Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 02:56 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,139,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I assume you are not a Christian. Christians are supposed to be tolerant of others and you clearly are not.
So I have been told by those with more influence..

Undoubtedly you are NEW here?

I follow the law of GOD, so too should everyone...HATE THE SIN LOVE THE SINNER, right?
Lesson #1

ASSuME---

Even Jesus FLIPPED tables and kick arse in the temples..

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 09-07-2015 at 03:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 02:56 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,231,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Religion is no excuse.

The bible is a book of bronze and iron age mythology. Some of the stories in it are timeless, some of them are irrelevant except as insight into ancient cultures. In no case is the bible a primary source modern civil law.
Spot on!

Old 09-07-2015, 02:57 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,139,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I'm gonna nitpick just a little. Your attachment is wrong-Mike Huckabee was never a senator. He was a governor.

Cat
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...FORGIVE ME for I have lied and sinned before god-in-the-tiny-box!

Old 09-07-2015, 03:07 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,602,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Only God knows the condition of someone's heart so to stand here and act like you know me personally based on some opinionated posts regarding hot topics is not only offensive, it is being a liar. For all I know, you are an agent of Satan writing these words to get a rise out of me.
What'd I say? He'd either reject it, or attack it, or both. He's doing both. Comparing her to satan... that's hysterical.

Quote:

The fact that I am so despised on this forum is proof alone that I speak the truth. The darkness hates the light and will fight against it.
"The fact that everyone thinks I'm wrong is all the proof I need that I am right." Jefflogic, 101.

Quote:

I may have little support in this forum, but guess what, an internet forum is not real life! In real life, there are millions of Christians out there who do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle. In real life, you would find yourself in the minority. Here, you just a meaningless username to me.
This should be a college drinking game or something. Every time Jeff says something completely wrong and factually inaccurate, everyone has to drink a shot.

Jeff - the majority of Christians in the United States support same sex marriage. Once again, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:11 PM

10,077 posts, read 5,708,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Like the Muslim cabbies? Once again you try to defend yourself purely with an unproven and ridulous claim. Can you find one example where in the USA a mulim was able to force all those working for him or her to follow the Muslims belief to discriminate? People on this thread have already stated that they would also oppose a Muslim, Hindu, buddists or atheist doing the same thing as Mrs Davis but you ignore reality and slink back into your world of "everyone is against the Christians ".

No not like the Muslim cabbies. That is such a typical tactic. You find an extreme comparison example and apply an all or nothing standard to make your position appear to be the correct one. No, I don't think religious exemptions should not be applied for every single possible scenario. I can counter with numerous examples where business have accommodated Muslims with their prayer time and attire or they have lost lawsuits regarding such things. It's funny that that doesn't seem to work with Christians. No, we now get tossed in jail.

Quote:

On the other hand, Muslim employees achieved a singular victory in EEOC v. Gold’n Plump Poultry, Inc., No. 0:08-CV-05316 (D.Minn. filed Sept. 8, 2008) when the EEOC obtained a consent decree from a Minnesota chicken processor adding a paid break during the second half of each shift to accommodate the religious beliefs of Muslim employees who wish to pray in the course of the work day. The break is in addition to a break early in the shift and lunch breaks which are required by law. The timing of the added break will fluctuate during the year to coordinate with the religious timing for Muslim prayers.22

Accommodating Islam in the Workplace: A Work in Progress | Primerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

Ella gave you great advice, read it!
Sorry but when someone disrespects me by making a post of unfounded claims against me, I have zero reason to listen to their "advice". If someone can show respect, I'll listen.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times
Quote:
For all I know, you are an agent of Satan writing these words to get a rise out of me.
WHOA

You need to dial that back a notch because that is WAY out of line.

If you can't see that Ella was coming from a good place.... SMH. Dude. You CHOOSE to be on this forum. If you can't handle Ella, who has proven herself to be a good and decent person, responding to your posts...... maybe you should stick with fundamentalist forums where everyone will agree with you. SMH. Again.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:16 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,301,683 times
Quote:
In other words, you can not counter my arguments so you resort to thinly veiled insults. My education is not the problem. The problem is people like you who hold such a deeply ingrained bitterness and bias attitude towards Christians that you would chew your tongue off before ever just once admitting that we are right. I can honestly say that I've never once seen an atheist say to a Christian "you made a very good point". So it has nothing to do with me. I may be wrong about some things, but wrong about every single sentence I ever write? Cmon.
Post 712 of this thread.

You often make false claims l8ke this one. For example in another thread on the baker and ssm you made the claim that no one cared that the baker was threatened but when news of the women being threatened there was a huge outrage. I went back in the thread and found that not only was there not a huge outrage but no one mentioned those threats until you once again mentioned the threats against the baker. I pointed this out to you upon which you ignored the fact that you were wrong and then repeated your false claim. That is just one small example of the many claims you make which are easily proven as false. I cannot guarantee that I am write and sure not going to look back to find it because you will ignore it anyways but I do believe that I once posted that you made a good post. But mostly you are wrong, not because you believe in god or that you are a Christian but because you are wrong. And even I know you are not the only Christian on this site but you are one of the most illogical and mean spirited one here, you response to Ella shows that.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
What'd I say? He'd either reject it, or attack it, or both. He's doing both. Comparing her to satan... that's hysterical.

"The fact that everyone thinks I'm wrong is all the proof I need that I am right." Jefflogic, 101.
A small group of people on a single internet forum = everyone in the entire world. Abertlogic 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post

Jeff - the majority of Christians in the United States support same sex marriage. Once again, you have no clue what you are talking about.
I suppose you have personally interviewed every single Christian in America to obtain this factual information, right? Funny that the major denominations of Christians STILL do not favor SSM in their creeds.

Here I'll make it easy for you. See all that red in the right column? That means you're wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homosexuality

Old 09-07-2015, 03:19 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,195,974 times
Quote:
A small group of people on a single internet forum = everyone in the entire world. Abertlogic 101

I suppose you have personally interviewed every single Christian in America to obtain this factual information, right? Funny that the major denominations of Christians STILL do not favor SSM in their creeds.

Here I'll make it easy for you. See all that red in the right column? That means you're wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homosexuality
If your faith requires you to hate, your faith is wrong.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
WHOA!

You need to dial that back a notch because that is WAY out of line.
But it's perfectly in line for her to claim as FACT that I'm not a Christian? I said "for all I know" which means I'm suggesting the possibility, not making the claim like she did. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality