Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:16 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,447 times

Advertisements

Recently I was looking through some records my girlfriend has, and i came accross three Ozzy Osbourne records. When I confronted her, she said she used to listen to them, but not recently. Still, I was troubled that she has them. Is it possible that, although she claims to be a Christian, she's actually into devil worship? Even if she does not believe so, what about the backward messages that heavy metal albums have, and how people can become agents of satan without even knowing it? What should i do?

Old 01-24-2008, 04:21 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
Recently I was looking through some records my girlfriend has, and i came accross three Ozzy Osbourne records. When I confronted her, she said she used to listen to them, but not recently. Still, I was troubled that she has them. Is it possible that, although she claims to be a Christian, she's actually into devil worship? Even if she does not believe so, what about the backward messages that heavy metal albums have, and how people can become agents of satan without even knowing it? What should i do?
Wow man, I think you're taking it a little too far. I listen to Ozzy Ozbourne too but I don't worship satan. Heck, I like Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, and Rush but it doesn't mean I adhere to worshipping satan. If I were her I'd be downright mad that you confronted me after digging through my own personal stuff.

I also meant to ask... What exactly is "non-satanic" music to you? 40- 50 years ago people were claiming that the Beatles and Elvis were satanic. I'd ease up otherwise you're going to be dealing with a closet atheist instead... On second thought....

Old 01-24-2008, 04:38 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,653 times
Are you for real? Or just a troll? I'm less worried about the backwards messages Ozzy Osbourne might have and more worried the backwards mindsets of the people who oppose any type of music. And people don't need to be agents of satan listening to certain types of music...though I would more likely believe Satan has a hand in making God's creations paranoid, oppressive, and fight against each other.

I think you should lighten up, to answer your last question, and open your mind up a little.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:41 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
Quote:
Is it possible that you should do a little more research and find that there are no backwards messages on heavy metal albums, and that the people who listen to such music aren't automatically "devil worshipers"? Put down the koolaid, dude........

Old 01-24-2008, 06:03 AM

395 posts, read 1,363,803 times
Quote:
That is the weirdest thing I have EVER read. IMO.
Otherwise...tell your girlfriend to ROCK ON!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 06:10 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,333 times
Default :d:d

Alright! Everyone knows Ozzy's the man! I also listen to bands like diecide, deeds of flesh, dying fetus, satyricon, morbid angel, decapitated, man the list just keeps goin on! Death metal rocks!(haha literally! ) course i don't worship satan, though i wouldn't judge someone that said they did, thats their buisness. Wonder if satan worshippers have a holiday and wear horns and draw funny mustaches on? If i ever meet one i'll have to ask! (hehe i'm jkin, kinda ranting...wait i'm still ranting lol) But yea you should try checkin out some metal Prince who knows maybe you'll enjoy it and have a cultural adventure along the way! Especially being from L.A. you're missin out on some good metal!

Old 01-24-2008, 06:24 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Ozzy is a gentle old soul. I really wouldn't worry if I were you.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:29 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Are you for real? Or just a troll?
That was my first thought If your relationship was based on the mutual understanding that you both were deep spiritual Christians and neither of you listen to that kind of trash, then yes you should reconsider where she stands.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:08 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Quote:
Hi, Prince and welcome here..Whenever someone comes in that I don't recognize I always read some of their other posts just to kind of get a feel for where they are coming from..I really, really think you can answer this question given your education and your other posts.Anyway, I like my Michael Jackson cd's and just love the thriller album..I have them in my car and occasionally pop them in and enjoy..Now, MJ of course is a strange person I think he is even a little pitiful, but I enjoy some of his music..It doesn't make me want to "worship" him or pattern my life after his He is entertaining and I am still trying to "moonwalk" I wouldn't get too upset, because your girlfriend has "records?" of Ozzie..Unless she starts biting the heads off chickens or some other unusual thing

Old 01-24-2008, 07:17 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
...I wouldn't get too upset, because your girlfriend has "records?" of Ozzie..Unless she starts biting the heads off chickens or some other unusual thing
I was going to post a reply myself, about his concerns, but honestly, I think you did a better job, altogether!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality