Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 02:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm not the one that started spewing hate, naming names and trying to hijack this thread into a whine session about LGBTQUADZEOFWAS or whatever other letter you want to come up with this week. Honestly...is it possible to have a discussion that isn't about sex on this board?
It's LGBTQ. Lesbian - Gay - Bi - Trans - Questioning.

Write that down. You don't get to add letters in an attempt to make yet another snarky comment about the LGBTQ community.

That's hateful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 02:54 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's LGBTQ. Lesbian - Gay - Bi - Trans - Questioning.

Write that down. You don't get to add letters in an attempt to make yet another snarky comment about the LGBTQ community.

That's hateful.
For now, anyway. No telling what letters will be added and when.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
In every mention of LGBTQ, I have never once thought of sex. I do not think of you and sex either.
So you don't think of sex when you discuss peopel that only idenfity according to who they have sex with? Unless you think being gay is about more than that? Is it about faaaaaaaaaaaaabulous shoes? Or strange costumes in pride parades?

Old 07-25-2015, 03:03 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
I tend to think this is just an extension of might makes right style morality. Just because a being knows more then you, has a broader perspective, does not mean that that being is morally right or that it has your best interests at heart.

To use your example:
It's like a child criticizing a parent for not allowing him to run in traffic....
"Waaagh....but I want to get my ball!!!"
But we would never argue that the child is wrong in this case:
"Waaagh....but I don't want to take my clothes off and touch Uncle Ned there!!!"
Even though the child has been instructed by an adult who is clearly more knowledgable, and has a much broader view... We would never say that the child is just being self-centered and doesn't understand the big picture.

So why would we uncritically and reflexively justify God in that way? Why should we jusdge God in any other way than we do any other moral actor? If anything God should be held to a higher standard, not excused.

-NoCapo
Uncle Ned is just teaching them the facts of life.

One of which is that you occasionally have creepy pedo uncles.

I think there is a case to be made either way. There are clearly things that God can do to us that will very much screw us over. There is also something to be said for a being having thousands of years on you, and presumably having your best interests in mind. But this does not mean beyond question.

LGBT here. The T part. I do not do what I do because of sex. I neither want to trick men by convincing people that I'm a woman nor sneak into ladies rooms. Sorry, not the case.

I am into women. I am into women who are into me, the truth of all that I am. That means if they assume I'm a guy, see ya. If they see me as a girl, also not so. I'm genderfluid, who I am is a whole. I am pretty much not into men, because many of the men I've met range from creepy to outright scary. Is it all about sex? No more than any other person. I go to work, I volunteer, I have friends I hang out with, etc.

Do gays just think about sex? No more than other people. It's a preference. There are some guys that have low sex drive, and some that think about sex all the time. They want sex with women all the time, while others are okay if they're virgins basically. There are also guys that are into women but have horrible game. The difference between this and a lesbian? Not much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ZnYHOIMaM

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 07-25-2015 at 03:21 PM..

Old 07-25-2015, 03:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
For now, anyway. No telling what letters will be added and when.
That is up to the members of the LGBTQ community to decide.

If you become a member of the LGBTQ community you can help decide. Let us know if you change your name.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:11 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
So you don't think of sex when you discuss peopel that only idenfity according to who they have sex with? Unless you think being gay is about more than that? Is it about faaaaaaaaaaaaabulous shoes? Or strange costumes in pride parades?
No. No more than I think sex when talking with you. Is your marriage simply about sex and having sex?

If you think being gay to be about your faaaaaaabulous shoe collection I suggest you make some friends in the LGBTQ community.

LBGTQ? I call them friends, family, neighbors, enlisted men, and women, lawyers, actors, designers, social workers, pastors, grandma, and grandpa. I do not think of sex, and never have.

Adding----Again if your biblical God leads you to this opinion, then that God needs a stern talking to. I suggest constructive criticism so God can learn and grow. You have to be willing to teach and learn.

I have never thought of sex when discussing, friends, family neighbors, enlisted men, and women, lawyers, actors, designers, social workers, pastors, grandma and grandpa who are hetero either.

I only think of sex in my personal life. Just like I do not think of sex when I discuss things with you.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 07-25-2015 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: adding.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
No. No more than I think sex when talking with you. Is your marriage simply about sex and having sex?

If you think being gay to be about your faaaaaaabulous shoe collection I suggest you make some friends in the LGBTQ community.

LBGTQ? I call them friends, family, neighbors, enlisted men, and women, lawyers, actors, designers, social workers, pastors, grandma, and grandpa. I do not think of sex, and never have.

I have never thought of sex when discussing, friends, family neighbors, enlisted men, and women, lawyers, actors, designers, social workers, pastors, grandma and grandpa who are hetero either.

I only think of sex in my personal life. Just like I do not think of sex when I discuss things with you.
I started to type a response point by point...but honestly? I don't care. I don't care to get baited into hijacking this thread anymore. If you care to discuss the original point of the thread, I'm up for it. But this accomplishes nothing.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:24 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
LGBT is really just about everyday life. See my post above (lagged and put it late). I don't think "man I'd like to bang the women in with me in this bathroom" despite being into women. I think, "I've gotta pee, and the dress is long, so I'm worried about dunking it in the toilet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLuLdIfG2Mg

Old 07-25-2015, 03:29 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,721 times
Quote:
Because he's God and we aren't.

Rom 9:18-21 "So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.
19 You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” 20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? "
Exactly my point. Might makes right. God can do anything he wants, because no body can make him do any differently. That of course, is a major theme of Job...

This is not a popular stance, becasue it makes hash of the idea of a good God. God is "good" only in the sense that no one is powerful enough to say otherwise, so just like Kim Jong Un, he is perfect and infallible. You don't believe Kim Jong Un is perfect and good? Go to North Korea and tell him otherwise to his face. Same way it worked in the book of Job.

It can also leads to some pretty ugly conclusions, like the idea that this good and loving God hates some people intrinsically, and decided before time itself that they would be created for eternal torment with no chance of redemption. That is hard to reconcile with "whosoever will" and "God so loved the world."

-NoCapo

Old 07-25-2015, 03:31 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,721 times
Quote:
I agree. If he was insecure and wrongfully vengeful, yes. But he's not. He is justified in punishing those that offend him. As the creator of the universe, he has the right to expect his creation actually do what he tells us to do. It's the petulant, needy, whiny people that think they don't need to that have the issue--not him.
Why does he have this "right"? What foundational moral principle conveys it upon Him? Where did this moral right come from?

-NoCapo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality