Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I'm Tired of the gay marriage threads!
Yes 18 35.29%
Yes, but I still think gay marriage is evil. 9 17.65%
No 12 23.53%
No, because we must talk about it in order to help others. 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 11:28 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I don't know what the problem is here....If I see a program on TV that I don't like, then I simply change the channel, or shut off the TV....Nobody is twisting arms forcing anyone to read gay threads, just ignore them if you don't like them.
I agree and if people don't like my viewpoints, no one is forcing you to read them. You should know by now what you are going to get from me. I find it kinda funny that a thread complaining about all the gay threads has only spawned into yet another big gay thread. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 11:37 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Personally I think there are at least a dozen new gay/gay marriage threads. I find it redundant, tiresome, and somewhat bigoted. (is bigoted a word?) Thoughts?
Then why are you starting another one? And never mind the glaringly obvious fact that you no one's forcing you to click, read, or comment on the existing gay marriage threads.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:38 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Actually I find the gay threads very educational....It gives me a peek into the dark minds of fundamentalists....

Last edited by sanspeur; 07-06-2015 at 12:24 PM..

Old 07-06-2015, 12:18 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Is that you, ?

-NoCapo
People with any limits or don't care what gays do are regarded as the bad guys ... yeah, thats the way to be. you are so awake no copa

Old 07-06-2015, 12:26 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,786,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
People with any limits or don't care what gays do are regarded as the bad guys ... yeah, thats the way to be. you are so awake no copa
Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounded like you were espousing "separate but equal". They should just go make their own gay bakeries, gay churches, drink from gay water fountains, go in the gay entrance, of public buildings, etc...

We have seen how well that approach works...

-NoCapo

Old 07-06-2015, 12:28 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Which doesn't address the basic moral argument that it is wrong to force Christians to go against their beliefs, on college campus or not.
Who is FORCING them to take the colleges funding and use their facilities? No one.

They can choose to cut ties with the college then they won't have to follow the colleges rules.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:31 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Not when your 14 Amendment rights trashes our 1st Amendment rights. We simply believe all people are equal human beings. Sexual orientation doesn't identify a person. We don't believe that a group should get special rights because they choose to identify that way and engage in immoral lifestyles. A special right would be demanding a business service your wedding.
Gays do not have "special rights" since the laws say you can not discriminate based on sexual orientation. Heterosexual is a sexual orientation too.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Who is FORCING them to take the colleges funding and use their facilities? No one.

They can choose to cut ties with the college then they won't have to follow the colleges rules.
What does that have to do with the argument? It is still an example of gays forcing themselves into religious groups that don't want them as leaders.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Gays do not have "special rights" since the laws say you can not discriminate based on sexual orientation. Heterosexual is a sexual orientation too.
Something tells me that if I complained to a gay baker about not making me a cake, I wouldn't be rewarded thousands of dollars by the state.

Because the oh so tolerant LBGT community has no problem refusing to bake a cake for Christians:

Quote:

Despite anti-discrimination laws in many states that require Christian bakery owners to bake cakes for same-sex weddings, 13 LGBT and gay-owned bakeries objected to one man's request when he asked if they'd make a pro-traditional marriage cake that would read "gay marriage is wrong." All refused to back the cake and one person even cursed at the Christian man for "hate speech" and said a cake supporting traditional marriage "went against their beliefs."

13 Gay Bakeries Refuse to Make Traditional Marriage Cake With the Message: 'Gay Marriage Is Wrong'

What happened to "it's the law!" The hypocrisy is outstanding.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Something tells me that if I complained to a gay baker about not making me a cake, I wouldn't be rewarded thousands of dollars by the state.

Because the oh so tolerant LBGT community has no problem refusing to bake a cake for Christians:

13 Gay Bakeries Refuse to Make Traditional Marriage Cake With the Message: 'Gay Marriage Is Wrong'

What happened to "it's the law!" The hypocrisy is outstanding.
What a silly site. Chock-full of breathless Christian hysteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality