Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 11:33 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times

Advertisements

When I saw this thread title, I was certain that it was in jest or tongue-in-cheek. Because in a sane world, like the world I lived my earlier years in, it most certainly would be.

But no. Another sad reminder that everything is inside out and upside down now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 11:39 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I suppose christian sharia law would be more lke the advancement the evangelical fundie is anticipating?
What about secular, or gay sharia law?

Old 07-09-2015, 11:41 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
We want nothing to do with gay marriage. NOTHING.
As you've been told previously, Jeff. You are not someone your gay neighbors will invite over for drinks and a BBQ. Stop worrying. Just stay in your house and enjoy your stockpiled rations.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:45 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What about secular, or gay sharia law?
Example of gay sharia law? OXYMORON since LGBT is NOT a religion...

SECULAR LAW--you might know this better by another name--CONSTITUTIONAL LAW...

sha·ri·a
SHəˈrēə/
noun
EVANGELICAL FUNDIE canonical law based on the teachings of the BIBLE and the traditions of the god-n-the-tiny-box, prescribing both religious and secular duties and sometimes retributive penalties for lawbreaking. It has generally been supplemented by legislation adapted to the conditions of the day, though the manner in which it should be applied in modern states is a subject of dispute between EVANGELICAL FUNDIES and RATIONAL CHRISTIANS

BOLD WORDS ARE MY EDITS>...

Old 07-09-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Example of gay sharia law? OXYMORON since LGBT is NOT a religion...

SECULAR LAW--you might know this better by another name--CONSTITUTIONAL LAW...

sha·ri·a
SHəˈrēə/
noun
EVANGELICAL FUNDIE canonical law based on the teachings of the BIBLE and the traditions of the god-n-the-tiny-box, prescribing both religious and secular duties and sometimes retributive penalties for lawbreaking. It has generally been supplemented by legislation adapted to the conditions of the day, though the manner in which it should be applied in modern states is a subject of dispute between EVANGELICAL FUNDIES and RATIONAL CHRISTIANS

BOLD WORDS ARE MY EDITS>...
If you don't bow the knee to the new fascism, you get smacked down, as this thread has demonstrated.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:59 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
If you don't bow the knee to the new fascism, you get smacked down, as this thread has demonstrated.
Yes, fundamentalists are getting spanked.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 07-09-2015 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: Too contentious.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:00 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
I don't consider advancement of immorality to be progress.
I don't consider equal treatment for all to be immoral.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:03 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Discrimination is not criminal activity. It is a civil offense.
You're right; I misspoke.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:13 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:

So let us assume for the moment that fascism is now defined as wanting that any person who has the legal right to buy a legal product or service is not prevented from doing so by discrimination based on the person's race, relgion, gender or sexual orientation.

So what is your proposal? Do you want to to sexual orientation off of the list of peoples who cannot be discriminated against, do you wish to have it written in the anti discrimination laws that people can discrminate to whomever they want on the basis of the person's religious beliefs? Are these rights extended only to business owners or are employees in the private sector also allowed these religious rights? What about those in the public sector or those who work in essential services? Is the permission to discriminate that you want only for same sex marriage or against anything that homosexuals may do such as buy or rent a home?

And I really do not like the demand for people to be treated fairly as required by the law as fascism.. If my four grandparents had not emmigrated to North America they would not have survived the real fasist so I do not see how anyone saying that a person who objects to another person treating a customer unfairly and puts in onto social media that they did so and is a fascist.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So let us assume for the moment that fascism is now defined as wanting that any person who has the legal right to buy a legal product or service is not prevented from doing so by discrimination based on the person's race, relgion, gender or sexual orientation.
Why? Who is suggesting that that? I'm certainly not. I'm not advocating for discrimination based on any of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality