Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 09:27 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times

Advertisements

What a mess! What a waste of tax money!
Oh...but Davis, the judges, the lawyers, and staffs are all getting PAID!! And paid pretty decent to boot!
Fire ALL these useless, dead weight, incompetents!
Trim down the laws to the most reasonable and necessary 5% or so...and get rid of 95% of these people milking this bloated system that is bogging us down.
As respects government and religion: The government is supposed to MAKE NO LAW about that...so don't. Don't even touch the issue...at all, in any way! Act as if there is no such thing as religion. If you can't do that...step aside, you don't meet the qualifications for the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 09:44 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
What a mess! What a waste of tax money!

As respects government and religion: The government is supposed to MAKE NO LAW about that...so don't. Don't even touch the issue...at all, in any way! Act as if there is no such thing as religion. If you can't do that...step aside, you don't meet the qualifications for the job.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
...snip.... Christians are getting really fed up with the gay agenda stomping on our religious freedoms.
The only stomping I see and hear are the impotent little foot-stomps of outraged, tantrum-throwing fundamentalists.

And it's sweet music.

Sing it, Jeffy!

Old 09-08-2015, 10:14 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
But is he a real Christian? Real Christians do not throw other Christians into jail for breaking the law or contempt of court.
Is there a generally recognized "Real Christian" test somewhere? Who grades it?

If real Christians won't throw other Christians in jail when they break the law, then I'm surprised anyone would elect or appoint Christians to the bench.

Quote:
And there has never been a case of a Muslim being thrown into jail for breaking a law.
This is ridiculous on its face, but a quick google turned up this -

Muslim Extremist Sentenced to Jail

And another -
#698: 10-15-04 ABDURAHMAN ALAMOUDI SENTENCED TO JAIL IN TERRORISM FINANCING CASE

And another -
HLF Founders Sentenced to Long Prison Terms :: The Investigative Project on Terrorism

And another -
Muslim man sentenced to jail for over 11 years for threatening

And another -
'Innocence of Muslims' Filmmaker Ordered Back to Prison - ABC News

All US cases, I didn't bother with the ones from the UK or Australia.

Quote:
I thought earlier today he accepted that Davis had accommodation by allowing her deputies to issue the licenses but now he is doubling down and using examples of Muslims able to get a time out for pray as rational for an entire country to refuse a service.
Please cite your source for this, I wasn't able to google anything from your description. Bunning said that he will order her back to jail if she interferes with her deputies as they issue licenses, but I don't believe she's even been back to work yet.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:34 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
It's being reported that Davis intends to violate Bunning's order as soon as she goes back to work -

Lawyers vow Kim Davis will violate court order and halt marriage licenses after release from jail

Old 09-08-2015, 10:42 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It's being reported that Davis intends to violate Bunning's order as soon as she goes back to work -

Lawyers vow Kim Davis will violate court order and halt marriage licenses after release from jail
She will get what's deserved from oppressing other's rights to marry.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:59 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
I read that her supporters were protesting at the judge's home on the weekend. Doesn't seem like their religious rights have been 5aken away. I wonder how protestor at the Davis household would be viewed on this forum.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:26 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,372,988 times
Quote:
The clerk is asking for religious accommodations
No, she is asking for special privileges and exemptions from doing her actual job. Which is in NO way comparable to people who were allowed wear unusual attire to work. A massive difference but one you ignore simply because, as per usual, it does not fit your narrative.

Quote:
Marriage licenses is a small portion of her job duties so she is doing her job.
No, she is refusing to do part of her job. It does not matter if she is refusing to do her entire job, or just a proportion of it, the fact remains she is now refusing to do part of the job she was hired to do and accepted doing.

Quote:
Christians are getting really fed up with the gay agenda stomping on our religious freedoms.
YOU do not speak for all Christians or even many Christians if the christian reaction to you on this forum is any measure at all. YOU might be getting fed up with it, but as I have pointed out numerous times but only get silence and retreat as a reply: Your concept of what "religious freedom" means is skewed from the actual reality of what it means by no small distance.

And as many people have pointed out this ruling was made by a Catholic Judge who personally opposes SSM which, again, does not fit your narrative of this all being "Christian persecution by a gay agenda". You sound little different to the Creationists after the Dover Trial moaning about an agenda when in fact the Judge in the case was a Bush Appointed Christian.

Quote:
Do you honestly think if Kim Davis was a Muslim instead of a Christian, the government would have thrown her in jail? Not a chance.
Amazing how when you can not back up your narrative you switch into fantasy narratives of what WOULD happen but has never happened. Similar to your "Soon pastors will be thrown in jail" narrative of what iffery and imagination. But someone above already asked you to cite a case of this happening, so I am all ears to hear your silence again.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:45 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post

Amazing how when you can not back up your narrative you switch into fantasy narratives of what WOULD happen but has never happened. Similar to your "Soon pastors will be thrown in jail" narrative of what iffery and imagination. .
Jews wear the yarmulke, the hijab is seen on Arabs ,there is the Sikh turban. I imagine in Jeff's church what you see is head coverings made out of tinfoil.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:23 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

I trust that her subordinates will ignore her. If her instructions violate the law, her orders are without force. effectively she will have become a paid redundancy and the sooner she understands that her position is untenable, the better.

Then (To Gldnrule's relief) she will stop being a waste of tax -money.

Quote:
I read that her supporters were protesting at the judge's home on the weekend. Doesn't seem like their religious rights have been 5aken away. I wonder how protestor at the Davis household would be viewed on this forum.
"Gay -agenda rentamob terrorizes peaceful Christians" (Martyrdom weekly)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality