Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:40 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninersfan82 View Post
. I pray for God to take away my same sex attraction so I don't feel the need to act on it, but he hasn't taken it away and I have been praying for a long time..
You Christians always say god doesn't answer all prayers because they're not compatible with his will.

He's not answering this one because there isn't anything to fix. There's nothing wrong with you.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:41 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
I just don't understand why God even allows homosexuality to exist if it is something that he hates so much. God is supposed to be almighty. Why can't God make everyone have attraction to the opposite sex so they don't have to worry about going to hell? I cannot control the fact that being with the same sex is what makes me happy. I wish I could just be with a woman (im a male) and just be happy but I can't . I pray for God to take away my same sex attraction so I don't feel the need to act on it, but he hasn't taken it away and I have been praying for a long time. Every day I can't even enjoy life because I am scared as hell of hell. Even if God turns me straight , most women aren't going to want to be with a man with a homosexual past. I feel like I am screwed. I am so jealous of straight people because they are the norm and get to have the blessing of their family when choosing a partner for marriage and get to have kids the natural way . It must be nice if you are straight, not having to worry about God sending you to hell for who you are.

If you have successfully gotten out of the gay/bi lifestyle to become straight and you are happy, please help me to do what you have done.
Be happy with yourself. If you are gay then you are.

IF YOU ARE NOT, THEN YOU ARE NOT>

I think may be thou dost protest too much.

How can a God of LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE send anyone to "hell" for being who they were born to be.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:42 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
I just don't understand why God even allows homosexuality to exist if it is something that he hates so much. God is supposed to be almighty. Why can't God make everyone have attraction to the opposite sex so they don't have to worry about going to hell? I cannot control the fact that being with the same sex is what makes me happy. I wish I could just be with a woman (im a male) and just be happy but I can't . I pray for God to take away my same sex attraction so I don't feel the need to act on it, but he hasn't taken it away and I have been praying for a long time. Every day I can't even enjoy life because I am scared as hell of hell. Even if God turns me straight , most women aren't going to want to be with a man with a homosexual past. I feel like I am screwed. I am so jealous of straight people because they are the norm and get to have the blessing of their family when choosing a partner for marriage and get to have kids the natural way . It must be nice if you are straight, not having to worry about God sending you to hell for who you are.

If you have successfully gotten out of the gay/bi lifestyle to become straight and you are happy, please help me to do what you have done.
G-d gave man free will...We are all born with a Yetzer HaRa (bad inclination) and a Yetzer HaTov (good inclination), it is you who are responsible for choosing which one you follow, not G-d...If you concentrate on your Yetzer HaTov, the better a person you wi become but, the more you give in to your Yetzer HaRa, the worse a person you become...I would advise looking up the 613 Mitzvot (sayings) of G-d and focusing on performing one Miztvah a day till they become second nature to you...The 613 Mitzvot are divided into 365 positive Mitzvot and 248 negative Mitzvot...Again, you are responsible for the effort...There is no magic formula or prayer and you can pray that G-d takes it from you all you want but that's not going to happen, you have to do it...G-d states the way to salvation is simply to repent and stop sinning...That simple...

Old 07-08-2015, 06:43 AM

618 posts, read 540,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It's also the good news as far as many Christians are concerned.
Hello old_cold.

This may be true, but I no longer feel comfortable speaking as one of them.

Thanks.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:46 AM

618 posts, read 540,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
YOU are perfect just as you are.
This.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:52 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
I don't know how anybody with 1/2 a brain can stay in fundamentalism after the age of 25. They should have been questioning "literallism" since the age of 12. I blame the parents. Get as far away from them as possible. They are dangerous. It is was Jesus meant by breaking up the family. If your family is stupid, it doesn't mean you have to be. And stupid may turn on you if they know you aint stupid.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:56 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:

How terrible. STOP

God has not taken away your attraction to men? Perhaps that is because God has no issue with it.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:12 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I don't know how anybody with 1/2 a brain can stay in fundamentalism after the age of 25. They should have been questioning "literallism" since the age of 12. I blame the parents. Get as far away from them as possible. They are dangerous. It is was Jesus meant by breaking up the family. If your family is stupid, it doesn't mean you have to be. And stupid may turn on you if they know you aint stupid.
I was closer to 50 before I got out and didn't begin to question literalism until I was well into my 40s. Does that mean I only have an 1/8 of a brain cell?

My parents are good people, by the way. Like all people, they have faults, and I don't deny that their fundamentalist brand of Christianity did a lot of damage, but it didn't change the fact that at their core, they are good people who were just trying to do their best.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:24 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:

This doesn't sound real to me. I assume you are just trying to make a point about how ridiculous it is to try to pray the gay away? I agree, that there is no way as a straight person I would date or marry someone with a "homosexual past" because I don't believe sexual orientation is something that changes. Even when I was a fundamentalist being told that WAS possible, I instinctively knew better. When my sister became involved with a gay Christian man who was trying to change and she was intent on marrying him, I knew it would be a mistake. He, himself, broke it off with her and I'm grateful for that.

Anyway, if by some chance this post is sincere, I'm sorry you've been made to feel this way. God isn't sending anyone to hell. But if God really was the type that would let people exist in unimaginable torment for eternity for being gay or for any other reason, we are ALL screwed. That would be one evil God.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:30 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
God doesn't make us anything. God gave us freewill and you do with it what you want to include defying the existence of God. There was a similar thread here: //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...eelings-i.html and I posted links in that one.

If you think that other people don't have a tendency toward sin, you would be wrong. We all have tendencies toward sin but it is what we do with them that count. You make the choice. So many people want immediate gratification and don't worry about the ever after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality