Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 03:43 PM

1,422 posts, read 950,635 times

Advertisements

From the thread "Has Anyone Here Ever Had An Out Of Body Experience?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
good question I would be interested to hear it discussed "for what reasons do people seek to induce out of body experience" whether it is in this thread or another, not sure if that is included in this particular thread topic or not but certainly a related topic of interest

I know in the 60s and 70s people talked a lot about deliberately taking psychotropics and other drugs for a variety of reasons, it would be interesting to see how the reasons compare to those nowadays seeking to induce out of body experiences
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Well, since you consider dreams an out of body experience, then I can speak to that. Have you ever had a dream where you were flying? It's fun. The entertainment factor of being able to have some control over what one experiences in their dreams would be one reason I would actively seek a lucid dream. Also curiosity and the possibility of exploring my dream world, and maybe even being able to benefit from that as a form of introspection and to spark creativity and strengthen intuition. Also, I'm intrigued by the possibility of there being a collective consciousness or some other way that people are able to connect with each other on a subconscious level and the potential that I might be able to become aware of that, or tap into it, through lucid dreaming.

There are many reasons why people choose to have OOBEs and for more information on that anyone can go to Astral Projection Messages Boards and read for themselves all the reasons "why".

From what I have read there are a number of different 'levels' involved in relation to the process from those just starting out right through to very accomplished astral projectionists.

Some do indeed use the ability for recreational purposes and promote this as being safer than drugs.

I have not read yet where fear and more importantly, facing fear have not been part of the whole process but that some have found it better than using pharmaceuticals or recreational drugs to subdue or bury their fears as a way of avoiding facing them.

The fear factor is really just entering into unknown realities which exist in relation to the human 'mind body soul spirit' etc... and those who have learned to face the fear not only learn from that but move through it.

Another thing which happens is that becoming awake to the existence of alternate realities allows the individual to see this physical reality in its proper place - not as 'the center of all existence' but rather, as a small part of a very large thing.

Also, the temptation to continue being caught up in physical reality drama has less of a hold on the individual because of this.

Still, every day we find ourselves back in this reality so the idea is to bring back with us what we learn from this alternate experience called 'Astral'. Fearlessness.

Some confuse the physical and the astral and create superstitious stories designed to help them subdue the necessity of facing their fears and from the 'monsters' created in such stories they convince themselves and anyone else who might want to listen to them that there is real and present danger and that nobody should be purposefully engaging with the astral because 'evil lurks awaiting to pounce upon the unsuspecting.' (etc).

The source of this fearfulness resides squarely within this physical universe, notably focusing on Earth, because yes - there are indeed things to fear and be careful about - rapists, maniacs, murderers, liars, cheats, thieves, bullies, liars, hustlers, ... the list goes on...

These things have consistently proven by their very existence and in your face characteristics, to being something to be careful of, and such things even want you to fear them because that way those things can manipulate the individual.

Facing fear in OOBEs helps the individual face fears in 'the real world' - stand up to those things and not take crap from those things.

One of my first OOBE-type experiences allowed me to see 'the real world' in a new light and know with certainty that nothing in 'the real world' could ever frighten me again. I am grateful therefore, in having had the experience.

But in relation to the 'stories' told about 'that other' world , these have as much to do with perpetuating fear and paranoia here in this one and are just as likely a great deal of the reason why so much crap happens in 'this' world.

So the idea is to break from that loop of fear inducement and face those things which otherwise cripple your spiritual abilities.

Wake up to what conscious experience is all about.

Face the fear and overcome all of it.

Based upon what I have studied related to Astral Projection, below is a rough chart of the 'levels'.

Facing Ones Fears is a Necessary Aspect of Spiritual Growth and Awakening and Becoming Enlightened.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:52 PM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
We don't need another thread about Out Of Body Experiences.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality