Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:03 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times

Advertisements

changed my mind, so i deleted the post

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 01-19-2009 at 06:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 10:33 AM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I have to agree with you here Mystic. I do believe that everything is made up of Consciousness, and that we are all a part of that Consciousness, and so we are in this way God, if we view God as that Consciousness. When people die or when they meditate their mind expands and they are enveloped in this Love, this Consciousness so to speak. Once when I meditated my mind expanded, and I was enveloped in Love, and I knew then that this God loved me and everyone no matter what they have done. There was no judgment in this Love, because there was nothing other than Love. I don't quite understand it but that was my experience. It took away the years of pain that I felt after being told by the JWs that I was dead in God's eyes.
I completely understand the experience, Mattie Jo . . . once someone has direct experience of God's love and acceptance . . . Jesus makes perfect and irrefutable sense . . . since that is what he expressed and exhibited during his life with us. Your ability to experience it directly indicates that your consciousness has the basic charateristics (is in the right resonance or "key" . . . i.e., love).

Since all consciousness ever created still exists as energy in some form . . . Jesus' conscousness is available to us all as part of human consciousness. Our goal is for our consciousness to be good enough to at least resonate with the basic characteristics of Jesus consciousness through LOVE. Because Jesus' consciousness is identical to God's . . . ALL human consciousness has a way to achieve that resonance through LOVE and the ever-present inner guidance of the holy spirit and Jesus' consciousness (regardless what we believe) . . . as long as we are alive and able to "tune" our consciousness and correct the "off-key" parts (remorse and repentance).

I also have such faith in the unconditional LOVE of God that (like Shana) . . . I am hopeful that there is SOME way for even the worst failures among us to somehow be reconciled (although my mind balks at imagining what that might be).

Old 04-28-2015, 08:53 PM

40 posts, read 36,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGorgon View Post
So I live in South Florida, an area with no shortage of beautiful women, especially those of a Latin flavor. Well when I came here years ago, Jehovah's Witnesses used to come to my door quite often. These were usually older men and/or women.

Well now they have come up with a new tactic. They are sending these attractive women up to people's doors nowadays so now thy are making it hard to slam the door and/or not open it at all. This is just not right! I demand the old hags back!

I had to smile when you stated you "demand the old hags back". It reminds me of the days of Elijah, he was on his way up to Bethel, some young boys came out from the city, and began to jeer at him (2 Kings 2:23) and began saying "go up baldhead, go up baldhead). Elijah then turned around and cursed these boys in Jehovah's name, then 2 she-bears came out of the woods and tore 42 of the children to pieces. Be careful how you talk about these people, they are peaceful, joyous,loving, kind people, who wish you only what is good. They are following the command given to the disciples by Jesus Christ to "go therefore, and preach this good news of the kingdom in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14. Don't get caught jeering at them, listen to them, don't be like the people of Noah's day who laughed at Noah when he was commanded to build the ark and when he preached to them, they called him crazy, but, look who were crazy when the flood waters were overcoming them; look who were pounding on the door of the ark pleading to be let in, look who perished in the flood. Those same people you are making jokes at are your work-mates, your neighbors, your teachers, pharmacists, nurses, doctors and so many more. What they are saying makes sense, the 8.5 million of us are using the knowledge, understanding and wisdom that God gives us are helping to save peoples' lives. Listen to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality