Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 03:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,192,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
It's good that you know it's not .
Jesus is not there fool and scapegoat .
They have not allowed hI'm to do anything in there lives .

He came to save us FROM our sin , not to save us in it.
Good that you feel that way, since it seems that you wouldn't have any morals without having a god to look to. I, on the other hand, can have morals and not need a god to keep me from raping and pillaging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 03:46 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,029,532 times
Quote:
I can start with you .

You stated that morals change with time . That is a lie you adopted as an excuse .
God's morals never change .
There is no "God's morals". Morality is created, defined, designed, implemented, and executed by Man, and for Man. It is arrived at by utilizing Reason. It a part of the branch of philosophy known as Ethics.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I can start with you .

You stated that morals change with time . That is a lie you adopted as an excuse .
God's morals never change .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How many women that had sex before marriage have you stoned?
Do you eat shell fish?
Do you allow a menstruating woman in your house?

Do you keep all of the OT laws?

Oh, wait, that all CHANGED with the NT right? You can not say that gods morals never change when they did in the course of your book.
No answer?

Old 08-22-2015, 03:49 PM

468 posts, read 265,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
So clearly, genocide, infanticide and rape are not wrong, according to you... Or God commanded Israel to sin. (See Numbers 31) Which is it?

There are a couple of other options. You can say that sometimes rape, infanticide and genocide are moral, but it is situational. That is, morality is relative not absolute... Are you going to take that route? Or you can argue that the Bible is not literally true in this case, that God did not command Moses to do these things, because God wouldn't do that.

To get past the "gotchas", in case you actually want to have a real discussion. If we look at history, we see a huge variety of moral positions that change over time and across cultures. Polygamy has been considered moral in many cultures and times. Slavery was considered moral from antiquity. Vigilante, clan based vengence was considered just. Infanticide was not immoral. Pederasty was considered moral, even desirable. We have countless sets of morality, based on every religious tradition in history, as well as secular, rational, and philosophical considerations.

You can argue that only one of these many incarnations of morality is correct, but then you are left with the task of demonstrating this. How can you prove that it is true? For that matter, can you even define the morality you do consider to be true? It is much harder than it seems...

-NoCapo
You know your bible well.
Now study the 3 days before Jesus rose .

Old 08-22-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
It's good that you know it's not .
Jesus is not there fool and scapegoat .
They have not allowed hI'm to do anything in there lives .

He came to save us FROM our sin , not to save us in it.
You sound like dopey Jim Bob. Only without decent English. And that's a bad thing. A very very bad bad thing. Not a good thing at all.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No answer?
I keep all the laws he convicts me of in my heart when I disobey .
And when I look in the bible they are always there.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,157,293 times
I think clickstack is...confused.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:55 PM

Speaking of which, how long until we find dopey Jim Bob himself on Ashley Madison, or involved in some other hell hole of mystical transmogrification? When Reason is suspended, evil fills the void.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You sound like dopey Jim Bob. And that's a bad thing. A very very bad bad thing. Not a good thing at all.
Your poor humor does not make up for your lack of intelligence.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I keep all the laws he convicts me of in my heart when I disobey .
And when I look in the bible they are always there.
So you DO or DON'T keep the laws from the OT?

IF, as you say, gods morals don't change then they would ALL still be in effect. If they aren't then gods morals changed. You can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality