Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 11:31 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,113 times

Advertisements

I wonder just how much this woman really does know her sacred book and if she really has read it, because if she has, then maybe she should go back and reread Numbers 30:2... Were it basically states that if you take an oath in the name of your God that you're not allowed to break that oath.... Guess she didn't read that part in her sacred book...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 11:34 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Kim Davis in custody of federal marshals until she agrees to follow court orders to issue marriage licenses.

https://twitter.com/BGPolitics
I wonder if she doesn't also have the option to resign (to be released from custody).

Old 09-03-2015, 11:37 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I wonder if she doesn't also have the option to resign (to be released from custody).
Once she resigns she does not have the obligation. She would be released from jail.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:37 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Not sure. It would seem that if she resigned then she would no longer be responsible for issuing any licenses, so she should be released.

I'm sure there will be something in the court docs when they are released.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:40 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
LOCKED UP!

A Federal Marshall nabbed her today!

The good news is worth repeating.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:49 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,633,384 times
Zthatzmanz28's linked article contains this statement:

Quote:
Two other clerks, Casey Davis of Casey County and Kay Schwartz of Whitley
County, are also still refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex
couples.
If that is true, why are they also not being ordered to appear? Elsewhere I had read that they initially refused, but then relented.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:56 AM

19,974 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
Zthatzmanz28's linked article contains this statement:

If that is true, why are they also not being ordered to appear? Elsewhere I had read that they initially refused, but then relented.
For some reason the media circus hasn't followed them. One of them declared he would "die if necessary" rather than issue licenses ... as Patheos has pointed out, an easy declaration to make when you know it's not going to happen, but a great setup for the inevitable ghost-written book and maybe documentary.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:57 AM

19,974 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
LOCKED UP!

A Federal Marshall nabbed her today!

The good news is worth repeating.
There is justice in the world, and brain cells in Kentucky. Will wonders never cease!

Old 09-03-2015, 11:59 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
For some reason the media circus hasn't followed them. One of them declared he would "die if necessary" rather than issue licenses ... as Patheos has pointed out, an easy declaration to make when you know it's not going to happen, but a great setup for the inevitable ghost-written book and maybe documentary.
I wonder if they have actually refused anyone a license yet? If they haven't, then there is no court case just big talk.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:10 PM

7,244 posts, read 7,069,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I wonder if they have actually refused anyone a license yet? If they haven't, then there is no court case just big talk.
Having lived in Kentucky I'm surprised that one or more of the others didn't think their position through. I can easily see one of them defying her and issuing the paperwork, only to be fired by her. Then they could have gone home, started their own go fund me page while contacting lawyers. Then, when reinstated (as they would be for wrongful termination) collect all that back pay. Paid vacation and the opportunity to sell your story - what a deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality