Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 03:58 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,568 times

Advertisements

Leviticus 17:10
And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eats any manner of blood;
I will even set my face against that soul that eats blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
I have given to you the soma of wine of the soul [which] is upon the altar-of-atonement of your souls: for the wine of the soul (Holy Spirit) atones.
Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourns among you eat blood.

Soma - Religion-wiki

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the wine of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Today when we want to wash something we use detergent. A detergent is a special kind of molecule that has two parts. One part binds to water and the other part binds to oil. In the old days if they didn't have detergents. They had alcohol. Alcohol is a very primitive form of detergent.

Wine "of Jesus" translated into english would be wine "from hell".
In other words it's what we would call hard alcohol. Pure alcohol 
We still use it to clean things even today

Old 07-14-2015, 04:00 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
Hey, Ill drink to that!

Old 07-14-2015, 04:22 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Hey, Ill drink to that!
Beat me to the toast! Next round is on me...

Old 07-14-2015, 04:23 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eats any manner of blood;
I will even set my face against that soul that eats blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
I have given to you the soma of wine of the soul [which] is upon the altar-of-atonement of your souls: for the wine of the soul (Holy Spirit) atones.
Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourns among you eat blood.

Soma - Religion-wiki

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the wine of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Today when we want to wash something we use detergent. A detergent is a special kind of molecule that has two parts. One part binds to water and the other part binds to oil. In the old days if they didn't have detergents. They had alcohol. Alcohol is a very primitive form of detergent.

Wine and other hard spirits were an excellent cleaner of sorts. Ancient people didn't understand about waterborne pathogenic microorganisms, but they did know from experience that mixing alcoholic beverages with water was healthful.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:16 PM

They fully understood the idea of microorganisms.

According to Genesis microorganisms were created on day 4.

Jesus often talked about leaven

Old 07-14-2015, 05:31 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times
Quote:
They fully understood the idea of microorganisms.

According to Genesis microorganisms were created on day 4.

Jesus often talked about leaven
They understood that certain agents like yeast added to the dough would cause bread to rise. They did not understand that this action was cause by microorganisms releasing carbon dioxide into the dough because the microscope would not be invented until some 1500 years after the time of Jesus' death.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:

Soma - Religion-wiki

Nope, it would be "cleansing wine" or "wine for purifying", as they could clean and purify things. Hell does not do that.

Wine is just one of God's better gifts.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:22 PM

I wonder what is meant by "altar-of-atonement of your souls"

Old 12-24-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:

Soma - Religion-wiki

This is an example of "what happened to Christianity"

Edit: now that thread has been shut down. Nothing suspicious about that!

Quote:
How capitalism really works:

First someone works really hard to produce a good high quality product and turn that into a successful business which then becomes famous for its high quality item.

Then some faceless Corporation buys up that business and uses its good name to sell some cheap mass-produced piece of crap which people stupidly continue to buy because in their minds they associate it with the high quality item that was produced before even though that high quality item is in fact no longer being made.

This is what happened to Kentucky Fried Chicken and twinkies and virtually every snack cake that I can think of. It also seems to be what happened to Christianity.

Last edited by granpa; 12-24-2017 at 06:24 AM..

Old 12-24-2017, 08:25 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,045,846 times
Soapmaking has been around since Babylonian times. Remnants of soap have been found in clay vessels dating to 2800BCE. The basic ingredients, fat and ash, are incredibly common.

As Leviticus was written approximately 1400 BCE, it stands to reason that soap was common, with no need to substitute alcohol.

Your notion fails
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality