Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 09:36 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,770,079 times

Advertisements

Normally I don't believe in revelations or any other predictions from the bible but I do believe that the people who wrote the bible were very wise and knew mans nature and therefore could make certain predictions based on the history of man and the unchanging nature of human beings. But there is something about the 666 revelation that is different and has been in the back of my mind on and off for a long time. The revelation states that the beast will come out of the sea and set up a world wide government. Now consider that the D-Day invasion of Europe officially commenced on the 6th hour of the 6th day of the 6th month. 666. And who were those powers that directed that invasion of Europe but believers in a one world government. Hence since WW2 those victorious powers have been trying to set up a one world government. A strange coincidence that the biblical revelation and D-Day invasion are so identical.

According to the last book in the Bible, 666 is the number, or name, of the wild beast with seven heads and ten horns that comes out of the sea. (Revelation 13:1, 17, 18) This beast is a symbol of the worldwide political system, which rules over “every tribe and people and tongue and nation.” (Revelation 13:7) The name 666 identifies the political system as a gross failure in God’s sight. How?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 10:35 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,318,358 times
Uhh ... since when did Eisenhower, Montgomery, Patton, or Bradley want to set up a one world government? Or even FDR, Churchill, DeGaulle, or Stalin?

There's no evidence whatsoever that anyone involved in the D-Day landing had any inkling of setting up a government like that. The most that occurred was the formation of the United Nations -- which falls awfully short of a one world government.

I don't believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible and Revelations is nothing but the ramblings of a madman most likely talking about Rome.

Anyhow, I'm an atheist, so I'm pretty sure you understand by that alone what my opinion is of the Bible and other religious holy books.

But I will say this: IF for some screwy reason it turned out that the Bible was real, I would be pretty convinced that the "credit score" is the number of the beast -- even considering that up until recently a score of 666 was pretty damn good.

The story itself is rather nonsensical -- everyone knows the 666 story so who the hell would ever accept it? We would see 666 coming from a light year away and the power of the masses would simply sidestep the entire issue.

Therefore, it would have to sneak up on us, and 666 couldn't have an obvious association. Thus, the ubiquitous credit score, one of the worst things ever "invented" in the last 100 years. Sure, a credit score was and would be okay if it was used ONLY for bank loan worthiness. But no, not anymore.

Now that damn number can keep you from being able to rent an apartment, find or hold a job, get utilities turned on, obtain reasonable insurance premiums, and all kinds of things. It's being used for things it was never invented or meant to be used for.

Now ... you practically NEED a credit score to get anywhere in today's world. And having no credit is as bad as having lousy credit. This means you HAVE to go into debt just to get a score -- and you damn well better be able to pay back that loan right on time. But not TOO fast because they want to collect as much interest from you as humanly possible. Repaying a loan too quickly can actually cause your credit score to fall. Oh yeah ... there's no possible way you, me, or Einstein could ever work out how credit scores work.

There are simply too many rules, too many things that can improve or destroy your credit score. Even checking your credit score too many times will cause your score to drop. There's even a story about a CEO who had his credit score downgraded to the point where he could no longer take out loans for his company. When he pressed the issue, guess why that happened: It was because he was shopping at the same store where a lot of people with bad credit shop. Can you believe that BS? How can you even avoid something like that? It's nothing but a big fat money racket with invisible, unknowable rules which determine your credit worthiness -- and you have virtually NO control over it.

I dunnae about you, but if there WAS a "number of the beast," the credit score would be my guess.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:58 AM

1,422 posts, read 950,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
Normally I don't believe in revelations or any other predictions from the bible but I do believe that the people who wrote the bible were very wise and knew mans nature and therefore could make certain predictions based on the history of man and the unchanging nature of human beings. But there is something about the 666 revelation that is different and has been in the back of my mind on and off for a long time. The revelation states that the beast will come out of the sea and set up a world wide government. Now consider that the D-Day invasion of Europe officially commenced on the 6th hour of the 6th day of the 6th month. 666. And who were those powers that directed that invasion of Europe but believers in a one world government. Hence since WW2 those victorious powers have been trying to set up a one world government. A strange coincidence that the biblical revelation and D-Day invasion are so identical.

According to the last book in the Bible, 666 is the number, or name, of the wild beast with seven heads and ten horns that comes out of the sea. (Revelation 13:1, 17, 18) This beast is a symbol of the worldwide political system, which rules over “every tribe and people and tongue and nation.” (Revelation 13:7) The name 666 identifies the political system as a gross failure in God’s sight. How?
From you link

16 It puts under compulsion all people—the small and the great, the rich and the poor, the free and the slaves—that these should be marked on their right hand or on their forehead,+ 17 and that nobody can buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name+ of the wild beast or the number of its name.+ 18 This is where it calls for wisdom: Let the one who has insight calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man’s number,* and its number is 666.+

Symbolically 'the right hand' might refer to 'action' and the forehead as 'thought'.

In relation to buying and selling people are unable to do so without some form of signature which might relate to 'the mark of the beast' which is to say, the individual is the beast and their mark is their signature. Sign - nature.

What's in a 'name'?

Our name is the foundation our self identity.

We live on a planet which provides our sustenance freely. We have evolved to create systems which become the medium between the individual and the individual being provided for.

Those systems have been able to use their citizens as collateral. The individual belongs to the systems which govern those countries. People accept those systems as 'not perfect but the best that can be done' in relation to social structures.

'The beast' might well simply represent the human being who has not evolved beyond the basic thinking and self identifying required to move away from old paradigms and behaviors based upon possessiveness, taking advantage of the weak or peaceful, competition (rather than cooperation), etc....

Old 08-05-2015, 03:13 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,197,267 times
My address when I lived in NC was 668, I think I was a neighbor to the beast?

Old 08-05-2015, 06:21 AM

18,486 posts, read 9,145,601 times
666 was the winning number in a famous 1980 Pennsylvania Lottery drawing. No harm, no foul.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:58 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,134,586 times
It's just a number. It's no more the number of the beast than is 47.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:59 AM

22,129 posts, read 19,185,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
And having no credit is as bad as having lousy credit. This means you HAVE to go into debt just to get a score -- and you damn well better be able to pay back that loan right on time. But not TOO fast because they want to collect as much interest from you as humanly possible. It's nothing but a big fat money racket with invisible, unknowable rules which determine your credit worthiness -- and you have virtually NO control over it.
a person never has to pay any interest to establish and maintain a good credit rating, and a person has absolute control over it every step of the way.

There are plenty of credit cards that do not charge any interest, all a person has to do is get one of those, simply make a purchase each month, and pay the bill in full each month. That's it. This gives you a good credit score. Most banks offer a "first time" no-interest credit card for people wishing to establish good credit, such as college students or those without any credit history.

It does not have to cost you a penny in interest.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:00 AM

22,129 posts, read 19,185,845 times
There was a state road 666 in New Mexico, they changed the number of that road, but it is fun to see it on old maps.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:41 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,637,114 times
In the Bible 666 is the mark of superstition nothing more, nothing less. It is an arbitrary set of numbers. I agree with Shirina that 666 would count as a low credit score, but so would many other low numbers. I doubt the ancient goat herders knew anything about credit scores. Maybe the writers of the Bible chose the numbers 666 because they are easy to remember, and could keep fear into the minds of the literal readers of the Bible. Fortunately not everyone can be motivated by fictional fear.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:03 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,634,397 times
Superstition.

Do you freak out when you see a black cat?

Or when it's a full moon?

Or on Friday the 13th?

I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality