Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 01:55 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Not trying to win or make you lose, Freak. That may be your goal in discussions, but it's not mine.

Tell you what ... I will believe that you actually get the point if you never go on another thread insisting that only those who approach the bible with an all-or-nothing view have integrity.
Ok, that is fair enough.

But I still wonder why you won't at least consider belief in the Invisible Burrito Creature Who Controls the Universe. Especially when anyone who does not believe in the Invisible Burrito Creature will be drowned in the Eternal Vat of Boiling Refried Beans after they die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 02:12 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Ok, that is fair enough.

But I still wonder why you won't at least consider belief in the Invisible Burrito Creature Who Controls the Universe. Especially when anyone who does not believe in the Invisible Burrito Creature will be drowned in the Eternal Vat of Boiling Refried Beans after they die.
Because the IBC causes me digestive problems. Feel free to worship at his altar, just don't stand near me if you do.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:14 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Arequipa, I'm not talking to Freak (or you) about how he interacts with Christians who "pretend" anything of the sort. The Christians on this board who do NOT insist that bible is infallible also do not insist that anyone must accept the existence of God based on the bible, right?

What Freak does is get in on discussions among Christians (and others) who believe there is a God (or at least accept it as a definite possibility), and insist that all of them must play on the field of accepting everything in the bible as truth about God, or else they are being disingenuous. No, that's not being polite.
Ok. I should have stayed out of that one.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:17 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Not trying to win or make you lose, Freak. That may be your goal in discussions, but it's not mine.
Tell you what ... I will believe that you actually get the point if you never go on another thread insisting that only those who approach the bible with an all-or-nothing view have integrity.
Pleroo, it has become very clear that Freak is Moderator cut: insulting and dismissive of ANY concept of God. Give him a few more decades of life to season his absurd zeal and perhaps it may be fruitful to dsicuss it with him. As of now, he is far too fundamentalist in his atheism. It is an excellent example of what it is about fundamentalism that defines it.
Quote:
Ok, that is fair enough.
Puerile school yard nonsense.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-17-2015 at 03:31 AM..

Old 09-16-2015, 03:05 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Pleroo, it has become very clear that Freak is just Moderator cut: Orphaned and dismissive of ANY concept of God. Give him a few more decades of life to season his absurd zeal and perhaps it may be fruitful to dsicuss it with him. As of now, he is far too fundamentalist in his atheism. It is an excellent example of what it is about fundamentalism that defines it.
I think Freak's comment to me about being a sore winner indicates what he's really doing on the forum. It's a game to him, and he'll use whatever advantage he can to win, even posing as a fundamentalist. It's not a bad strategy, since it often effectively clouds whatever is being discussed.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-17-2015 at 03:32 AM..

Old 09-16-2015, 03:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Ok, that is fair enough.

Doesn't the IBC live at the center of the earth? There's a basic flaw in your theology Freak. Burritos aren't baked. Refried beans aren't boiled. That's why they're called refried beans.

We have GOT to get you to California, Freak. This is basic stuff.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Pleroo, it has become very clear that Freak is just Moderator cut: Orphanedand dismissive of ANY concept of God. Give him a few more decades of life to season his absurd zeal and perhaps it may be fruitful to dsicuss it with him.
I don't know why you think that. I am clearly open to the Invisible Burrito Creature concept of God. Are you? If not, why?

Quote:
As of now, he is far too fundamentalist in his atheism. It is an excellent example of what it is about fundamentalism that defines it.
When it comes to the existence of the Invisible Burrito Creature, you are every bit as much of an atheist as I am. You may even be a "fundamentalist" atheist.

You know what I call people who don't believe in invisible beings that control the universe? I call those people normal.

Quote:
Of course it's nonsense! That's the point. You can easily see that the idea of an Invisible Burrito Creature controlling the universe is absurd, can't you? But for some reason, when the term "Invisible Burrito Creature" is replaced with the term "God," the absurd concept becomes so sacred that anyone who questions it is considered to be suffering from an "absurd zeal."

Unfamiliar absurdities can be spotted immediately. Familiar absurdities are often held sacred.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-17-2015 at 03:33 AM..

Old 09-16-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Doesn't the IBC live at the center of the earth? There's a basic flaw in your theology Freak. Burritos aren't baked. Refried beans aren't boiled. That's why they're called refried beans.

We have GOT to get you to California, Freak. This is basic stuff.
Heretic! The IBC can do anything. He can make refried beans by boiling them. Do not doubt the power of the IBC.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Heretic!
Indeed. I've no desire to worship some god who ruins Mexican food. Next you'll tell us he uses Kraft singles. A thought so horrifying I'm turning atheist.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Indeed. I've no desire to worship some god who ruins Mexican food. Next you'll tell us he uses Kraft singles. A thought so horrifying I'm turning atheist.
If you don't believe in the IBC, he will force you to eat Mexican food with Kraft singles for eternity after you die.

(On a more serious note, it was exactly this kind of "logic" that was programmed into my brain since early childhood.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality