Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 04:57 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Did Satan write Mark 16:18?
Well, it was either him or Jesus...No one else was there to witness it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See there are fallen angels which God has rejected and these look like serpents in the Spirit ,............... like there are white serpents which hold spiritual authority on contention and strange religion ,.............. and red serpents which hold spiritual authority on pride and arrogance ,............... and yellow serpents which hold spiritual authority on timid ,............... and green serpents who hold spiritual authority on sexual perversion ,............... and giant serpents who hold spiritual authority on self promotion , ...............and even the talking serpent in the story of Adam and Eve was this satan who was called the father of liars ............... See it is these spiritual fallen angels serpents which Jesus said to promise not to hurt Christian who come in faith where poison of snakes in the natural would take more power of Christ to remove than the authority of the Christians believer in the spirit
Show me these fallen angels in the Scriptures....

Old 08-01-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The Bible says it would happen -- and it did. The apostle Paul is recorded in Acts as being bitten by a snake and he was not harmed. He did not go looking for a snake to dangle in front of his face. There is just no example for us to follow to test God in that way.
10Bring the whole of the tithes into the treasury so that there may be nourishment in My House, and test Me now therewith, says the Lord of Hosts, [to see] if I will not open for you the sluices of heaven and pour down for you blessing until there be no room to suffice for it.

Last edited by Richard1965; 08-01-2015 at 05:39 PM..

Old 08-01-2015, 05:57 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well, it was either him or Jesus...No one else was there to witness it...
Logically it could be that Jesus told others about his experience. How he faced his inner demons and how he triumphed...

Old 08-01-2015, 11:15 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
Oh so you are wondering why some accept circumcision but reject kissing snakes? Why accept some of it and not all of it? Why cherry pick?

That is like asking why there are so many sects within all the religions.

Because people like 'some' things' and not 'other' things and when it comes to the 'holy' books of those religions where the claim and belief is that those books are 'the word of G()D' - well - why then don't they do everything they are told by this G()D to do, including kissing snakes...?...the most likely answer is because the books ain't the word of 'G()D' and people are so easily hyped and mislead and used and abused and abusive in their beliefs and it is a nut-case world secular and religious notwithstanding.
You are still missing the point.

Why do fundamentalists - who a believe a lot of far fetched things, including things like a young earth, dinosaurs either aren't real or lived with humans, and Biblical inerrancy - look at these specific fundamentalists and say "That's nuts!" If someone believes the Bible is the literal word of God, full of commandments about what to do and what not to do, I want to know why this particular thing is "craaaaazy!" As if there is nothing "crazy" about other fundamentalist practices.

Maybe it's because they're actually afraid to follow this one?

Last edited by MoonBeam33; 08-01-2015 at 11:25 PM..

Old 08-01-2015, 11:30 PM

Are you saying that I am being 'fundamentalist'?

Old 08-02-2015, 10:48 AM

19,995 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Are you saying that I am being 'fundamentalist'?
Careful, now ... if you are offended at that label, by some people's lights, that proves the label correct, and justifies the use of the label. ;-)

Old 08-02-2015, 04:16 PM

I wasn't asking you the question because I was offended.

Now that is clear, I will ask you again.

"Are you saying that I am being 'fundamentalist'?"

Old 08-02-2015, 04:28 PM

19,995 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
I wasn't asking you the question because I was offended.

Now that is clear, I will ask you again.

"Are you saying that I am being 'fundamentalist'?"
It is Moonbeam's assertion, not mine. I was just interjecting.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:14 PM

17,796 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You are still missing the point.

Why do fundamentalists - who a believe a lot of far fetched things, including things like a young earth, dinosaurs either aren't real or lived with humans, and Biblical inerrancy - look at these specific fundamentalists and say "That's nuts!" If someone believes the Bible is the literal word of God, full of commandments about what to do and what not to do, I want to know why this particular thing is "craaaaazy!" As if there is nothing "crazy" about other fundamentalist practices.

Maybe it's because they're actually afraid to follow this one?
It's not that understand the point you are making. However, to add as a corollary to your point, many Biblical scholars question whether the last few verses of Mark are authentic (including 16:18) as they are not included in the oldest known manuscripts of Mark.

The funny part is that many fundies will accept these findings by these erudite scholars but will vociferously object to the hundreds of other discrepancies that these SAME scholars find in other parts of the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality