Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 05:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Drug addicts healed, and hard core criminals become new people in Christ. .
I've seen the same thing. I'd bet more than you. Many more.

You still need to take a civics class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 06:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Thanks for the insult. Great example of Christianity there.

My personal life or education level is irrelevant to the discussion so just drop it. If I'm wrong, it's simple. Prove it. If my ignorance is on the extreme level that you claim, I gain nothing by telling me I need a course on civics rather than pointing out exactly how my points are wrong.

You obviously have something against fundamentalist Christians, but I would put the knowledge of wisdom of my pastors against you any day of the week. I have seen life changing power of Christ move through their sermons. Drug addicts healed, and hard core criminals become new people in Christ. I have no doubt that my faith is real and true.

Someone who seeks to run another person down like you are doing here tells me a lot about their own spiritual condition.
Since you've been unerringly wrong on pretty much any and every issue on which I've seen you post, I shouldn't - and am not - surprised you totally misread Ella's intent with her post.

Carry on being wrong about everything.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:55 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Since you've been unerringly wrong on pretty much any and every issue on which I've seen you post, I shouldn't - and am not - surprised you totally misread Ella's intent with her post.

This is the second time he has dumped on Ella's posts that he thought were attacks which were not.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:58 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
Thanks for the insult. Great example of Christianity there.
Personally, I think she may have insulted ten year olds. They usually have much more open hearts than what you display.

Quote:
My personal life or education level is irrelevant to the discussion so just drop it. If I'm wrong, it's simple. Prove it. If my ignorance is on the extreme level that you claim, I gain nothing by telling me I need a course on civics rather than pointing out exactly how my points are wrong.
No need for anyone to "prove" you wrong--you've done an adequate job of exposing yourself there.

She is simply doing what I've suggested many times--STUDY THE HISTORY OF AMERICA. You keep putting forth ignorant, uneducated and asinine views about christianity in early colonial America. It's obvious to all of us you either didn't get it in school, it hasn't yet been taught to you, or your secular education has devolved from those pastors you idolize.

Quote:
You obviously have something against fundamentalist Christians, but I would put the knowledge of wisdom of my pastors against you any day of the week. I have seen life changing power of Christ move through their sermons. Drug addicts healed, and hard core criminals become new people in Christ. I have no doubt that my faith is real and true.

Someone who seeks to run another person down like you are doing here tells me a lot about their own spiritual condition.
I have something against fundamentalist "christians." The vast majority aren't Christ followers, they are Pharisees masquerading as christians but exhibiting all the worst characteristics of Pharisees--judgmental, self-righteous, exempt from being guilty of anything even when convicted by courts or placed in jail for contemptuous action (or inaction).

And you are quite nicely ignoring Jesus' directive about following onerous laws in the land. I guess He got it wrong when He encouraged His disciples not only to do so--but to do it cheerfully. But then Jesus apparently gets it wrong about all your opinions. That's why you stick with the great God PAUL, who straightened Jesus out. If you don't have any doubts--then you are really in big, big trouble. There can be no faith without doubts.

I've seen the power of Christ through my own sermons--cause I certainly had nothing to do with it. The churches I've spoken before have ranged from six attendees to more than five hundred, and I probably preached in three or four score of them. What fundamentalism lacks is the ability to "keep" people---because after the boiling water cools off there is no internal temperature to keep people loving other people--so they turn to the bible idol to make judgments about others.

The bible at the center of your life becomes an anchor weighing one down. Jesus at the center of your life is uplifting and liberating and empowers one to grant the same grace and forgiveness to others that one has received from Him. Get out of that Pharisaical social group of bible idolators and find some people that are Christ centered. It brings new meaning to scripture.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 09-13-2015 at 07:07 PM..

Old 09-13-2015, 06:59 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Saying I sound like a 10 year is a flat out insult and has no bearing on the discussion. Her intent was to belittle me, plain and simple. Sad that people on your side just can't tolerate a difference of opinion.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:07 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've seen the same thing. I'd bet more than you. Many more.

You still need to take a civics class.
And you need to learn how to have a discussion with resorting to mockery and offensive comments. Hint: telling me I need a civics class over and over and over and over again only serves to try and antagonize me. Is that the true measurement of an intellectual? No, it's more like an immature temper tantrum.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:08 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
You certainly don't seem pro-Bible believing Christians. If I held Kim Davis position, I would be required to sign and endorse an immoral wedding. Would I want to stand before God some day and explain why I gave people a license to sin and possible eternal destruction? I will respect God's laws over men. You should to if you claim to be a Christian.
If you really were Pro-Bible believing, you'd make more effort learning that actual meanings of the verses you butcher to justify your prejudices.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:09 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
And you need to learn how to have a discussion with resorting to mockery and offensive comments. Hint: telling me I need a civics class over and over and over and over again only serves to try and antagonize me. Is that the true measurement of an intellectual? No, it's more like an immature temper tantrum.
You have no problem insulting homosexuals and then expecting them to be inspired by your "message." We simply are teaching in a manner that you apparently believe is effective.

How's it working?

Old 09-13-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
You obviously have something against fundamentalist Christians,.
Most people have a problem with fundamentalist Christians, because they're the worst type of Christian, just like most people have an issue with Islamic extremists. Pat Robertson and Mike Huckabee are examples of fundamentalists and they give a bad name to Christianity every time they open their mouth.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Saying I sound like a 10 year is a flat out insult and has no bearing on the discussion. Her intent was to belittle me, plain and simple. Sad that people on your side just can't tolerate a difference of opinion.
Says the person who has spent this entire thread (and numerous others) belittling gays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality