Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:43 PM

920 posts, read 931,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I agree that Josh is not the only one at fault....I was not talking about the law, but about the fact that Josh will have to deal with and suppress his attraction to children for his entire life.
Oh ok.I am not so sure about that ^^ he was awfully young. Had he had been even a few years older, I would say that is more likely than not he'd be dealing with those feelings. Trying to contain them.. But there are so many kids that age who do that kind of stuff, and most turn out just fine. It is not normal but it is not that uncommon either. Again, add a few years and I'd be much more concerned
Quote:
I'm having a real hard time understanding why a woman would bear more children than she can properly handle all for the sake of a stupid reality show....That is insane.
What they do not tell you is...years back I saw an interview. I haven't found it since. They were living in a 1200 sq foot home, two bathrooms with 10 children. That is 12 people in a tiny house. Probably wouldn't be such a big deal except it's a Cult. They have no outside interaction really, just people of their parents choosing. Now confined to a small space.

Oh and later in interviews, they made out as if their money came from the fathers earnings, it didn't. It came from their tv show, being a celebrity. Prior...my guess is much of their income came from food stamps and welfare. Don't get me wrong, welfare is a great resource. But it is being abused when someone keeps getting knocked up on purpose. Even if you are involved in Politics in any form

At the time I saw the interview, I saw a couple explaining how they felt entitled to bear children. As if God granted these kids to them and they did nothing, absolutely nothing,not even had sex. As if these kids just fell from the sky. I am saddened about the molestations but the abuse these kids have endured, just the spiritual abuse by their own parents to me, is much worse. The kids don't even go to church as Dad is their pastor. Even their so called Homeschool is affilated with a very controversial man called Bill Goddard? someone who promotes beating infants. Abuse is what he's been taught. Josh is at risk for injuring a child, not just molesting them. The whole thing is such a mess it's not funny. Then when CPS came a knockin, they felt so entitled and above the system they refused to let them in to check on the other kids. I feel bad those girls got touched while they were sleeping but imho, what the parents do to ALL of the children is a higher level of abuse of all forms. Including sexual, even their religious teachings make the children out to feel like sex objects. Josh may have repeated the cycle later, I don't know. But he TRIED earlier to get himself help, he was motivated to divulge some pretty dirty acts to get straightened out. Versus his parents who feel entitled to people's devotion despite their own severe child abuse. The parents are the most prolific perps imho

Last edited by OutdoorsyGal; 07-18-2015 at 08:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 03:08 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Oh ok.I am not so sure about that ^^ he was awfully young. Had he had been even a few years older, I would say that is more likely than not he'd be dealing with those feelings. Trying to contain them.. But there are so many kids that age who do that kind of stuff, and most turn out just fine. It is not normal but it is not that uncommon either. Again, add a few years and I'd be much more concerned

snip

Come to work with me and meet 12, 13 and 14 year or sexual offenders--all of whom were abused as early as 6 or 7 years of age. Both MALES and FEMALES.

WRONG..Most kids do not sneak into their siblings rooms at night and MOLEST them REPEATEDLY. This is CRIMINAL and psychologically twisted.

Did you or you siblings participate in sexually abusing each other? NO How many of your friends sexually molested each other? The answer is NONE, because it is RARE that this kind of SEXUAL abuse happens. We are not talking "experimenting" or "doctor." We are talking, sneaking into a room, where young girls (HIS SISTER, AND A FAMILY FEMALE FAMILY FRIEND) are SLEEPING. and feeling them up without their consent (consent in this case would be incest,no consent is RAPE and ABUSE)

Any more that if you had a friend over and they walked in on you while sleeping and abused you, whether not you "knew" it, it is still RAPE and ABUSE.

There is NO SCRIPTURAL JUSTIFICATION FOR RAPE OR SEXUAL ABUSE. PRECEDENT MAYBE, JUSTIFICATION NO..

Old 07-19-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Come to work with me and meet 12, 13 and 14 year or sexual offenders--all of whom were abused as early as 6 or 7 years of age. Both MALES and FEMALES.

WRONG..Most kids do not sneak into their siblings rooms at night and MOLEST them REPEATEDLY. This is CRIMINAL and psychologically twisted.

Did you or you siblings participate in sexually abusing each other? NO How many of your friends sexually molested each other? The answer is NONE, because it is RARE that this kind of SEXUAL abuse happens. We are not talking "experimenting" or "doctor." We are talking, sneaking into a room, where young girls (HIS SISTER, AND A FAMILY FEMALE FAMILY FRIEND) are SLEEPING. and feeling them up without their consent (consent in this case would be incest,no consent is RAPE and ABUSE)

Any more that if you had a friend over and they walked in on you while sleeping and abused you, whether not you "knew" it, it is still RAPE and ABUSE.

There is NO SCRIPTURAL JUSTIFICATION FOR RAPE OR SEXUAL ABUSE. PRECEDENT MAYBE, JUSTIFICATION NO..
You are pulling the typical shannanigan, quoting only part of my post. Then conjuring up lies out of your own deranged mind attributing them to others. STOP it.

This is what I said which you sneakily OMITTED
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal
I would say that is more likely than not he'd be dealing with those feelings. Trying to contain them.. But there are so many kids that age who do that kind of stuff, and most turn out just fine. It is not normal but it is not that uncommon either. Again, add a few years and I'd be much more concerned
Yes most kids OF THAT AGE turn out alright because they are so close in age to a child versus an ADULT. A 14 year old is not a 16 year old.

Don't bother telling me to come to work with you when that WAS my line of work. That is my personal and professional experience when it comes to boys THAT AGE. Nor do you have the right to perpetuate these crimes by telling those who were children when they were committed that they have some life curse to continue battling that urge and how they will likely fail and hurt someone. How dare you! The child is barely 14.
I do not want you lying to twist my post to say something deranged your own x rated mind has conjured up. This barely 14 year old who begged for help numerous times has more likely of a chance to get better since that was his goal. All you want to see are perversions attributed to someone who is well into adulthood now. A higher risk? Yes more than the kid who never touched his sisters inappropriately sure.

What is this..."Feeling them up" without consent? don't exaggerate. They didn't get FELT UP, that's YOUR mind wandering. Control yourself.
They didn't even wake up so the touch was much more likely to be VERY GENTLE. A TOUCH NOT A FEELING UP. The girls never woke up, if someone felt me up I would WAKE UP. Light touch, probably not so much.

Your mind is going a bit wild here in the perverted realm, stop it. Please control those x rated impulses and don't attribute your sexual thoughts to the story or myself. Or other posters. Stick with the facts please.

I have no time to correct the LIES you conjur up in your head as defenses for violating innocent girls.Nor do I believe this is your line of work. Take a breather. You are rambling on making up fables as if to say scripture supports this, it does not. Own your own lies, don't attribute your agenda to anyone else. Get yourself some help, good luck to you. I wish you the best in dealing with these issues within yourself

Last edited by OutdoorsyGal; 07-19-2015 at 04:54 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
Why do you keep saying he was 13?

It is documented that he was caught when he was 14 and continued to be a repeat offender until he was 15, after they started locking up the girl's bedrooms.
That is NOT what I read from multiple sources. He just turned 14 upon the last act.The age is very important for us who've been in this line of work prior. So if you know differently, my post will change dramatically I'll tell you that. I'll check on this again, thanks so much for pointing it out. If true, that is a HUGE difference. At 15, it becomes really iffy. At 16, the recidivism rate increases dramatically.

This harboring a child molester by the parents, the putting of all of the family at risk, the perversions they deal with themselves of seeing their own children as sex objects, well personally the chances of Jim Bob being a Child molester since he has the mentality is GREAT. And the fact they refused CPS to even check on the kids, this is a very dangerous family. A very dangerous Cult. It also appears they beat their children with an object which I think was obvious to anyone who saw the show. CHildren do not act this way, they each would be at a friends house or doing their own thing. Yet you see all the kids on almost every show. So many signs of child abuse + proven child abuse. To not break this family up so the kids can have a chance at a normal childhood would be a travesty

Old 07-19-2015, 05:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
It also appears they beat their children with an object which I think was obvious to anyone who saw the show.
The Duggars use a "rod" on their children. It is mentioned by one of the victims in the police report. Jim Bob and Michelle will never impress people with their intelligence... but they're smart enough to know the TLC gravy train would not have existed had America seen Jim Bob using that rod.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-19-2015 at 05:17 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 05:50 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
You are pulling the typical shannanigan, quoting only part of my post. Then conjuring up lies out of your own deranged mind attributing them to others. STOP it.

This is what I said which you sneakily OMITTED

Yes most kids OF THAT AGE turn out alright because they are so close in age to a child versus an ADULT. A 14 year old is not a 16 year old.

Don't bother telling me to come to work with you when that WAS my line of work. That is my personal and professional experience when it comes to boys THAT AGE. Nor do you have the right to perpetuate these crimes by telling those who were children when they were committed that they have some life curse to continue battling that urge and how they will likely fail and hurt someone. How dare you! The child is barely 14.
I do not want you lying to twist my post to say something deranged your own x rated mind has conjured up. This barely 14 year old who begged for help numerous times has more likely of a chance to get better since that was his goal. All you want to see are perversions attributed to someone who is well into adulthood now. A higher risk? Yes more than the kid who never touched his sisters inappropriately sure.

What is this..."Feeling them up" without consent? don't exaggerate. They didn't get FELT UP, that's YOUR mind wandering. Control yourself.
They didn't even wake up so the touch was much more likely to be VERY GENTLE. A TOUCH NOT A FEELING UP. The girls never woke up, if someone felt me up I would WAKE UP. Light touch, probably not so much.

Your mind is going a bit wild here in the perverted realm, stop it. Please control those x rated impulses and don't attribute your sexual thoughts to the story or myself. Or other posters. Stick with the facts please.

I have no time to correct the LIES you conjur up in your head as defenses for violating innocent girls.Nor do I believe this is your line of work. Take a breather. You are rambling on making up fables as if to say scripture supports this, it does not. Own your own lies, don't attribute your agenda to anyone else. Get yourself some help, good luck to you. I wish you the best in dealing with these issues within yourself

So your contention is, in your line of work, that of the many children who commit sexual abuse, they turn out just fine?

Where do you work? Lobotomies R Us?

I am saying that there are NOT many kids who commit sexual assault, and of those who do the majority were VICTIMS of sexual assault, and MANY continue to commit sexual crimes with or without intensive therapy.

What exactly did Josh do to his sisters? HE TOUCHED THEM..that is the definition of an ASSAULT--PHYSICAL CONTACT. He has admitted he TOUCHED the girls.

Nor do you have the right to perpetuate these crimes by telling those who were children when they were committed that they have some life curse to continue battling that urge and how they will likely fail and hurt someone. How dare you! The child is barely 14.

Who is twisting and perverting words now? This I never said. Obviously you feel a group hug and a quick KUM-BY-YA will heal the perpetrator and life will be beautiful ever after.

Statistics say 80% will; fail, not all...I do not write the statistics, they are just fact. Let me know how many sex offenders you want living next door to your children.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:47 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
15 years ago. And every one of those kids has grown up and appears to be well-adjusted, productive adults.
Correct.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You're aware that the girls have spoken up and said they were not even aware of it, right?

Correct. Even though at least two daughters reported the molestation to their father in 2002 and 2003 (according to JimBob's statement to the police in 2006), they now say they were unaware of any molestation.

Since both statements can not be true, we are left to draw our own conclusions.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
The Duggars have turned the term "Christian values" into an oxymoron. Of course the show should be yanked off tv! I do blame the parents, their brood was so big that they couldn't raise them. They created the problem by having the older children "parent" their younger siblings. The molestations should have been seen as a sign that they should stop breeding, because they can't handle their large family. Instead the Duggers continued to breed. Michelle accepted a mother of the year award, while sweeping the molestations under the rug. Don't you get disgusted when you read about people hoarding cats? The Duggers did their hoarding with innocent children.
Totally agree. They are not the least bit wholesome. Blanket training is nothing but child abuse.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Correct. Even though at least two daughters reported the molestation to their father in 2002 and 2003 (according to JimBob's statement to the police in 2006), they now say they were unaware of any molestation.

Since both statements can not be true, we are left to draw our own conclusions.
Thank you for this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality