same god you do?

I am just the opposite. I find those who run around proclaiming GOD and spouting JESUS every other word are not to be trusted.

Typically, I have found (85% of the time) these types feel entitled to CHEAT, MANIPULATE and OPPRESSION the gentile / unbeliever (unbeliever in relation to their POV)

We need a list of those who PUBLICLY PROCLAIM GOD so as to prevent them from destroying not just the nation, but the entire world.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:11 PM

7,572 posts, read 5,288,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Muslims do not believe in Jesus. They consider Him a prophet. A historical figure, but nothing more.
One would think that a prophet of god would rank a little bit more than just a historical figure. Perhaps with your academic training and all you would have stated that Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet of god but not his son.

Quote:
Muhammad is not prophet of Muslims, he is prophet of Islam. Even better, he is prophet of Allah.
More correctly, Muhammad is a prophet of god. While it seems to be a penchant of Muslim critics to use the Arabic nomenclature for god, I suspect to argue the point that the god of the Muslims is not the god of any of the other Abrahamic religions, but Allah, is God, just as Yahweh, Dios or any other name given to the man in the sky by believers in their native tongue.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:45 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,639,412 times
Quote:
So you are a Christian and are laying judgement upon those who do not believe in God? How ironic...and offensive. I do not believe in God, but I am kind, generous, compassionate. I don't lie, steal, gossip or participate in violence. Someone can tell me their deepest darkest secrets and I will keep it to myself.
And yet, you would not trust me....so odd.

As goes destroying the nation- leave that to the government. I am disgusted and fearful of the things happening in the U.S, all the hate and division that has come about in the last few years.

Of Muslims I have known, they are just everyday people. Some have strong opinions, but most are kind and peaceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality